Yacht Club

burt1ok

Earning My Ears
Does anyone have any idea why it is so difficult to get rooms at the Yacht Club this summer? We have tried all the way out to Late October with no luck. We booked at the Beach Club which is good, but it has been impossible to get into the Yacht Club. Just wondering.

I think the Summer special had better rates at the Yacht Club, 35% off vs. 25% at the Beach Club. I'm sure that had a lot to do with it.

we had a Yacht Club ressie for June 27 and had to move it to Beach Club to move our dates. I keep trolling hoping I'll get lucky and be able to switch at the last minute

Because it's the best! :thumbsup2

Duh.

Seriously though...I'd guess between conventions and a GREAT discount available, it's just super booked up!

Good luck finding a room!:sail:

That's weird. We got a reservation for late Sept - early Oct. very easily yesterday. The rate was great! It will be our first stay there.

Good luck!

I have them for July.. My boss just made them for the same time.. Try playing with the dates Monday to Friday or Tuesday to Saturday,,, last year, I had to do that

I've always had to call and call and call when getting a room there or requesting a change in room type. But I've always been successful. You must persevere! :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

I'm assuming that because of the convention aspect of this resort, you will have less cancellations, as most conventions are booked well in advance and companies generally do not cancel their conventions. This would make it just a tad more difficult to jump on a room that someone else had cancelled. Just a thought.

It's a great resort! We loved it. :lovestruc Stayed there last year.

Our dates are firm, September 13-20 but I haven't been able to get the YC either. I got BC which is fine, but I would have preferred YC. Don't know why it seems there is absolutely no availability.

I think they are going into an extensive rehab starting this summer. If so they will most likely close one floor at a time. This will certainly effect the number of rooms avalible.

I think they are going into an extensive rehab starting this summer. If so they will most likely close one floor at a time. This will certainly effect the number of rooms avalible.

they are starting with BC first

I was at YC a few weeks ago and the front desk manager happened to mention that the resort was fully booked through the end of July (at that point), so it could just be a popularity thing.

But...as of last week, I had 5 days booked at YC in August under the summer discount. I wanted to add a 6th night. I called WDW a few times and they kept telling me it wasn't possible, that the resort was fully booked. I didn't understand, because when I searched for just that one night on the website, it came up as available (rack rate and summer discount).

So I booked the one extra night online, with the summer discount, then called WDW to ask if there was a way to combine the reservations. No one could do this, for some reason. After speaking to 5 agents I was told that I couldn't book/link all 6 nights together and still get the summer discount. I could cancel the 2 reservations and then re-book the stay for the whole 6 nights, but I'd pay rack rate. They kept pushing BC on me, saying the discount was available for the whole 6 nights there.

Long story short, if you don't mind the slight possibility of changing rooms, maybe try breaking the trip into chunks and see if you can get the dates you want!

I was at YC a few weeks ago and the front desk manager happened to mention that the resort was fully booked through the end of July (at that point), so it could just be a popularity thing.

But...as of last week, I had 5 days booked at YC in August under the summer discount. I wanted to add a 6th night. I called WDW a few times and they kept telling me it wasn't possible, that the resort was fully booked. I didn't understand, because when I searched for just that one night on the website, it came up as available (rack rate and summer discount).

So I booked the one extra night online, with the summer discount, then called WDW to ask if there was a way to combine the reservations. No one could do this, for some reason. After speaking to 5 agents I was told that I couldn't book/link all 6 nights together and still get the summer discount. I could cancel the 2 reservations and then re-book the stay for the whole 6 nights, but I'd pay rack rate. They kept pushing BC on me, saying the discount was available for the whole 6 nights there.

Long story short, if you don't mind the slight possibility of changing rooms, maybe try breaking the trip into chunks and see if you can get the dates you want!
If I were guessing I would guess that the 5 night res. was a package and the 1 night for a room only - which are 2 different reservation systems but this is the type of thing that sometimes causes me to shake my head in disbelief when it comes to Disney - you have 6 nights booked all w/ the summer discount and I assume all the same view category, yet the 'system' wouldn't let you book one 6 night reservation and it cannot merge the 2 reservations into one reservation. Why is this? Reality is you have 6 nights booked at the same hotel for the same price, yet Disney's system is so convoluted that it loses sight of reality and operates somewhere in fantasy land, I guess. Presumably this will require you do the whole change MB settings check in check out etc. dance, so hopefully you will not have any predictable glitches in this regard and not waste too much of your vacation time dealing w/ this.

LaurEm378 said:

Resorts only release X-many rooms under any discount/promotion so the problem may be there are no rooms available at that discount.

It`s the same reason why the FD resorts may have availability but not necessarily under the promotion.

I did look under rack rate and it showed nothing for the Sept week the PP was looking for..that is weird for not even rack to show up available

Resorts only release X-many rooms under any discount/promotion so the problem may be there are no rooms available at that discount.

Both rooms were booked with the same promotion, though! :confused3 I'm paying the exact same rate for each night.

If I were guessing I would guess that the 5 night res. was a package and the 1 night for a room only - which are 2 different reservation systems but this is the type of thing that sometimes causes me to shake my head in disbelief when it comes to Disney - you have 6 nights booked all w/ the summer discount and I assume all the same view category, yet the 'system' wouldn't let you book one 6 night reservation and it cannot merge the 2 reservations into one reservation. Why is this?

Beats me! :rotfl: There's actually no package, even. I should have mentioned that. They're both room-only reservations! And you're right, same view category. It's a good thing I like the lobby at YC because I'll be spending double the time at the front desk! :rolleyes2. I'm hopeful they'll let me keep the same room, but who knows?

I keep checking the deal for our Aug. week because I'm considering upgrading to CL which is still available and it also still shows Garden regular room still available.
If it's Standard at a Summer deal, don't expect that one, that wasn't hardly even available at the beginning of the promo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter