• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yachtman's Chateaubriand?

You can change sauces and ask for any others that they have on the menu - just tell your server when you place your order. I always ask for mine on the side.

Great! Thanks! I know Disney restaurant are very good about substituting, but I just wanted to check. :goodvibes

We had the Chateaubriand last night. It was not on the menu, but our server was nice enough to ask the chef if it was available and it was. It is our third time having this savory delight. It was served with a sauce, but frankly, it did not need any sauce of any sort. It was pure deliciousness.

We didn't end up having it last week (also not on the menu), but hubby had the Wagyu and I had the filet mignon, and both were THE TOPS! YUM! My filet was like a little pillow--I could have slept on it it was so tender!

We had the Chateaubriand last night. It was not on the menu, but our server was nice enough to ask the chef if it was available and it was. It is our third time having this savory delight. It was served with a sauce, but frankly, it did not need any sauce of any sort. It was pure deliciousness.

We didn't end up having it last week (also not on the menu), but hubby had the Wagyu and I had the filet mignon, and both were THE TOPS! YUM! My filet was like a little pillow--I could have slept on it it was so tender!

Thanks for checking back in!!

I think I am going to stop by the restaurant a day or two before we eat at YSH and make the request.

Were the Wagyu and filet oak grilled? I can't eat things that are smoked or grilled over wood.

Thanks!

I understand that all the beef is done on the oak-fired grill, so I assumed it was. I wonder if there is anther way they can prepare it for you, given that not everything they cook can possibly be made on that grill. There is likely other options I would think.

Drooling even now.

In other news, I did not like the mushrooms. I thought they were waaaay oversauced. But the cheese plate was delightful--a good portion for sampling without overwhelming you.

I understand that all the beef is done on the oak-fired grill, so I assumed it was. I wonder if there is anther way they can prepare it for you, given that not everything they cook can possibly be made on that grill. There is likely other options I would think.

Drooling even now.

In other news, I did not like the mushrooms. I thought they were waaaay oversauced. But the cheese plate was delightful--a good portion for sampling without overwhelming you.

I know that the chateaubriand is not grilled (one of the many reasons we order it) ... I suspect they will be able to pan fry/sear the filet for me. If not I will go another route and drool over DH's and DD's filets (of course I am the one who CRAVES red meat).

I agree on the mushrooms ... way too much of garlic and cab sauce. I usually ask if they can substitute a green veggie for me and they always do ...

Boy do I sound like I am high maintenance :lmao: No comments from those of you who know me in RL:lmao:

Thanks for checking back in!!

I think I am going to stop by the restaurant a day or two before we eat at YSH and make the request.

Were the Wagyu and filet oak grilled? I can't eat things that are smoked or grilled over wood.

Thanks!

Just explain to the server that you can't have your meat grilled or have them ask the Chef to come to your table and they can cook your meat so you can enjoy it.

Have a great trip!!

Chateau has been off the Yachtsman menu since Oct 1st. Unless a guest requests it.

Just explain to the server that you can't have your meat grilled or have them ask the Chef to come to your table and they can cook your meat so you can enjoy it.

Have a great trip!!

Thanks Tink:thumbsup2

I have some food allergies and I have found that the Disney chefs are the most accommodating.

Greetings all ...

We are back in NC from our wonderful Christmas at Disney:santa:

We did have dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse on Christmas Day and no chateaubriand was not on the menu. We did have a wonderful meal thanks to our server Pam who sent over Chef Wes who went over my request for a filet (which was on the menu) to be seared and then finished in the oven and served with bernaise.

I also spotted Tink901's fiance ... and I outed myself as one of those crazy DISers. He was very sweet ... and helpful.

DH and I had stopped at Yachtsman's two days before Christmas around 8:45 p.m. to see if we could make a request for chateaubriand. While the hostess wasn't very helpful we did spot one of our favorite bar servers, Kim, who went directly to the manager on duty to see if we could be accommodated. We really appreciated her effort to find out as much as she could for us:wizard:

We had yet another wonderful dinner at Yachtsman and look forward to returning their for our 25th wedding anniversary in June:love:

Greetings all ...

We are back in NC from our wonderful Christmas at Disney:santa:

We did have dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse on Christmas Day and no chateaubriand was not on the menu. We did have a wonderful meal thanks to our server Pam who sent over Chef Wes who went over my request for a filet (which was on the menu) to be seared and then finished in the oven and served with bernaise.

I also spotted Tink901's fiance ... and I outed myself as one of those crazy DISers. He was very sweet ... and helpful.

DH and I had stopped at Yachtsman's two days before Christmas around 8:45 p.m. to see if we could make a request for chateaubriand. While the hostess wasn't very helpful we did spot one of our favorite bar servers, Kim, who went directly to the manager on duty to see if we could be accommodated. We really appreciated her effort to find out as much as she could for us:wizard:

We had yet another wonderful dinner at Yachtsman and look forward to returning their for our 25th wedding anniversary in June:love:

Hi Jen -

I'm glad you had a filet that you could eat. He did tell me that night that he spoke with you and your family. Hope the rest of your trip was great!!

Brenda

Hi Jen -

I'm glad you had a filet that you could eat. He did tell me that night that he spoke with you and your family. Hope the rest of your trip was great!!

Brenda

We had an incredible trip (and I am a WDW vet with 30 plus visits)!

I thought I might miss cooking Christmas Eve and Christmas Day dinner ... but I was wrong:lmao:

A belated Merry Christmas to you both as well as a happy and healthy new year!!

Best,
Jen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter