Y.Club during hurricanes ,, question

floridachichere

Earning My Ears
Can anyone who stayed there during the hurricanes , tell me if they had any kind of food offerings ? Were you allowed out of your rooms to go to the steak house or the "galley" for maybe breakfast ? I haven't seen any kind of postings for the Yacht club as to how they handled guests during this and I was just
curious ??

Anyone ?

::MinnieMo

Ah , come on,, no one was at the Yacht Club during the last
2 hurricanes ?? Guests have talked about the other Hotels
but not the BC or the YC. Also did they treat the
cons.guests any different from the regular guests.

Anyone ??

I had read during the past hurricanes that they close the Cs lounge during this time. So I guess they treat everyone the same during this time.

I have not been at the YC during a hurricane but was at the Grand Floridian during Charley. Food areas were open until the storm began, then they were closed. We were given phone messages letting us know what would be open and closed and what times. During the actual storm you are not allowed out of your rooms. So everyone is to be prepared for that.

Check the DVC board seems someone was at the BCV during one of the storms.

I know restaurants that have outside access have to be closed sooner than those that don't.

we were there just before frances. we managed to get a flight out of tampa on sat about just noon before the tampa airport closed at 2:30. Since getting out was iffy at best, I can tell you what was going on just before.

Before the storm started, they had said that the yacht club galley would have buffet only. The other restaurants would be closed. Later on, they told my husband that they were going to try to keep the downstairs opened and that they would set up box lunches in the lobby area. I can tell you that the CMs all seemed calm, well prepared and confident that if we got stuck there we were in the safest place you could be. Because the conference center has no windows, they said that if it got really bad, they could bring us in there.

As soon as the airports closed, they basically extended everyone's reservation assuming that if you were there you were staying, which was excellent because by friday, they said that they were completely booked for the next three days. Plus, they gave you the option to tell them basically as you were leaving that you didn't need the room. On friday, they originally closed storm along bay, but then when the weather held out, they opened about half of it - but it closed early. Also, the patio furniture was brought into the room. On sat am, my mom had breakfast in the yacht club galley (full service) and it had not yet switched over to buffet and then we left. So, that's what I know. Hopefully someone who stayed through the storm can provide you with better information

Thanks Missy for the report. So Far we have canceled
thru both the last hurricanes and were considering
canceling again for this Wed. coming up .....

Jeeze this will be our third cancel..... If we do change our
plans again I'm just going to make it for May-2005 :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter