Yacht Club vs Beach Club

tmills

EarningMyEars
Which resort do you prefer, the Yacht Club or Beach Club and why? We have only stayed at Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom and have not stayed at either of these resorts. It will be myself and my dh for a 3 day weekend at the end of January. I know the resorts are beside of each other, just wondering which resort people prefer. TIA!

You should read post one of the main Beach Club/Yacht Club thread. It compares both resorts
https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...questions-room-refurbs-complete-2017.3400342/

It is a matter of personal taste. The Beach Club is more causal, light and pastel colors with lots of families and action. The Yacht Club had a more formal feeling with dark woods and brass. It has a more formal feel.
They share many amenities, including the main pool Storm Along Bay which is the nicest pool on property.
We love both but prefer the theming of the Beach Club

I prefer BC only because it is more lively and closer to EP, but if it's only 2 adults, I would go with whichever is cheapest!

I've only stayed at Beach Club so far, but I don't think you'd go wrong with either. I'd go with which ever is cheapest. I have heard the Yacht Club has a more adult feel to it.

We've stayed at both. We prefer the decor and the "feel" of the BC but would stay at YC if the price were better with no regrets. Location is wonderful for an adult only stay!

WE have stayed at both many times. With the kids I liked BC because with the food plan they were closer to food to go down themselves and refill their mugs or get a snack. You will love the yacht club as well and as a couple I would go with the cheaper one.

I love the Yacht Club. It is my favorite resort at Disney. I also really enjoy Beach Club. We are happy at both resorts, but enjoy the quiet atmosphere in the lobby at YC.

A few stays at both, practically same resort, but now Yacht Club seems to have better food options and updated rooms, so we would choose Yacht Club. We also enjoy the bar in the Yacht Club more than the Beach Club.

Pretty sure it's the first bus stop too!

Just an FYI in case you're not aware that the Yacht Club now allows dogs. That would be a deal breaker for me due to allergies but may not matter to you.

If a full balcony off of your room is important, I suggest staying at the Yacht Club, as about 99% of the YC rooms have full balconies. Many guests like to sit out with their morning cup of coffee or just take a break and relax, sitting on the balcony. Only about half of the rooms at the Beach Club have full balconies, with the other half only having Juliet (standing) balconies. You can request a full balcony at the Beach Club, but it's only a request and never guaranteed.

Both resorts recently refurbished their guest rooms. As part of the refurbishments, the YC rooms had carpet replaced with wood laminate flooring, and ceiling fans were removed. Those rooms also had many of the tub/shower combos replaced with walk-in showers. The height of the new beds is about 5"-6" higher than normal, making it a little difficult for shorter guests or guests with physical challenges to get into bed.

The Beach Club still has room carpet, ceiling fans, and mostly tub/shower set-up.

The walk to Epcot takes about 5 minutes from the BC and only a few minutes more from the YC. The Friendship boats, which can take you to Epcot, the Boardwalk, Swan/Dolphin and Hollywood Studios, are closer to the Yacht Club.

The recreation, shops, and restaurants are shared by both resorts.

Which resort do you prefer, the Yacht Club or Beach Club and why? We have only stayed at Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom and have not stayed at either of these resorts. It will be myself and my dh for a 3 day weekend at the end of January. I know the resorts are beside of each other, just wondering which resort people prefer. TIA!
Since people can now bring dogs to stay with them at Yacht Club, I recommend staying at Beach Club.

It is personal preference, however, our favorite hotel is YC and our stay there is what prompted us to purchase into DVC. The only downside of the YC, used be the lack of a marketplace or quickservice area, which one had to walk to the BC marketplace. Now YC has their own marketplace, but....they lost their wonderful gift shop which is upsetting, as they had one of the best giftshops - one could find things there that was not at the other shops.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter