Xmas but no Disney - Mistake?

17lbp

Earning My Ears
Going to Florida for our 6th time but our 1st visit at Xmas time. I'd pretty much decided not to do any of the disney parks due to crowd levels - we've done them all before and neither of us are very patient to wait 2/3hrs in a queue for a ride and spend all day fighting through crowds to go anywhere/do anything.
I'd thought about perhaps having meal at Ohanas and watching fireworks from there and perhaps visiting DTD and that would be enough of a disney fix. However, I'm now starting to doubt my decision, am i making a mistake by not going to the parks and seeing the lights/decorations/fireworks at Xmas having never seen them? I feel that to pay £500ish for our family just to see the lights is a bit excessive but then I have this niggling feeling that perhaps I'm making a mistake.
Any thoughts appreciated on whether people feel that disney at xmas is worth the "hassle" ie crowds that goes with?

The fact that you have been before a number of times makes it an ideal time to enjoy Christmas in Disney because there is no pressure for you to see and do everything but just go to the parks and enjoy the atmosphere, decorations and special events, parades and fireworks.

We have been over Christmas and found the crowds heavy but manageable by getting to the parks early, getting Fastpasses for the rides we most wanted to do and then either looked round the shops or left the parks when they got too busy. The atmosphere in the parks is special over Christmas and some of the special events are really not to be missed - Osborne Lights, Chistmas Parade in MK, Christmas Wishes, Candlelight Processional in Epcot and the special ending to Illuminations to name a few :)

Even if you don't fancy the parks visiting the Disney resorts is very nice at Christmas. Each resort has it's own decorations and tree styles with special festive events and attractions.

Does anyone know which dates the christmas decorations last to in January at WDW ?:confused:

At DLRP I am used to them being up until 06-07Jan but I'm sure I read somewhere that they may finish earlier in WDW .:guilty:

We are heading to WDW on 01JAN10 do I'm hoping we see some.

What are people's best recommendations ?

Thx :)

Any thoughts appreciated on whether people feel that disney at xmas is worth the "hassle" ie crowds that goes with?

absolutely worth it, this year will be our 7th trip at xmas my wife wont go any other time if she gets her way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter