Yacht Club Standard or Beach Club Villa

farmermom

Earning My Ears
We're looking at taking our first no kids trip in April 2016 and have narrowed it down to these two. So which would be best for a 4 day weekend for an adult couple? Thanks!

I the choice is between a one bedroom villa at the BCV or a resort room at the YC, then I would take the 1br villa for the amenities. It has a king bed, a full kitchen, etc. But if the choice was between a studio at the BCV or the YC, then I would take the YC. A studio is not as nice as a regular resort room, IMO. It has a queen bed and a sofa sleeper rather than two queens. And the furnishings are not quite as nice in a studio.

They are both fantastic! If you want to be closer to EP, choose BCV (we like the woods view side). If you want a quieter resort, choose YC. Honestly, I love them both and don't think you can go wrong with either, so I would choose the one that's least expensive. BCV will have a full coffee pot and not the pod coffee makers if that makes any difference (we like the big coffee maker LOL!)

IMHO, I wouldn't book a 1-bedroom if it's just a couple. It's too much space for us and I never use the kitchen (just the coffee maker!). We like the studios with only 2 people. I actually prefer to have one bed and then a couch to sit on during the day. The sq. footage of both rooms is about the same (BCV studio 365 sq. ft., YC standard 380 sq. ft.), but with the sleeper sofa instead of a bed, the studio feels bigger to me

Since it would be just 2 of us, we would do the Studio at BCV.

As an added question: Does anyone know why Yacht Club would show only Club Level availability for a weekend in April after Easter? Seems odd to me...

Since it would be just 2 of us, we would do the Studio at BCV.

As an added question: Does anyone know why Yacht Club would show only Club Level availability for a weekend in April after Easter? Seems odd to me...
Could be a conference that is causing the lack of availability.

I agree with taking a YC room. I don't think the BCV decor is as nice. And at YC your closer to pool, bus, boat dock etc.

We stayed in the BCV when we went as a family and truly enjoyed them. It was great to have the extra
room and the larger bathroom and shower and kitchen. Once we started going regularly just us and our daughter and son-in-law
we switched to 2 rooms at the BC. (daughter in law and youngest DD's boyfriend are not Disney lovers o_O:headache:)
We love the BC too! For just 2, I would pick a regular room but you can't go wrong either way!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter