Xmas/New Year trip report - Day Four!!!

maleficent_man

DIS Veteran
Saturday 31 December 2005

Up at 8 and got ready to go again for the long day ahead! Got the bus in no time and entered the magical gates.

We saw lots of characters in and around Town Square and then took a walk up Main Street. There were cast members handing out revised park hour leaflets for everything on NYE so I grabbed one to help us plan our day. We went into Plaza Gardens where we had breakfast booked. We used our AP to get our 25% discount and tucked in!

The food here is great and I would highly recommend it - it was very busy though! We had lots of favourites to play with - Minnie, Baloo, Friar Tuck, Goofy, Tigger and a particularly playful Genie! We finished our breakfast and took a wander over to Frontierland and got a fastpass for Big Thunder. We went into the Cowboy Cookout to see the band playing and then came out and wandered over to Fantasyland. I stood and chatted for a while to a CM about pins (she had an amazing collection of Tink and Stitch pins) and saw some characters out and about.

We went down through the Castle and waited for Aurora to come out - she gave a wave as she went past. Went down to where Mickey was and it was really busy - checked out the pin station at the top of Main Street. Popped over into Adventureland and had a look in the shops. Checked on characters in Adventureland and then got a pic with King Louie. Took a walk through Adventure Isle and Fantasyland into Discoveryland - it's great to just walk around the park and take in the various sights and sounds.

We went into Star Traders and bought some Narnia pencils for Mum. Came out into Central Plaza and got pic with Aurora. Walked up through the castle and saw some characters out in Fantasyland. Got some popcorn for Mum and walked over into Belle’s Village - we grabbed our spot and I went a got a coffee. Waited for the Medley which was awesome as always! Waited and got my pic with Belle who commented that she liked my horns!

We came out and down through Main Street and over to the Studios. Out into the main bit of the park and saw the Goofy Xmas show which was pretty funny. Went up to the Narnia set and got some pics of me sat on the throne. We grabbed a great spot and stood and watched the Cinema Parade which was good - Pluto was playing with my horns! RNR was down...boo!! Had a look in the Main Studio shop and chatted to another guest about pins.

We went into the Disney Village and saw the snowmen figures out and about. We went up to the Rainforest Cafe and had some lunch. I had the Mojo Bones and Mum had the Curry - it was yummy! We were sat beside one of the fish tanks and had a lovely little Nemo floating past us as we ate...it was like a character meal with Nemo!! Had a look around the shops and then went back into the Park.

We grabbed our usual spot at the beginning of the parade and listened to the Carollers who were singing away in Town Square - it was lovely and great to see the parade in darkness (it was later today for NYE). We saw a friendly face in the parade from our last visit (a rather funny pink witch...) and got a wave in the parade! As soon as it finished we raced up Discovery Arcade and made our way to Belle’s Christmas Village.

Saw the show again which wasn’t busy at all! We then went over to Frontierland and used an old fastpass to go on Big Thunder (naughty us!). We came off and went into Central plaza - we managed to get reasonably close to the front and watched the Enchanted Fairytale Ceremony which was fabulous! (I could cry when Minnie says...and remember, I love you...!!) We then took a walk over to the Discovery arcade and grabbed a coffee and muffin - it was nice to sit in the warmth and watch the world pass by!!

We walked up to Fantasyland and grabbed our usual spot to watch Fantillusion - Maleficent was staring at me for ages - it was great!! Saw our pink witch friend again. We noticed that they were going to do the transformations tonight so followed it down to Central Plaza and watched the Maleficent transformation in front of the Castle. We went into Discoveryland and used an old fastpass for Space Mountain - was unusually smooth! Came out and did Star Tours which was a virtual walk-on.

Went via Central Plaza into Fantasyland and Belle’s which was nice and quiet at night! Did Pirates - just as we were near the front it went down for 5 mins - which was no problem as it was nice and warm inside! Did the ride and came out and headed to Frontierland for Phantom Manor - a ravishing bride...a vanishing groom!! Came out and headed out into Central Plaza which was busy! There was a DJ playing and people were getting ready for the fireworks. We went up and down Main Street - I was looking to get a coffee but everywhere was really busy! Lights were great on Main Street. Got in position near Town Square - the Castle looked stunning and the atmosphere was magical! The countdown began and.....Bonne Annee!!!

Great atmosphere - watched the fireworks which were, in honesty, disappointing - the music wasn’t Disney and I didn’t feel it was as good as last year....still great fun though! We quickly headed out of the park and to the bus - thankfully it was well organised and there were several waiting - we were back at the Kyriad in no time!

Great report and some lovely meals.
Shame about the end of year celebrations.

Wow, I feel exhausted just reading that lot!!!!! You must have bags of energy - you don't waste a second, do you??? Sounds like a wonderful fun-packed day!! Thanks so much for writing so many details. Any chance of seeing your photos please???? :teeth:

Okay - here's one to keep you going!!!

queenofnarnia.jpg

Wow, that's really fantastic!!!! She looks really scary! Lovely picture. Oh, I think I see your maleficent horns in your left hand!!!
maleficent_bounce.gif

We went into the Disney Village and saw the snowmen figures out and about. We went up to the Rainforest Cafe and had some lunch. I had the Mojo Bones and Mum had the Curry - it was yummy! We were sat beside one of the fish tanks and had a lovely little Nemo floating past us as we ate...it was like a character meal with Nemo!! Had a look around the shops and then went back into the Park.

Thats it you've convinced me - Rainforest is now definate................great report and photos ::yes:: - thanks very much!

Kaye :goodvibes

Another great read and love the photo - but we want to see a pic of you WEARING the Maleficent horns! :teeth:

Excellent report and lovely piccie ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter