Xmas Trees in Rooms??

erick10520

Mouseketeer
Read in current Disney Magazine that you can order and have a Xmas tree in your room during holiday seasons, and then have it shipped home, ornaments and all.
Any DVC members spending time during holidays ever do this?? How big and what prices?? thanx........

I never looked into the details but I believe the starting price was somewhere around $200. You can also order different arrangements from the WDW Florist to give a holiday feel to your room. These have all been very nice.

One year, I saw a DVC'er that had a U-Haul parked in one of the big lots. As they were packing it up, it looked like they had brought down all their ornaments and tree (and the presents) from home!

I looked into it a couple of years ago, and Pam is correct, at that time the starting price was about $200-$300, and that was for a small tree - 3 ft. at most. The picture showed a very cute tree, but more than I wanted to spend at the time.

You can always pack and ship a small artificial tree from home to arrive at your resort just prior to checking in.

I would probably go the route of shipping a small artifical tree with some ornaments from home to arrive there around the same time I did...that still has to be cheaper than $200 for a 3 foot tree!!!! I have also read posts on these boards where people put lights up on their balconies and in the windows of their rooms if they are down there during Christmas!!! That seems like it would be fun!

I was at BW at Christmas this year and I noticed that MANY people had Christmas trees up in their rooms, not just at the DVC resorts. Since these were 7 foot tall trees, I assume that people brought these down themselves. I did notice one person checking in with a tree in a box, loaded up on the baggage cart with all the luggage. Also, many people had decorated their railings with lights, garland, etc. It was really quite festive:p

Just wanted to add my family while I was growing up went to Disney during the Christmas holidays several times and we always brought a small tree with ornaments and lights for our room. We always drove down so it had to fit in our van. My mom even had us write letters to Santa telling him our location for Christmas! My parents somehow managed to stowaway our Christmas presents w/o us seeing them until Christmas morning when they would be under our little tree! I have such good memories of our Disney Christmases!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter