• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yachtsman Worth It???

Ms.Mouse

DIS Veteran
I could have sworn I asked this question but I can't find it.....

Is the Yachtsman worth 2TS??? I'm pretty cheap with my Table Seatings because I feel, why use 2 TS on a restaurant when you can get something that is just as or better than the food at the 2TS restaruant. If it is just a GREAT atmosphere and they serve WONDERFUL food that can't be compared, then I'm willing to "spend" 2 TS..... Can anyone advise me????

We normally do not do the DP; however, Yatchman is worth the money. DW and I think it is one of the bast places to eat on property. :thumbsup2

Please note that when DW and I go to YSH we make it a couples thing. :love2:

I am really happy to hear the replies to the OP's question. We have never been there before. We have chosen this for our 15 anniversary dinner and we are not on the DP. I already have a reservation at the Sand Castle Club for my ds while we have a quiet and delicious kid-free dinner! :cool1:

Totally worth it. I would definitely say great atmosphere (I love how it SMELLS) and wonderful food (I always order a filet mignon).
We are going to WDW in 2-1/2 weeks, and we are planning on a dinner at Yachtsman. I love that restaurant. The atmosphere is casually elegant - white tablecloths, but you don't feel out of place if you aren't dressed up.

Ask to sit near the windows, it's a great view of Stormalong Bay.

We have routinely had very polished service there. The only time I have complained about the service was one NY Eve, and the place was crazy.

Enjoy yourself!

Ms.Mouse said:
I could have sworn I asked this question but I can't find it.....

Is the Yachtsman worth 2TS??? I'm pretty cheap with my Table Seatings because I feel, why use 2 TS on a restaurant when you can get something that is just as or better than the food at the 2TS restaruant. If it is just a GREAT atmosphere and they serve WONDERFUL food that can't be compared, then I'm willing to "spend" 2 TS..... Can anyone advise me????

Many people love Yachtsman, but just as many think it is terrible. Hubby and I think it is terrible. We took a party of 7 to Yachtsman. We expected some really great steaks. Honestly, these were some of the worst steaks we have ever had, and definately the worst service we have ever had on disney property. The steaks were full of gristle. Now, don't get me wrong, we understand a good cut of meat, which has more fat in it, etc (we raised/butchered beef). The manager and chef should have been embarrased with the quality of meat they were serving that evening. Now, we had an early reservation, so the restaurant was not yet full. The wines didn't show up until we were almost finished eating, the server didn't follow up, it was a horrible horrible meal and experience all the way around. We do our share of fine dining, but Yachtsman definately does not fit the bill.

We love YSH and try to dine there at least once per year (we are local). The filet is the family favorite, but I also like the flavor of the Bourbon Strip Steak. The mushrooms are a great side and so is the creamed spinach! Oh, the pull apart bread is fabulous too!
It is always a special and memorable night and well worth the additional cost.
Service is fantastic and many of the servers have been there for years!
Oscar, Ricky, Thomas, Susan, Little John, John S, Mana, Sam, Samir, just to name a FEW!

ENJOY!

ncyorks said:
We normally do not do the DP; however, Yatchman is worth the money. DW and I think it is one of the bast places to eat on property. :thumbsup2

Please note that when DW and I go to YSH we make it a couples thing. :love2:

Ditto!

Hookedup, DH and I have eaten there for our 9th and 10th anniversaries. We love it! The first time they gave a dessert sampler with cookies and chocolates that said happy anniversary. Then the second time we got the same, plus a long stem red rose. It was a nice touch (DH never would have thought of that, LOL!).

I have also dined there a third time with my Mom and she said it lived up to all my hype. ;) Everything from the bread and salad, to the steak and sides and perfect!

DH and I are getting a night out on our August trip and we are planning to go to CA Grill. I want to experience, that but I am so tempted to cancel it and book YSH again, where I know we will get an amazing meal. :rolleyes1

We were going to do it on trip a few weeks ago....but our 2 sons said not to botther. DS #2 had been there several times with his fiancee's family but most recently in Jan. 06. He knew we were considering it for Feb. trip. He said it was not very good, i.e., not to waste 2 TS credits on it. Also DS #1 had been in Sept. 05 & said it was not very good....food just wasn't that good for the $$$. Just my opinion :) .

It is not for us. DH DS (adult) and I went in October on the Dining Plan. I was so very excited. This is the meal I most looked forward to for our entire trip.
The restaurant is beautiful, the atmosphere is great and the service was wonderful. But we all were very disappointed in the food and we will not be going back. We felt strongly that everything other than the rolls (wonderful) and the salad were over sauced.
I know many folks love the food here, but we were very disappointed. Just our opinion!

Vastly over-rated IMO. Was really looking forward to actually dressing up for a nice, relaxing meal @ WDW; with properly trained waitstaff - ha!

Albiet very early in DP program, but suffered snotty waiter who loudly lectured us on what & what we couldn't order using the DP before our drink orders were taken. Who then moved on to the next table and got into a discussion about the influx of people who don't usually frequent the establishment. (Hey, who left in the table from the AS Movies?)

Steaks were of same quality of LeCellier, took our business there last Dec. & were quite pleased w/service & selection.

We were there last October on the dining plan. It was good overall, but our steaks were not done the way we asked for them. DD17, who wants her meat well-done, received a filet that was still bleeding. The filets we had at Chefs de France a few days before that were much better, very tender and done just right. The appetizers and dessert were very good and the service was also good.

We also have had very bad experiences at the Yachtsman. We have been there twice, and both times had very slow and uncaring service. Very difficult to get a drink or a refill, and a condescending atmosphere.

The last time there, I ordered a medium rare steak, and it came literally raw. When I sent it back, it was over 45 minutes later before it was returned, and it was no longer raw, but had long passed the medium rare stage to become a piece of overcooked leather. By then, the rest of my party was long finished with dinner. No apology or adjustment to the check. Waiter disappeared at that point, and waited 45 minutes to catch him again.

We asked to see the manager, and after waiting in vain for about twenty minutes, we finally gave up and chalked it up to experience.

We eaten there quite a few times and except for DH's steak last time, it's been fantastic. We even had our wedding reception there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter