Xmas/New Year trip report - Day Three!!!

maleficent_man

DIS Veteran
Hope you enjoy these!!

Friday 30 December 2005

Eventually obeyed the alarm and got out of bed at 8.20 - we were soooo tired!!! We got ready and got the bus to the parks.

We had a reservation at Cafe Mickey for breakfast. We were seated, eventually, upstairs and tucked into the buffet - I enjoyed it and there was plenty on offer to eat and drink. Chip and dale came around first and then Mickey and Pluto came out. We chatted to the family beside us who were staying at the Newport Bay.

We finished up and picked up our Grease tickets for tonight in the Village before heading up to the park. We went in and straight up Main Street. We decided to go and see the Lion King so went over and got in the queue for tickets - this was quick and we left a few minutes later with tickets for the 12.00 show. We decided we would hang around so did a quick visit to the moon of Endor on Star Tours and then had a look in Star Traders. We went into Videopolis and grabbed our seats for the Lion King. It is a great show - Timon was particularly playful today!

We came out and headed into Central Plaza which was being bombarded by heavy snow! (it was nice that a lot of the hoardings that were up on our last visit where now gone and you could move freely in and out of Discoveryland - also Buzz looks like it is coming along nicely!). Aurora was out doing signings in her lovely dark blue outfit. We headed through the entrance to Adventureland and looked in the shops. We went up past Colonel Hathi’s and into Frontierland. We grabbed some fastpasses for Big Thunder and then did it with some AP fastpasses we had left from our last visit.

We then saw Minnie, Goofy and Pluto out by the Cookout BBQ. I got a piccie taken with Minnie - Goofy was being funny and was pointing at my Mickey jacket - he gestured to Minnie that he loved her more than Mickey! As she was having her pic taken with me he lifted up her skirt!! They had also written their names in the snow on the picnic tables! We went up and into Mickey’s Winter Wonderland - a good show! They didn’t really need the fake snow though as the real thing was blowing right into the theatre! We came out and headed off down through Adventure Isle and did Pirates - the 15 minute queue was bliss in the heat!!! Walked around and through Belle’s Village. Saw Donald out in the park. After a quick pit stop we stood at the bridge overlooking Hook’s ship and feed some ducks with more stolen rolls! We headed back into Frontierland and saw the band playing in the Cookout BBQ.

A quick walk down through Frontierland and we looked in the shops - nipping in and out of places with heat was very much in order! We went over to Lucky Nugget where we had a reservation for lunch. It was lovely and warm inside!! The buffet was good - I enjoyed it - I can see why some people might not though. We certainly found enough to eat. There were lots of characters as well - we had Genie, Chip, Dale, Rafiki, Friar Tuck, Gideon, Baloo, Gadget, Daisy, Timon - there was also someone playing music. We used our 20% voucher and as he made a mistake with our drinks and our AP’s we got two free glasses of champagne! We were the last people in the place and it felt like we had it all to ourselves!

We came out and did Phantom Manor. Alas the snow had now turned to rain which made for a lovely slushy mix all over the ground. We went up and used our fastpasses for Big Thunder - groovy as always - I love this ride - it is my favourite of the three I have been on (WDW and California being the others). We went down through Adventureland into Central Plaza - my feet were now soaking so we went to Main Street and I bought some socks. I sat beside Victoria’s and changed them - it made a difference for about two minutes! We waited for the Enchanted Fairytale ceremony but this turned out to be simply putting the lights on - the weather meant the characters and performers didn’t come out tonight.

We decided to leave the park after this and got the bus to the hotel. I had a shower and some coffee! We watched a bit of telly and then got the bus over to the Village - we checked out time for the cinema in case it was as bad again tomorrow. We walked up to the Dome and joined the already sizeable queue waiting to get into see Grease. I had a look at the merchandise and then in we went. To my surprise we were able to walk up and get two seats right in the centre of the third row! The Dome is well done and although there aren’t too many seats it was a really nice little venue. The show was great and quite adult in some parts - they had screens up to the side of the stage with the dialogue in french - I imagine it would have been hard to follow this and watch the show! We came out, I bought a programme and we headed off to get the bus to the Kyriad along with everyone else. We headed back to room to get ready for a long day tomorrow!

It was absolutely freezing that day, I took a picture of the lake around Thunder Mountain , with the surface frozen solid!

100_0439.jpg

Neil

Brilliant again Nick!! You don't waste your time do you??? ;) Really looking forward to seeing your photos.

Great pic Neil....saying it was cold just doesn't describe it...I have honestly never been so freezing in all my life!!

I don't like to waste time when I'm there - it's important to do as much as you can!! pirate:

Yet another great day!!! When we arrived on the 23rd it was very mild and we were wearing just a jumper with our coats undone. By the 27th it has turned cold and we were wearing thermals with countless layers under our coats/hats/scarves/gloves/ two pairs of socks etc but you can't keep the cold off your cheeks or nose though! However I am not complaining, my Christmas wish was to see the park covered in real snow and it was granted!

Neo said:
It was absolutely freezing that day, I took a picture of the lake around Thunder Mountain , with the surface frozen solid!

100_0439.jpg

Neil

Oh my!!!!! Last February the waterfalls and fountains were frozen and so were we..............I don't think I could have coped!!

Kaye :goodvibes

Just had a chance to catch up with your trip report Nick. Wonderful - thank you!!! :goodvibes

Loving your trippie so much..... I feel lazy for not doing one now!! Looking forward to the next 3 days worth :goodvibes

tialucy said:
Loving your trippie so much..... I feel lazy for not doing one now!! Looking forward to the next 3 days worth :goodvibes
Well if you need to do one to feel better, don't let us stop you :) ;)

Cyrano said:
Well if you need to do one to feel better, don't let us stop you :) ;)

Ahhh Reid!!! I didn't make notes or anything, I might just stick some photos on without the trippie. :goodvibes

Wow, 2 character meals in one day, and Grease too, it sounds fab! I love all the detail you put in your trippies and you can tell how excited you were, it makes for great reading!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter