Xmas at okw

sarahluvsdisney

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,

We will be at OKW for Xmas.
We are staying in a studio and want to take some decorations with us.
Can anyone tell me what you take with you. I will hang a stocking on my door and put up a tree or lights or both. Anyone have any ideas other than this???
Also heard that Mickey visits on xmas eve enight and I might wake up to a small something on the door of the studio !! Tell me is this true, If so I will definatly NOT sleep on xmas eve night!! I will be awake all night.
Seriously though I would appreciate any ideas anyone has for decorating.

Also I plan to eat in MK on Xmas day and will try for a PS for evening at LTT. I called Dining the other day and they tell me that if you have a ressie in MK for that day and the park has reached capacity by say 10.00am they will still let you in for your PS as you have a booking. I thought that you would not be allowed into
park for any reason if it was at capacity. Does anyone have any experience of this?

Thanks

Sarah.

We don't decorate at Christmas because we usually go early in the month of Dec (like this year). But whenever we go at Halloween we decorate the room and the porch. We even hang Halloween lights.

Have fun. It's your house. Make it like home!!!

We decorated with a small artificial tree and lights around our window in 1996 when Ds was 6. There was a stocking filled with Mickey lollipops on our door in the morning. In 2002-3, we only had lights up on the windows , no tree. If you are planning to get ps at LTT, call right at 90 days and make sure you get to the park early and plan on staying..no park hopping or you may not get back in. The last 2 times we were there for xmas (and NYE) MK was closed to all guests(even resort guests) by 10am. You can't get in if they hit max capacity, even if you have ps. Just a heads up.
Connears

Lots of people put lights up on their balcony. You may need an extension cord and wrap the lights around the balcony. We have put them on the balcony, around the windows and we bring along a small pre-lit tree. We hung a wreath on the front door.

The Disney florist also offers some pretty arrangements for Christmas. Some include a "take home" part like a Mickey candleholder or other item. The pine in the arrangement can give the room the Christmas "aroma" if you'd like the effect.

Can you decorate at any of the other DCV villas??? We'll be at SSR and then BCV over xmas/ny's....

Last year we brought a pre-decorated tree we had bought at Wal-Mart -- it has fiber-optic lights in it so there's really only one bulb. It's only about 2 or 3 feet high. It's kind of cheesy but the kids liked it. We also brought couple of strands of lights and an extension cord and we ran those outside on the handrail of the balcony.

Originally posted by Ksp
Can you decorate at any of the other DCV villas??? We'll be at SSR and then BCV over xmas/ny's....

You can decorate to your heart's content. Just don't damage the room or balcony or leave tape all over the place. We use a door hanger (goes over the top of the door) to hang our wreath on the door instead of using hooks or tape. We try to only tape on the glass windows instead of on the wood trim. On the balcony, we wrap the lights around the balcony rails or use tie wraps or twist ties. Make sure your lights are safe for outdoor use and in good shape, use an appropriate extension cord and turn your lights off when you aren't in the room (especially if you have a real tree - too messy for me).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter