• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yacht Club ?'s

jmkst58

DIS Veteran
I'll be checking in to the YC in a few days and I've never stayed there.

#1- Do all the rooms have full balconies? We stayed at the Beach Club last July- & while i loved our view- our balcony was one of those tiny ones that you could only stand on.

#2- We have a water view room reserved. I was thinking of asking for either a good view or closest walk to the lobby but as I've never stayed- I can't even imagine which would be better to request. Maybe none of the rooms is a far walk? Or that all water views are really great? Our Beach Club rooms really was quite a walk from the elevator. Is this possible at the Yacht club too?

#3- my DH is afraid of the slide at SAB. lol. he heard that the slide was enclosed & he said he heard it was a small opening. lol. He's a medium sized guy- does he have any reason to worry about getting stuck? lol

Thanks SO MUCH for any help.

PS- very Mery Christmas to you all!!

I believe there are very few rooms without a full balcony at YC.

Our favorite waterview room at YC was directly facing the lake and Boardwalk. It was by the inside laundry room and there was a side exit just a few steps away. It was great because you didn't have to go through the lobby all the time.

I don't think your DH will have any worries about getting stick in the slide. Only a small portion is enclosed and would easily fit a medium sized man.

Have a wonderful time - we love YC!

Yes all rooms have a full size balcony or patio on the first floor. One of the many great things about tht yacht club, enjoy

Nope, your DH shouldn't get stuck. ;)

We loved the Yacht Club! :thumbsup2

Thanks so much for the replies!!

he just asked one more question- he wants to buy the refillable mug. where do you get those refilled at? well- where is the easiest to get it refilled? we stayed at the beach club- but only for one night and we didn't get the mug.

THANKS AGAIN!!!

We have spent our last two vacations at the YC and really love this resort. To answer your questions:

1. All of the rooms have either a balcony or patio.

2. There are water view rooms that seem REALLY far from the lobby. We had one in January - it was in the wing that is closest to the Dolphin - however - the view was amazing. We were on the second floor and there was a stairwell exit/entrance right by our room, so it was fine, but when we needed to go to the lobby, it did seem very far away. The positives of this location were the proximity to the boat dock and we were very close to the bridge over to the BW.

3. The slide does seem small - I've never been in it, so I couldn't tell you...lol

4. The cups would be refilled at the BC Marketplace. I don't think you can use them at Crew's Cup Lounge, but you could certainly ask.

Have a fantastic trip!

You can get mug refills at Hurricane Hanna's as well.:goodvibes Sometimes in the morning we were able to get refills at the Crew Cup Lounge but the drink selection was limited.

We LOVE the Yacht Club, hope you have a wonderful vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter