Yachtsman Steakhouse or Shula's?

brunette8706

DIS Veteran
Hi All!

Can anyone recommend which steakhouse is better? I do have the Tables in Wonderland 20 percent off discount for the Yachtman Steakhouse but was wondering if Shula's was better.

What do you all recommend?

Thanks so much!

They are both great. Some like Shula's better and some like Yachtsman better. You really can't go wrong with either one.

Everyone I know raves about Shula's. I enjoy Yachtsman, but am excited to try Shula's next ime!

I like Yachtsman because of the my 20 percent discount, but I have to pay 18 percent gratuity :confused3. According to the photo's of Shula's the atmosphere, looks nicer, and steaks look better. Is my assumption correct? LOL! Of course Shula's is much more expensive!

Another Dis'er just asked this same question yesterday, and I have provided the thread here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2146217

I have tried both places Shula's (WDW and NYC) and Yachtsman Steakhouse. I think that Shula's all around is absolutely top notch from the service, decor, food, etc. The surf and turf (2lb lobster actually half of 4lb they cut down middle, and filet mignon) was absolutely the best I have ever had. The steaks are extremely tender, although filet mignon should be tender, I found the filet mignon to be a little tough at Yachtsman steakhouse. The Shula's wait staff will bring a cart over to your table, and they will explain to you the different cuts of meats they have before you order. The lobster bisque I got was really good, and there was only one other restaurant I liked the lobster bisque, unfortunately I cannot remember the other restaurant. They have a great chocolate molten lava cake that you have to give them a 45 minute heads up on. Menu's always change but both Shula's locations I have been to WDW and NYC have been identical...So service/food quality/etc does not change from restaurant to restaurant. If your on a budget and really need the 20% discount I would recommend probably just going over to Yachstman Steakhouse for dinner, its pretty good but just does not match Shula's in my opinion.

I have tried three more high end steak restaurants (1) Shula's (2) Ruth's Chris and (3) Yachtsman Steakhouse....and I would honestly recommend them in that order also. I absolutely love my steaks!!! Also, If you really are basing your decision on others opinions try to get other dis'er opinions who have tried both restaurants...This way they can provide you a pretty good feedback or review of their experiences. Have just seen too many people go only to "Shula's" or "Yachtsman Steakhouse", and state that restaurant is more better without trying the other one...Either way have a great trip!!!

Haven't tried Yachtsman's yet, but I can comment on Shula's. Before I do, I would just say that despite the auto gratuity on your TIW card, you would leave a tip anyway, so you are still getting 20% off. If you would have left less than 18% than your discount is not quite 20% and if you normally would leave more than 18% than your discount is actually a little more. Either way, it is a discount.

OK - on to the food. We have been to Shula's at WDW (and Shula's 347 in Providence - very different) and we loved it. The steaks were great (although I could do without the raw meat presentation) and DW says it was the best chicken she has had in a long time. Service is very efficient, hashbrown potato is a must have, and I liked the basil shrimp app (not sure they still have that). I think Shula's is overlooked a lot b/c it is in the Dolphin, but it is definitely a great choice and worth the trip over there. Oh, and have dessert at the Fountain if you don't have it at Shula's. LOVE the fountain!!!

IMHO:
Shula's is better quality, but the TIW 20% makes it a toss-up between the two.

Shula's is better all around but also more expensive (esp. if you have the TIW card). However, YS was really good too, so it's not a bad choice by any means. Shula's is just better.

Hi All!

Can anyone recommend which steakhouse is better? I do have the Tables in Wonderland 20 percent off discount for the Yachtman Steakhouse but was wondering if Shula's was better.

What do you all recommend?

Thanks so much!

Both are wonderful but Shula's was a bit better then Yachtsman. Shula's had better appetizers and side dishes

Nice to read these! We've beed to Yachtsman before, and it was quite good, but we booked at Shula's this time to try it out. One of the things I miss the most from when we lived in Colorado is the awesome steak (it's *impossible* to get a great steak around here when you've been 'educated' on good steak :thumbsup2 )

WOW! Loved reading all the in-depth replies! I think I made my mind up based on everyone's synopsis of each restaurant!

SHULA's IT IS!:thumbsup2

Thanks again!

Brunette

Both are very good but I think Shula's is better. We've had fantastic service at Shula's every time we've been there. Not the case at YSH (not bad but not as good as Shula's).

Wow this makes me a little scared to try the Yachtsman since we weren't that crazy about Shula's. The steak was good kind of like Ruth's Cris if you've been there. We did not care for any of the side dishes or side salads. Happy eating anyway.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter