Yacht OR Beach club?

Looking at the map of the resort are all the bars in the Yacht club side and most restaurants the Beach club side?

Also I presume the two are joined inside so you can easily pass between the two.
We have stayed at both numerous times. Consider BC/YC to be one large extending building. The difference in walking isn't an issue when you are at a place like Disney World where you walk miles and miles everyday. Everything is close by. Each resort has its own restaurant with some being in between the two lobbies. You can take a long hallway inside the building most of the way between with a short exterior walkway along SAB. BC lobby is a lot busier due to people parking in the resort parking lot to go to Epcot, since the resort management look the other way. Also, Cape May Café is also popular. Select one of these two resorts based upon the theme and room category. BC a minute or two closer walk to Epcot. YC first on the bus route. Where a bar or restaurant is located on YC/BC is not an issue. Things are close. Cape May Café right off the BC lobby. Beaches & Crème accessed from outside walkway next to SAB. All YC restaurants access from inside with a lounge next to the steakhouse and one by the lobby. It very easy to get to everything...even the Boardwalk and Epcot WS. Think about Park Hoppers and snack and meals any day within Epcot is a easy walk.

We are in the Beach Club with a water view room!

Thanks for all your views.
(Only about 300 days to wait now!)

Does anyone know when the YC rooms will be started or finished on its renovation?

Having passed by and even through the Yacht and Beach club on occasions we are finally looking at staying there for a few days!

The question is which should we go for? Yacht or Beach?

Is there a difference? (apart from the colour of the bed sheets?)

Any opinions welcome as we cannot decide!

Request to stay near the BC quiet pool. Short easy walk to EPCOT. BC and YC are one spread out resort. The YC is closer to the boat launch to DHS, but is a much longer walk to EPCOT.

We've only stayed at the YC, and we chose that because BC wasn't available with our pin....We loved it! Personally we enjoyed a quieter lobby, and all of the amenities are close. We didn't want the CS food option anyway as when we stayed at the resort pool we ate outside. Fantastic! We had some issues and the staff members were great helping us try to resolve ( not resort related- water delivery issue.) We loved our room and had a lot of fun at the pool. My only gripe was the ridiculous set up with the pool slide. Children need to leave the pool area, cross a very busy walkway, and go completely out of sight to enter the slide! :crazy2:

I agree with the slide setup! Especially because you pass a "public" walkway. They guard the pool area like gold to prevent people from pool hopping, so it would be nice if there was a bridge to the slide. I remember having to walk my son back and forth from the pool to the slide because I was always an uber paranoid mom when he was little.

Yes~ and I saw a little kid ( around 8-9) get hit with a surrey bike! Due to the setup you don't even really know if your kids make it over to the slide until then land in the pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter