Yachtsman Steakhouse questions

IncredibleboysMom

DIS Veteran
What is the best steak at the Yachtsman?

What might be the best steak for sharing with my 10 year old? He has just decided he likes steak, but is not a big eater. If I get a soup or salad, I think he and I could easily share.

Finally, how are the non-beef entrees? My 12 year old is very picky and doesn't really like beef anyway, but is eating a lot right now. Any reviews of the chicken there?

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure your 10 year old can eat from the kid's menu and get a reasonably priced, not so large steak.

I really love their Filet but honestly all of their cuts are great. As far as sharing again this is all personal preference as far as what type of cut you both like.

For the non-beef eaters i think you will be fine going there. Their menu is well rounded and your 12 yo should be able to find something.

I haven't had the chicken so I can't comment.

There's a kids meal that's a steak skewer and mashed potatoes at Yatchsman's that is good if you wanted to get him a smaller meal for himself.

I typically get the NY strip there - love the peppercorn brandy sauce. It's absolutely large enough to share IMHO. I also love the filet but that's a bit on the small side to share.

There are larger steaks but I haven't ordered them - a 16 oz steak is just way more than I can eat in one sitting.

One thing that helps when sharing with kids is that you can order any potato with any steak.

What is the best steak at the Yachtsman?.....

Just a personal opinion - the BEST steak would be the one next door at Shula's :). Sandy and I go to both on a regular basis.... and I know someone is going to hit us with "dry aged" vs "wet aged". I would just encourage you to give the restaurant (literally) next door a shot :).

Just a personal opinion - the BEST steak would be the one next door at Shula's :). Sandy and I go to both on a regular basis.... and I know someone is going to hit us with "dry aged" vs "wet aged". I would just encourage you to give the restaurant (literally) next door a shot :).

I agree with you but so many on here are using the Disney Dining Plan. If this is the case with the OP then I'd say Yachtsman and if OOP then Shula's. :goodvibes

Eh Shulu's is overrated IMO. I'm originally from Miami so I used to eat at the S FL location every other week.

When the executive chef is their I would put Yachtsmen's Filet with a side of their black truffle pasta against Shulu's any day. In all honesty you can't go wrong with either.

Only S/D restaurants that blow other Disney locations out of the water are Bluezoo and Kimonos.

Eh Shulu's is overrated IMO. I'm originally from Miami so I used to eat at the S FL location every other week.

When the executive chef is their I would put Yachtsmen's Filet with a side of their black truffle pasta against Shulu's any day. In all honesty you can't go wrong with either.

Only S/D restaurants that blow other Disney locations out of the water are Bluezoo and Kimonos.

Yesssssssss.
Shula's IS over-rated in terms of the meal. At home, we have Del Frisco's, Ruth Chris, Barclay Prime, Butcher & Singer, etc. that have set the bar for steakhouses.
It is the nicest steakhouse on property with the best service on property. As for food, these blow out amazing reviews are hyped up. I've had an over-cooked steak from medium rare at Shula's that had to be fixed while everyone else ate and bland sides, while having a perfectly cooked steak at Le Cellier of all places lol. Atmosphere and service the winner is Shula's for the overall, but the food reviews...nothing OMG like the reviews depict.

Last edited:
I'll avoid the wet/dry controversy. Instead I'd encourage you to try Bull & Bear at the Waldorf Astoria.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter