Yacht Club vs Animal Kingdom Lodge - need advice

coinkc

<font color=red>You can find some hot dates at Six
Need some advice! We usually stay Value Resorts but are splurging this time as my daughter is doing the college program and gets a lovely discount!

Yacht Club standard view room vs. Animal Kingdom Lodge pool view (savannah is not available)

We are two adults and won't be using the pool. I like the idea of AKL lodge better but my daughter works at Epcot so the convenience of the Yacht Club is pulling at me. Yacht Club just looks so stuffy to me.

Yacht Club is $30/night cheaper too....

Thoughts/suggestions??? Any advice is welcome and appreciated!

Need some advice! We usually stay Value Resorts but are splurging this time as my daughter is doing the college program and gets a lovely discount!

Yacht Club standard view room vs. Animal Kingdom Lodge pool view (savannah is not available)

We are two adults and won't be using the pool. I like the idea of AKL lodge better but my daughter works at Epcot so the convenience of the Yacht Club is pulling at me. Yacht Club just looks so stuffy to me.

Yacht Club is $30/night cheaper too....

Thoughts/suggestions??? Any advice is welcome and appreciated!
The Yacht Club is a very nice resort. It would be very convenient for your daughter to visit from Epcot. Most people really like the fact that you can walk to two parks from the resort. ::yes::

We did a split stay at WL and AKL last December. Before the trip WL was our favorite. By the end of the trip we'd wished we spent the whole time at AKL. So perfect! Our goal at one time was to try each resort. A couple of years ago we decided to check out all the Epcot resorts after dining at Beaches and Cream. We really liked the Boardwalk. We thought the Beach Club was fine. We walked into the Yacht Club lobby and we immediately felt out of place and said we can cross that one off our to-do list. Just not for us. I don't even feel that way in the Grand Floridian.

It's a tough choice.

I think every Disney fan should try a stay at AKL, it's such a unique, wonderful experience.

Yacht Club seems to cater to an older demographic than most WDW resorts (based on the clothing available in the shop), but I still found it very friendly and warm, with a great location and would very gladly stay there again.

AKL is lovely, but, in terms of convenience to two parks and a ton of recreation and dining options, YC is really amazing. You will also get a bigger room. It's unheard of that YC is cheaper than AKL, so you are getting a good deal as well. Yes, YC comes off as a little more stuffy (the theming is definitely better at AKL) and it is a convention resort, but location and amenities really can't be beat.

Something to consider is the refurbishment going on at the Yacht Club.
I was also considering between the YC and AKL and decided on the AKL.
Mainly because of the refurbishment but also on the decor.

Something to consider is the refurbishment going on at the Yacht Club.
I was also considering between the YC and AKL and decided on the AKL.
Mainly because of the refurbishment but also on the decor.

The Yacht Club refurb is scheduled to start in January so depending on when OP is going, it might not be a factor.

I guess for me the main reason for the trip would be to see my daughter and spend time with her and anything that would make that easier would be my first priority so I'd be at the Yacht Club. AKL isn't going anywhere.

I think that my choice would depend on my daughters schedule. If she is going to be working for much of the time you will be there, I would choose the YC. That makes visiting her and meeting her either before or after work much easier.

I have never stayed at the YC< the BC is my choice between the two resorts, but if it was convenient and available, then that would seal the deal.

Now, if you have never stayed at AKL, and if you woudl still be able to manage visiting your daughter, I woudl absolutely stay there. It is gorgeous, and is a vacation within a vacation. I never found travel a hardship, but some people feel it is remote. If you do not think the location woudl impact your visits, this is an opportunity I would choose.

I think that my choice would depend on my daughters schedule. If she is going to be working for much of the time you will be there, I would choose the YC. That makes visiting her and meeting her either before or after work much easier.

I have never stayed at the YC< the BC is my choice between the two resorts, but if it was convenient and available, then that would seal the deal.

Now, if you have never stayed at AKL, and if you woudl still be able to manage visiting your daughter, I woudl absolutely stay there. It is gorgeous, and is a vacation within a vacation. I never found travel a hardship, but some people feel it is remote. If you do not think the location woudl impact your visits, this is an opportunity I would choose.

I agree. YC would be the best choice for convenience, but AKL wins out (for me) as far as theme/decor/atmosphere. We are also ones who have never found the transportation to be a problem. I do think AKL is a little isolated, but that's one of the things I love most about it. Like mentioned above, it's a vacation within a vacation.

There is probably no right answers; both are awesome. YC is such a great location, especially if your daughter is working there. Every where you go at AKL you need to take a bus or drive, so that is a big negative to me. The theming at AKL is very dark in the rooms. We've stayed there a couple of times, and although we love the theming and the animals, I would put YC at the top of my list. There is so much to do within walking distance of the resort.

Yacht Club. We prefer the dining options and the convenience to the parks. AKL was cool but part of what we enjoyed was the savannah view, which you'd be missing out on.

Yacht Club. We prefer the dining options and the convenience to the parks. AKL was cool but part of what we enjoyed was the savannah view, which you'd be missing out on.

I definitely agree here. While we enjoyed our stay at AKL, you really can't beat the location of the YC!!

YC wins for location...location...location. There is a refurb starting (supposedly in January), but they only do a few rooms (maybe 5-8) at a time...and there are roughly 5-600 rooms at YC, so you should hardly be bothered. If the thought of refurb bothers you, go with AKL...which is also a lovely resort.

I've stayed at both multiple times. And like both a lot, for different reasons.
W/ the YC access to Epcot through the IG is so nice, especially as an exit after Illuminations, plus it's so handy to all of those great restaurants/QS places in the countries in Epcot. I like the ambiance at the YC, to me it's calm/serene which I prefer over the frenzy in the BC lobby or the bustle over at the BW. Plus, unlike the BW, all the YC rooms have full balconies. The stroll along the water is lovely. YC is close to the friendship boat pier as well. The rooms are larger that those at AKL.
AKL is a bit removed from all parks except AK. The lobby is gorgeous. Unlike the YC, there's QS at the lodge. If you are an animal geek (as I am) then it's extra special to spend time watching the animals on the savanna.
For this trip since YC is cheaper and you don't have the choice of a savanna view at AKL, I'd opt for YC.

Since you can't get a savanna room I would go with YC. Plus, once she gets off work she is much closer to you for any activities you have planned. Oh plus it's cheaper...fantastic!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter