Yak and Yeti: Best and Worst Dishes...

Best: Lettuce Cups, Dim Sum, Wok Fried Green Beans, Duck (no longer on the menu :(), Fried Wonton Dessert
Nothing Bad to report :)

Best: Mandarin Chicken Salad, Baby Back Ribs, and the Duck With Anandapur Glaze (no longer on the menu).

I had some entree I can't remember but I DO remember the vegetables that come on the plate. It was a mixture of assorted boiled squash. It was seasoned with a dry herb blend and probably came frozen from the supplier. This is the same cheap, dry herb flakes that are on most every frozen single meal you buy these days -- like pizza, chicken, etc. It's horrible because the herbs are not added during the cooking process but just tossed on top before the food is boxed and out the door. You can see it just laying there on top when you open the package. And that just doesn't work for developing a tasty dish. You can taste the bitterness of the dry flakes.

Best: Egg rolls and Fried Wonton Dessert

Worst: Honey Chicken. It wasn't that bad, just now that good either

We had rice with a couple of our family members' entrees during our 2011 trip that was absolutely amazing! Now we can't remember if it was the jasmine rice that is listed on the current menu. Everything that we ate there was wonderful, but DH and DSes still talk about the rice.

The only thing I've had there was the duck. It was so good that I went back and ordered it again, and found the recipe so I could make it at home.

Would love to try it for our upcoming trip in August. We're a party of 7, and nothing is available for anything more than a party of 6. :sad2:

Best - Tempura Shrimp! This was so delicious when we had dinner there last year... I'll be ordering this again in November. We also loved the Shaoxing Steak and Tempura Shrimp but I don't see it on the menu anymore (super sad). The fried creamcheese wontons for desserts were amazing!!!

Now y'all are making me want to eat there and I already have more TS booked for my trip than I wanted!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter