"Ya Can't Rest in Disney World!" A November 2011 TR!

TinkerbellBby

Mouseketeer
HEYA, HIYA, HOLA, ALOHA, BONJOUR, CIAO! :wave:
Welcome, one and all, to my very first TR! :woohoo:

Alright, before we move any further into this trip report, I mentioned that it was my first. Not to mention that this is my first attempt at it, too. I'm kinda wingin' this whole thing. :laughing: So please, guys.. just hang in there if you're joining me through this whole thing. :thumbsup2

So, I think I'll give you guys a synopsis of my trip now:
My family (my mom, dad, brother, and myself) all drove down to Folrida, yes DROVE to Florida, from New Jersey. I don't recommed it. :sad2: Although we lucked out and didn't get stuck in any traffic, it's still too long for all of us to be sitting in the car. Anyway, we did everything that everyone wanted to do and barely went to the food stands for meals. I think that we all had one hot dog/chicken fingers throughout the enitre trip. :) All of the restaurants we ate at had great food with a variety to choose from. The resorts that we stayed at were both amazing in my opinion, both for different reasons and in different ways. As for attractions, we did try two things new, I think, which will be mentioned later in the report. Overall, I think that this trip was the best trip that we've taken so far! :banana:

UP NEXT: A Quick Explanation on the Title.

ONCE UPON A TIME.. the clan (me, DDad, DMom, and DBrother) were standing in line for "The Mexico Ride" as we call it. This was to be the first attraction that we went on during this vacation. To our advantage (haha, yeah right), the line was about 15 minutes long, which is totally absurd for that ride. After about 5 minutes of waiting, DM asks a very unrealistic question.
DM: "After this, we're gonna eat and go back to the room, right?"
Me: "HAHAHA! Are you nuts?!"
DM: "No.. I just thought that after this, we were gonna eat, go back to the room, and rest!"
Me: "YA CAN'T REST IN DISNEY WORLD!"
For the remaining wait in line that we had, DD had to kept explaining to DM how we were in Disney and there was no time for resting. Needless to say, she wasn't impressed with this. :laughing: She did really enjoy this trip, though!

*Sorry that this took so long to put up, too. I'm super busy with studying for tests and doing reports that my brilliant teachers have decided to give me right at the end of the marking period. :rolleyes: Teachers these days.

UP NEXT: Our Arrival to the World! {With A Little Bit of Our Overnight Stay at the Hampton at Exit 49}.

Hurry up and get back here. I need to be ingulfed in Disney while I am waiting for my trip to get here:)

Again, I'm sorry that these can't be up sooner. I'm getting piled down with homework and projects. :sad2: It figures, right when I want to start my trip report.
ANYWAY.
November 4, 2011:
The Hampton at Exit 49 in Georgia.​
Well, we usually don't drive this far into Georgia. Sadly, for us, there was some concert going on in Savannah and we couldn't find a Hampton (I refuse to stay in any other hotel besides a Hampton) for miles. That was the first one that we could get into. Why we juust didn't continue to Florida? Yeah, I have no idea. Anyway, we got to that Hampton and there was a huge line. Perfect. I honestly didn't think that we'd make it in. But, 10 minutes later, DDad came out and told us to park the car and get our stuff out. We were on the top floor, room 307. ;) We fell alseep around 10 and then got woken ip st 1:30 due to our amazing ( :headache: ) neighbors. They must've had 40 kids, all screaming on the top of their lungs. Seriously people? Do you have no consideration for the people next door who are gonna be going to Disney tomorrow and want a good night sleep? Nope? Yeah. I didn't think so. :mad: Eventually we all fell back asleep.
November 5, 2011:
We're Here!
Our alarm clock went off at 7:55 and we got up and ready. Of course, I was the first one ready telling everyone to hurry it up so we can get on the road; typical DISer, ya know? ;) Back on task. We went down to breakfast, which wasn't too good. I had the grand meal of a stale bagel, decent yogurt, a few pieces of DDad's waffle, and some extra watery orange juice. :thumbsup2 Needless to say, It wasn't a great start to my day. But, I was going to be in Disney World in a few hours.
YADA-YADA-YADA. We were on the road again within the next half-hour. We only had 48 miles to Florida, which flew by. I took a little nap and woke up 10 minutes before we saw this beauty:
1DisneySign.jpg
It's not the best quality, but at least I got it! :thumbsup2 We went right under that gorgeous sign at exactly 12:59pm and arrived to our home-away-from-home at exactly 1:08pm:
1BoardwalkSign.jpg

1BoardwalkSign2.jpg
Again, not the best quality. I took all of these pictures on my iPhone 4, so it's cell-phone quality. Some of them came out really good, though! :goodvibes
DMom and DBrother stayed in the car while DDad and I went to check in. Let me tell you guys something, the line was huge. DDad was losing his patience (which he doesn't have much of to begin with) and I was getting impatient. I wanted to get our room, throw the luggage in there, and them get to EPCOT! After about 20 minutes Daria, the nice woman who was earning her ears and checked us in, called us over. She was doing pretty good for someone in training. CM Joe helped her out a bit, too. Daria gave DDad and me DVC pins, too:
1DVCPin.jpg
A few more minutes went by and CM Joe declared that our room was ready. For the 13 years that we've been coming here, that has never happened. DDad and I were prerrt excited! We went back to the car, parked it, got the luggage and went to our room, which was on the ground floor:
1RoomNumber.jpg

1OutsideView.jpg
I didn't think our view was half-bad, either! :goodvibes
UP NEXT: EPCOT, Here We Come!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter