• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yaht Club Conciage Level or Beach Club

Well, in general who wouldn't want to stay Club Level over standard? I think you have to decide if it's worth the extra expense for you.

I recently returned from a stay at BC in a deluxe room, which includes club level access but it on a different floor. I wanted the deluxe room for the extra space, and the club level access was a bonus. Now unlike some people who stay club level once and can't go back to standard rooms, I am probably one of the exceptions. It was totally wonderful to do once, but I don't think I'd do it again. The only consistent time we visited the lounge was for breakfast and I easily could have ordered room service breakfast everyday and gotten a hot breakfast for less than we spent to upgrade. But we did get a larger room and a water view along with club level. And the IPO helped me pull off some wonderful in room surprises at check in. So it made for a wonderful. special, luxurious first time visit for me and me kids together. If you have something like that in mind, I say go for it.

I'd always pick Club Level over standard room. Of course, Club Level is usually more expensive, unless it's available on a discount and a regular room isn't.

Put us in the category of stayed Club Level once (we were given a free upgrade to Royal Palm Club on our first stay at GF three years ago), and we've never gone back to a regular room. We laugh saying WDW knew what they were doing when they gave us that upgrade! For us, now, it's either Beach Club or Yacht Club Club level, rather than RPC. Why? We love SAB and the Epcot Resort Area.

thanks actully the yaht club club level was less expensive than beach club standard room by $10.00 a night.

Well if you can get Yacht Club club level on a discount and it's $10 less than BC, I'd absolutely go for that. There isn't much difference at all between BC and YC, except that it's much easier to get a balcony at YC and BC may be a little more "kid-oriented". Beyond those, no real differences at all. The pool's the same for both.

We find Club level to be very convenient (even if it's not technically a good value). We often change dining reservations last minute and it's nice to have a concierge to do that for us. Our boys like the breakfast and the snacks through the day. We enjoy a glass of wine in the evening, although the wine choices are nothing to write home about.

YC club level absolutely! You have all the same amenities as the Beach Club (and I actually prefer the YC...)

I'd stay at YC. We stayed there a few weeks ago and after seeing the large family crowds at BC I'd always choose YC. My kids are teens. YC seems a little more adultish yet that means it's further from SAB, the marketplace and beaches & cream.

Lol- this question doesn't make any sense. Take the YC CL!!! :cloud9: What are you waiting for? Especially if the cost is $10 less. The YC and BC share the same facilities and amenities- i.e. they're connected under one roof, Stormalong Bay, bus transportation is shared, fitness center, etc. Really, the only differences (if the two rooms were exactly the same in size, amenities, and view) is that the YC is closer to HS (if you're walking... if you take the ferry then the ferry dock is located in the middle of the two resorts and then distance is irrelevant), while the BC is closer to Epcot. We've stayed at both the BCV and YC. We loved both resorts, but I would like to note that the BCV is that much closer to Epcot. My family is comprised of Soarin', Test Track, Illuminations, and World Showcase fans, so being that much closer to Epcot from the BCV put the BCV on a slightly higher level than YC. But then again, we also stayed in a 2-bedroom vs. a waterview room a the YC so the rooms might be making me slightly biased, although I'm trying to take the rooms out of the picture.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter