• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yacht Club Review

fantasia73

Mouseketeer
I just returned on Saturday from a wonderful week at the Yacht Club resort. I would highly recommend this resort to anyone travelling to WDW, but even more highly for those looking for a quiet resort. We found this resort to be the quietest of any that we visited (and we visited many).

Here's a list of pros and cons (yes, there were cons, but not many!)

Pros:
* Peaceful and quiet! We knew that there were kids staying there, but we didn't hear them and for the most part didn't see them. :D
* Location, Location, Location!!! We loved that we were so close to EPCOT and MGM. We also loved the number of restaurants that were in walking distance of our room. Most days, we walked over to the deserted Boardwalk and had lunch. We also enjoyed dinners at Spoodles and the Flying Fish.
*Excellent Service. Everything that we asked for, they graciously provided. We loved leaving for the parks in the morning and being wished a magical day from the greeter.
*Spacious and Well Appointed Room. Our room had two comfortable queen sized beds and a day bed, plenty of drawer and closet space, a nice rolling table that we used for breakfast, a nice balcony that we never got to sit on because it was too hot, dual sinks and a vanity outside of the toilet/tub area, and a tv that got a lot of stations (I love BET jazz and all of those ESPN stations!)
*Pool. We never actually made it to Storm Along Bay, but it did look really nice. :tongue: Maybe if we had been there for longer, we would have taken advantage of it, but when there's a choice between a pool and the Tower of Terror . . . there's really no choice at all!

Cons:
*Crunchy Towels. Yuck! I guess they were meant to be exfolliating :rolleyes:, but they really stunk. I think I've had better towels at the Hampton Inn.
*Coffee Maker. As you may know, they do not provide a coffee pot in your room (as every other hotel chain in America does now, including Motel 6). You need to request one, which I did. It was brought up to my room promptly with some packs of coffee and some coffee cups. The coffee was worse than what they service in the parks (which we referred to as Mickey Brew, gagging as we said it). It was so gross. Why can't Disney go all out and provide Maxwell House in-room? ::yes:: Luckily, I did bring some packets of coffee from home, so we were able to use those.

Let me know if you have any questions about this resort!!

Did you request anything special as far as the room? view? etc... Did you fax? Cro? Call? What time did you check in? Get your room?

Room location, view? Were you upgraded? Everything in working order?

Any construction? Working of SAB?

Thanks so much! Hope you had a great trip! :sunny:

Mky princess:

We reserved a standard view and weren't upgraded (and I didn't ask to be since I really didn't care too much). I had requested non-smoking and a high floor through my travel agent. We got non-smoking on the second floor (which was fine, we just didn't want to be on the ground floor). We loved the location of the room. We could go up the stairs in the lobby and our room was practically right there. We were overlooking the gazebo. Everything in the room worked great. We checked in around 5:00PM, so our room was available.

There was some construction on the end of the Yacht Club closest to the Swan and Dolphin. SAB looked like it was fine. As I said, we didn't utilize it.

Yes, we had a great trip!

How long does it take to walk to Epcot? I originally wanted BWI but couldn't get it, so we are at YC. Would the walking time be any different? How about walking to MGM? How long is the walk to the Boardwalk?

The walk from the YC to Epcot is probably about 5 minutes, I wouldn't think it would be any different from the BWI. The BWI is just on the other side of the lake from the YC. You are just steps away from the boardwalk. I believe that the area circling the lake (the boardwalk and the YC/BC areas) is about .8 miles, so everything is really close.

I believe that the walk to MGM takes about 15 - 20 minutes, depending on your pace and is a very pleasant walk.

Have fun at the YC, it is a great resort.

We LOVE YC! Location, location, location!
After our 1st stay in 2000, we thought about trying WL or GF or AKL in 2002 and this October trip, but figured why change?

I do know there is re-siding going on at YC b/c we were unable to get a room in the section of YC we wanted...

I think I did hear that they were going to start refurbishing SAB in November.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter