Yachtsman Steakhouse as our last meal at WDW

flower72

Mouseketeer
I have Yachtsman Steakhouse as our final evening meal at WDW before we head to EPCOT to see Illuminations one last time. I have gone back and forth about this one, especially since it will be just me and my 2 girls (6 and 7) but we love steak!

Your thougths? Did you enjoy eating here?

Yachtsman is one of our favourite restaurants. DD8 loves steak and she loved it there. Plus you are close to Epcot for Illuminations afterwards.

This is one our favorite restaurants and must do's every trip. We usually save it for our last night!:yay: Enjoy!!

I've read very good things about YS, but when I was there in Oct I had a mixed experience. My appetizer, the cheese plate, was excellent. Then came my NY Strip (45 mins later . . .), which I thought was very fatty. The sauce also had a film on it, which made me think it had been sitting under a heat lamp for a while. Nothing on the dessert menu appealed to me, which is very unusual.

I'm not blacklisting the place, but I would try Le Cellier or Shula's before I go back. That being said, it may have been an "off night", so you should give it a try.

We were very disappointed with YSH last year; the service was poor and my steak was tough but DH liked his. With two little ones I would eat in the park, some place fun :banana: Actually DD7 loved the chocolate mickey puzzle for dessert. Without knowing what else you are doing for ADRs during your stay it's hard for me to say. :confused3 But I am not anxious to try it again.

DD9 and I ate at Yachtsman Steakhouse last week and it was adequate. I wish I liked it more than I did, I really wanted to, but it was just ok.
We love trying new Signature Restaurants, and YS is one of our lasts to try. So I was kind of comparing and also had expectations since so many of our friends love it.

Service seemed rushed at first, and after the second time of saying we werent' ready to order yet (after literally 5 minutes for both times asked), all of a sudden we had a different server, no explanation.

I am on medication and as much as I would have loved to have had some wine, as soon as I said I would not be ordering wine or drinks, water only, the mood of the server most certainly changed. Besides, I'm alone with my 9yr old DD, how much am I really going to drink anyway?

DD ordered pasta off the kids menu, there was a teaspoon, literally of sauce on it. When asked for more, we received it 15 minutes later. The pasta was cold by then and DD filled up on bread by that point. (The popover type rolls were delicious...the other rolls were dry and not as nearly as good as other Signature restaurant breads.)

My filet was good....good, not extraordinary for the price. It needed more sauce. The mashed potatoes were delicious.

The server came by and commented to my DD she didn't eat her meal...no dessert if she didn't eat her meal. Even though she was kidding, it wasn't appreciated. DD ordered the Mickey puzzle. Cute, but the paints don't really paint. You're paying for the experience on this one, not the deliciousness of the dessert.

The server gave us some complimentary warm miniature lemon madelaines and they were delicious...

The bill came and DD ordered a Shirley Temple which was $3.99. A child's drink is supposed to be included in the meal. It was not...When I asked the server, I was told it was a bar drink, not a regular soft drink. First off, there were no cherries, just the grenedine. California Grill always includes the Shirley Temple as a kids' drink, so I was a little put off by an extra $4.00 for the cherry juice to be added to Sprite.

Lastly, YS was not a cozy, intimate place to dine. It was loud with lots of scraming (literally) children and babies. I personally did not really have a problem with it, but could see a lot of diners were irritated.

So...it was a decent dinner...nice time with DD, good food, not great. I probably would not pick to dine there again, there are other Signatures we like better. If I weren't so stubborn with checking all the Signatures off my list, I really did wish we went to Shulas for the money for good meat, or stuck with some places that we like in Epcot.
Worth a try...everyone's experiences are different!

We eat at YSH sometimes because we usually stay at an Epcot area resort. It's not nearly as good as Shulas but it's more kid friendly. I rank it in the middle of the pack of Disney's signatures.

The filet is not bad but I have been underwhelmed with the New York, Ribeye and Porterhouse.

Maybe it's just me but for the prices of the Yachtsmen Steakhouse, I want an awesome meal :rolleyes1

Dined at both Yachtsman and Flying Fish last May. YS porterhouse was OK. NY strip at FF was excellent! Better dessert too. Have fun whichever you choose!!

We steered clear of Yachtsman for a few years because of a mediocre experience. Last May, however, we gave them another try and it was fantastic. I did a full review of the experience here if it helps...

We have dined at The Yachtsman as our "last-night" meal, several times, & have NEVER been disappointed. :thumbsup2

I've read very good things about YS, but when I was there in Oct I had a mixed experience. My appetizer, the cheese plate, was excellent. Then came my NY Strip (45 mins later . . .), which I thought was very fatty. The sauce also had a film on it, which made me think it had been sitting under a heat lamp for a while. Nothing on the dessert menu appealed to me, which is very unusual.

We were very disappointed with YSH last year; the service was poor and my steak was tough but DH liked his.

DD9 and I ate at Yachtsman Steakhouse last week and it was adequate. I wish I liked it more than I did, I really wanted to, but it was just ok.

I'm so glad to read these reviews, because I thought I was CRAZY!

I too really wanted to love YSH. But my server kept disappearing. The steak was OK, but for the price I wanted it to be great.

I am a creamed spinach sucker. I order it when ever I see it on a menu, Their creamed spinach tasted like a salt lick.

At the end of the meal the server brought a desert menu for us to look at. Truthfully, none of the deserts appealed to us.

Big, huge,massive,large,enormous,gigantic :thumbsup2 for YSH. We too saved this for our last meal and it was a big success. I was initially worried about fussy eater DS(9), but this is where he discovered STEAK, not just any steak, but fillet steak, (expensive discovery). Our server Oscar was the star of the trip, making both kids feel right at home, going above and beyond the call of duty, so much so when we got home i emailed the YC and told them so.
I would do YSH again in a heartbeat. At the end of the day if you ask enough people you'll find negative about everything. Go on, give it a try:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter