• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yachtsman Steakhouse vs Le Cellier...

Megara84

Earning My Ears
Would love your thoughts on this, please.

We're starting to consider ADRs for our October trip and both love steak so want to go to either YS or LC. Unfortunately we can't do both though so I thought I'd see what's the most popular among those who have already been.

Thanks!

haven't been at either in a very long time, but recent reviews i've seen have put the yachtsman above le cellier...

We've never had a bad experience at Yachtsman Steakhouse whereas Le Cellier has been a bit more hit or miss. I'd also suggest that YS makes for a more special experience - the atmosphere is calmer and the tables are less cramped.

We've never had a bad experience at Yachtsman Steakhouse whereas Le Cellier has been a bit more hit or miss. I'd also suggest that YS makes for a more special experience - the atmosphere is calmer and the tables are less cramped.

That's so helpful, thanks! Think we'll definitely go for the Yachtsman Steakhouse then.

YS all day long. The staff are much more knowledgeable, it's alot more relaxed that Le Cellier too. Ask for David from Ohio as your server, he makes selecting a steak alot easier.

Agree with the general reviews above. We much preferred Yachtsman over Le Cellier. To be honest, we found Le Cellier to be typical of a theme park dining experience (albeit good food). By that, I mean, not worthy of a signature, as it was very crowded and loud, we felt very much like 'just another table', it was quite a forgettable experience. Get in, have dinner and leave. It was also quite chaotic when we went in October.

Yachtsman was a completely different experience and much more typical of a signature restaurant that you'd quite happily put on some nice clothes for - quieter, more space, a slower pace of service, more individual attention from your server, etc. Would I go back to Le Cellier? Yes, if I want to eat something and I don't want to leave Epcot, for sure. In terms of which I rate higher - easily the Yachtsman.

Hope that helps :)

Hands down, Yachtsman. Last time we went to LeCellier it was really bad. Granted, that was before it was a signature, 2-credit meal. Maybe it's better now, but I won't be going back to find out. Yachtsman is delicious with great service.

I have never been to the Yachtsman, but I had dinner at Le Cellier last week. The ambiance is fine, the service was great, but my rib eye... absolutely terrible. Honestly, it was the worst steak I have ever had at a steakhouse. The small prime rib at Boatwrights was much better (thats not saying much.)

My wife said her fillet was good however. I would say Le Cellier is not worth the money or 2 dining credits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter