Yachtsman's..

budafam

DIS Veteran
Any recommendations for eating here? I just booked it for our Epcot day instead of Hoop De Doo. We adore Hoop De Doo but the trek from Epcot was a bit much. It will be me, my 2 kids (7 & 5), my sister & my dad (his first trip).

Any recommendations for eating here? I just booked it for our Epcot day instead of Hoop De Doo. We adore Hoop De Doo but the trek from Epcot was a bit much. It will be me, my 2 kids (7 & 5), my sister & my dad (his first trip).

To be honest the first time I dined here I had a very poor experience however I have been hearing some really great reviews lately so I booked it for my next trip...

Most of the reviews say to order either the Porterhouse or the Filet :thumbsup2

I am interested to hear what others have to say!!!

We have never had a bad meal here and the service is top notch. I always order the filet and it is scrumptious :)

We love Yachtsman. We had a great experience as the waitstaff was excellent, the atmosphere was nice, and the filet was amazing :thumbsup2.

We have never had a bad experience here either! One of our favorites!

The Porthouse is to die for!. Even better if you have the DDP. What we don't eat, we save and still tastes amazing reheated. popcorn::

We love it here. From the service to food it's an excellent meal.
Besides the steak, the cheese plate and sides like creamed spinach and the mushrooms andac n cheese are incredible compliments to the filet or porterhouse.

We just ate there and had a very good meal with excellent service, but I'll be honest that our filets were nowhere near the best we've had... or worth the price we paid. Good flavor, but lacking the tenderness expected.

Yachtsman Steak House is a great place for good steaks, good service and atmosphere. We've never had a bad meal there.

If you order steak get it med rare, or rare, cutting a porter house with butter knife was fun. Only warning is don't try to eat the whole thing lol

We just ate there last Tuesday night and LOVED it! It was myself, DS5 and DH. DH got the 28oz porterhouse and even after his appetizer managed to eat all but a few small bites of it! Steak was cooked perfectly to our liking and was so flavorful. And the Mickey Puzzle is an awesome dessert for the kids!

This is our FAVORITE celebration restaurant! We Always Find something to "celebrate" every trip just so we can go !! HIGHLY RECCOMEND !!

Our favorite signature restaurant! Great food, service & atmosphere! You won't be disappointed!!!

Went for first time last year and loved it - never thought we would like it as much as Le Cellier but it was way better. Have you looked on the dining reports and Jabeads live from Disney thread. She has had lots of photos submitted - might help you decide :)

We love the YS...we've never had a bad meal there. It's been a "must do" on our last 4 trips and we'll be returning in August. Love the filet!

Don't expect a 5-star steakhouse. It is good but it's "Disney-good," so you aren't going to get the same experience or cut of meat you'd have at a place like Bones in Atlanta. Porterhouse might be the best choice as the ribeye and filet the family members ordered were just ok. Service was fine but the sides were a bit lacking. Atmosphere was pretty bland -- not bad just nothing special.

Has this place changed chefs? I haven't read so many encouraging things about a restaurant that usually gets average at best reviews in ages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter