• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Xrail to Jade Caverns Questions

sweetpee_1993

DIS Veteran
I know this excursion is a messy one. I'm prepared to wear throw-away clothes over my swimsuit. I'm wondering about the closed-toe shoes. Would Crocs be sufficient? Seems like they'd be a good option since you can hose them off. Also, we are hoping to do a little shopping or have a drink at Margaritaville after the tour. Is there a place to store your belongings without hauling backpacks with you on the tour? I suppose worst case we'll pack our change of clothes in backpacks and bring garbage bags to seal them up in while we're riding.

TIA! :goodvibes

We did this a few years ago. I believe we had to carry our stuff with us. Can't remember. Bring bandanas, you'll want them.

I must caution you, the bats use the cave. Nasty water :(

We did this excursion a couple of years ago. So much fun! I have never been that dirty before in my life.:lmao:

If I remember correctly, we did have lockers. We left our clean clothes in the lockers but kept our ID in ziploc bags in a fanny pack to have with us.

I brought "throw-away" clothes and the tour guide was shocked that I was going to throw clothes away. He said there were people there that could use them. I tried to explain that they weren't much good (and of course were really dirty) but he wanted to keep them. Said someone would wash them up and use them.

We're doing this on our upcoming Easter cruise. Not sure what I'm going to wear yet. Thinking about a crappy t-shirt with black swim capris. I bought these water shoes (Ryka Aqua Fit 4) to wear for this excursion and for kayaking on CC. I'm one of those folks that says "NO WAY!" to wearing crocs. These shoes are really comfy but do run narrow. I love that they look like regular shoes and not the "slipper" type.

Ryka4.jpg

DH and DS did this excursion. The mud is very fine and silty, almost to the point of seeming oily. It did NOT "just rinse off" of anything. I had to seriously scrub and scrub and scrub my son to get his skin and hair clean. For shoes, they both wore very old tennis shoes that were worn out to the point that they were about to be thrown out anyway. I would not recommend wearing any shoes or clothing that you don't want ruined.

Thanks, everyone. Definitely will bring clothes & shoes we intend to throw away. The fresh water shower at the end, I wonder if we can bring some shampoo to wash quickly with. Or maybe we should return to the ship for a quicky wash up before we hit up Margaritaville. Just trying to think the details thru..... Disney oober planning takes over, huh? LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter