Yahct Club resort ...what is it like?

The Yacht Club is a very nice place to stay! admittedly we stayed on Concierge level. We had a corner room that slept 5 - 2 dbl beds and a daybed but we had a balcony overlooking the boat dock which made it very nice and you could see all the fireworks at night!. As I mentioned you can catch a boat to DW or any of the other resorts in that area and you can walk to Epcot from your hotel in just minutes. We really love the proximity to the parks! The staff was very helpful even in other parts of the hotel and access to good restaurants is nice. In my opinion it's a great place to stay! HAVE FUN! :banana:

We have stayed at the YC several times, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Since we are Epcot lovers, the location couldn't be better--its a leisurely stroll to the International Gateway entrance.

We love the boat service to MGM, as well as the pool and the beautiful grounds.
We like YC better than Beach Club, which is next door, because all of the YC rooms have balconies, while some of the BC rooms do not.

Loved the YC! We had a waterview room overlooking the boardwalk and lake. Nothing like watching Epcot fireworks each night on the balcony!

I agree with everything the previous posters have mentioned. We LOVE the YC. It is our favorite. We also had one of those great rooms overlooking the marina. Nothing like sitting on the balcony, watching the people come and go, listening to the horns on the boats, and catching Illuminations in your pajamas!

We're bringing one of our son's friends with us and have to get two rooms, so it was not feasible to stay there this year. :sad2: We will probably go there at least once to eat and just walk by SAB. I love that area...especially at night when things get calm and you can really appreciate it.

We found the staff at the YC to be the friendliest and most helpful we've ever had at Disney. We loved the feeling you would get as soon as you walked through those doors. Everything was always immaculately clean and extremely well taken care of. We also liked the clean and bright decor of the rooms. Loved having that wall of glass doors and windows, it opened the room up so much.

Hope you have a great stay and enjoy enough for the both of us!!!!! :sunny:

Yacht Club is also our favorite. Wonderful location, beautiful hotel great staff. Does anyone who has stayed there recently know if Captain Bob (the greeter in the lobby) is still around? He absolutely enchanted my daughter when she was 3. She's now 8, and still wants to stay at the YC so she can visit with Captain Bob.

Disney Planner Mama said:
Does anyone who has stayed there recently know if Captain Bob (the greeter in the lobby) is still around? He absolutely enchanted my daughter when she was 3. She's now 8, and still wants to stay at the YC so she can visit with Captain Bob.

We were there last month and did see Captain Bob - he is wonderful! He is semi-retired now and only works a couple days a week (Th - F, I think).

We love the YC also - location, pool, amenities, proximity to BW, etc. We've stayed there 11 times over the last 9 years and have a hard time staying anywhere else.

One note about catching Illuminations from the hotel - you can see the high fireworks and some of the laser lights, but not the spinning globe or the water or fire effects. Thus, while it is fun to catch what you can from the hotel, it's really only a relatively small part of the overall show. (Not to be a party pooper, but I just wanted to make sure that a newbie to the YC understands that.)

I will be the voice of dissent. I didn't like the YC*we had a bad standard view room- that could be why. But I found it a little on the uptight side. We prefer the BC. It is a matter of taste. Personally I am a BC girl.(although I bet I would have liked the YC if we went with a better view- it was just so cheap I couldn't resist- you get what you pay for)

The YC is a tad more "elegant" than the Beach Club, but certainly not "uppity" by any means. It is a bit quieter in the lobby than BC as well. The YC does have it over the BC regarding views from it's balconies, however, and as another poster commented, you get your own personal fireworks show every night around 9:30.

Transportation is good to MGM (walk/boat), and Epcot (definitely can walk it). You are also within walking distance of the Boardwalk where something is always going on every night, but yet far enough away to avoid the hustle and bustle. Plus...you have the best pool on property at your disposal, along with the best burgers on property at Beaches and Cream.

Check out the view from our room this past December. It will be at the very bottom of the first page on the thread below.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1070508

Brian

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter