Yachtsman Steakhouse or Flying Fish

Disneytrip

Mouseketeer
My husband and I are staying at the Swan. We were wondering if it is worth the price to have dinner at the Yachtsman Steakhouse? We usually don't like spending more than 15-18.00 per person for an entree, but he does like a good steak. Is Flying Fish worth the price as well? Thank you.

Our top 2 meals in August were at Yachtsman and Flying Fish. (We were at WDW for 16 nights and had a total of 23 ADRs, so we had a lot of meals! :rotfl2: )

We felt like the food and service at both places was well worth the price.

That is a tought one, both are wonderful places to eat! I think I like the diversification of Flying Fish more then Yatchsman, but I think I like the meats better at Yatchsman.

We usually don't like spending more than 15-18.00 per person for an entree, but he does like a good steak.

I know its possible to do at Disney, but its REALLY hard to stay at that price point on property for an entree.

Both are great. If choosing just one, however, Flying Fish, wins.

Enjoy,
FunFamily

Both are great restaurants and you can't go wrong for the food, service or ambience at either one. However, you won't be able to make your $15 - $18 price point at either one, so if that is really an issue, you may want to find somewhere else.

I love Flying Fish! Very expensive though, I think my entree alone was $36 and that was average. Salad was an additional $12 or $15. We sat at the Chef's Bar which overlooks the kitchen - tons of fun if it's just 2 of you.

DW and I love both; Yachtsman for steak and Flying Fish for seafood. Can't go wrong at either but they do take lots of $$$$.

DH said his steak at FF was sooo much better than at the Yachtsman. I have reviews of FF in my Oct link and of the Yachtsman in my April link....both have pics

We like both but if we could only do one of the two, we would pick FF.

Hands down Yachtsman Steakhouse. I'm not even really a big steak person, but their meat and presentation and side dishes turn me into one while there! As for Flying Fish, we went one a few years ago and didn't like the atmosphere and thought the food was just average, whereas Yachtsman has become a tradition for us, saved as our restaurant of choice for dinner on our last night for 13 years. To give you and idea of our tastes in WDW, the other restaurants we do on every trip are: California Grill, Artist Point, Narcoossee's, Il Mulino NY Trattoria, Todd English's Bluezoo, Wolfgang Puck (formal dining room upstairs/not cafe), and on special trips, Victoria and Albert's.

yachtsman, not worth the price if you are used to good steak.

Flying Fish is worth it, and they also have one of the best steaks on disney property.

WDW Princess- we've been to California Grill and loved it, and Il Mulino is one of our favorites at the Swan (as well as Kimonos). We can certainly splurge for a couple of nice meals, so in hopes of trying something new that is why I am investigating FF and Yachtsman. The idea of sitting at the counter at FF sounds fun, but Yachtsman seems to be getting good reviews, too. What did you think of Il Mulino..were you there when it was Palios (which was a little more affordable)?

MickeyNicki thanks for the reviews..incredible. wish i didn't have dial up internet, otherwise I would spend the whole evening reading these reviews! Flying Fish looks delicious!

We went to the Flying Fish and sat at the chef's counter. The food was great and the service was amazing. The chef's counter was a lot of fun since you get to watch the kitchen and interact with the chefs.

WDW Princess- we've been to California Grill and loved it, and Il Mulino is one of our favorites at the Swan (as well as Kimonos). We can certainly splurge for a couple of nice meals, so in hopes of trying something new that is why I am investigating FF and Yachtsman. The idea of sitting at the counter at FF sounds fun, but Yachtsman seems to be getting good reviews, too. What did you think of Il Mulino..were you there when it was Palios (which was a little more affordable)?

My family and I LOVED Il Mulino...we did go once when it was Palio's and weren't that impressed, whereas Il Mulino really got us. I think it was the menu that I loved the most, since there were several items on it that I've never seen in US restaurants, only when I studied abroad in Rome in college! And, we are so psyched that an Il Mulino has just opened in Atlantic City, NJ (about 20 mins from us) so we hope to enjoy it regularly around here if its anything like the WDW one!

Regarding FF and Yachtsman, like I said we didn't care for FF but that was a few years ago and since many have been recommending it here, maybe it has improved and is worth a try now. We won't be going on our next 7 night trip in May since we already have our 7 restaurants we know we love lined up, but maybe in the future we'll try it again. As far as Yachtsman, the steak is good and as I've said, we've gone for 13 years, so go figure. You'll probably enjoy either restaurant!

We really like both restaurants. If you're in the mood for fish I would dine at the Flying Fish. If it's steak you want, dine at the Yachtsman Steakhouse. Rating both just as a restaurant, we prefer the Flying Fish.

FF would be our choice--we try to sit at the bar, or at least the Chef's counter.
We did Palio a # of times and have been to Il MUlino twice. Food-wise I'd say they were pretty close to each other--

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter