Yak and Yeti or Rainforest?

HeatherL

Mouseketeer
Trying to decide between the two for our day at AK. We are having a later breakfast (9:15) at TH that morning, and from past experience I know we won't need a real lunch. I'm trying to plan an early dinner for the same day. I also though about doing dinner at Maya Grill at CSR where we are staying. I feel like RF would be more fun for the kids, but the menu at YY looks better. Is there a separate kids menu there? Thanks!

I like them both, but like Yak and Yeti better food-wise and quiet-wise :). For kids, RFC does have more of a fun factor. Yak and Yeti is nicely themed, but RFC is over the top with the rain forest environment. There is a tropical thunder storm at regular intervals in which the animals act up, there is a great fish tank to observe, etc.

Both restaurants have kids menus.

We live 10 minutes from a Rainforest Cafe so we have never bothered going to one at Disney but it depends on your tastes. Rainforest Cafe has a menu like every other large chain restaurant (Planet Hollywood, Hard Rock, etc.). It is very loud and noisy but if your kids have never been, they will love it. Yak and Yeti has a menu similar to PF Changs. I like their menu better and the atmosphere is much quieter but it is a heavy meal in a HOT park. Both are owned by Landry's so if paying cash look online for discounts:)

Hmmm I think my boys would love RF, but they also love expedition Everest so they would prob like the yeti theme. I just think the food at YY appeals to me and dh so much more.

It's a tough choice! The trip is about the kids but I think by the time we get to AK we will be tired of the same food. We have picky kids so I'm sure the food at RF would appeal to them to. Maybe I'll make a res at both and the talk to dh about it some more.

HeatherL said:
It's a tough choice! The trip is about the kids but I think by the time we get to AK we will be tired of the same food. We have picky kids so I'm sure the food at RF would appeal to them to. Maybe I'll make a res at both and the talk to dh about it some more.

Also my older ds has a peanut/nut allergy. Well this be an issue at Y&Y?

We have had several not so great meals at y&y... I am not picky and have no allergies and love Chinese Thai and Indian food- after three tries, won't do it again. Rainforest has better food in my opinion but just average to good. We always do counter service at flame tree BBQ- never disappoints!

If you want to keep kids happy. Would choose RFC. I think they will love the theme. Food and Drinks are good too! Have always heard good things in WDW with dietary and allergy issues. I don't think you would have a problem in either place with that!

Thanks everyone. I think we decided on RFC. The kids will like it so much better I think. Dh and i go out to dinner often enough on our own that we can deal with an average meal to make our kids happy :)

Another vote for Yak & Yeti. I can see where children might enjoy the over-the-top ambience of Rainforest Cafe, but the cuisine is pretty mediocre.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter