Yacht Club or Beach Club?

Pattymouse

Mouseketeer
We are staying in the Epcot resort area for 2 nights before moving over to the Poly for 7 more nights staying LVC.

Please let me know your experiences with either of the above resorts. We are in our early fifties and we are going just as a couple. I DO want a full balcony and a water view as we really enjoy relaxing on the balcony and people watching. I would also like to select a resort that is not in terrible need of refurbishment.

We are also very active and will be going to the parks, swimming, eating, and back to the parks again!

Looking forward to some replies!

Thank you all...

Pat

The Yacht Club has balconies with a beautiful view of the Boardwalk Inn. The Beach Club, for the most part, does not have a balcony with the room. :)

Have stayed at the BC twice and loved it. We had a balcony over the quiet pool area that looked right across the water at the Boardwalk. It was beautiful at night when the Boardwalk was lit up.

You can guarantee you get a balcony at the YC -- some BC rooms do not have them.

We LOVE YC. It's so easy to walk over the Epcot for a meal or to see a country show or two. Those resorts and BWI have by far the best location in WDW in my opinion.

My parents were in their 50s when we all went to the Yacht Club. We had a first floor room which has a wonderful patio. We all enjoyed this very much. The walk to Epcot was very pleasant. My dad, who was a big WL lover, definitely loved this resort. He said he liked the proximity to Epcot and MGM and, of course, SAB. Both my parents enjoyed walking from the patio just to the lake walkway to view Illuminations nightly. No need to lock up then. They also enjoyed walking around the lake to the BoardWalk. BTW We all had lakeview rooms.

~DawnMaree

We have stayed at both. We have three kids and the kiddos perferred the BC. We perferred the YC it was more adult friends and elegant. We also had a very tiny balcony at the BC you could only walk out on -- we had a full balcony at the YC. We'll definitely be returning to the YC. BTW the Poly is our fav resort and we've yet to try the concierge there. We are hoping to try it very soon.

Paula

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter