Xcaret Eco Archeological Park in Cozumel

DreaminDisney

<font color="purple">The TFs converted another BEL
Xcaret Eco Archeological Park in Cozumel

Has anyone done this and would you recommend it?

I think it sounds very neat but would like some feedback on it. It's expensive at 99.00 a person and 79.00 a child.

We go to Mexico every year and have been to Xcaret and really liked it. It isn't in Cozumel, but across the water near Playa Del Carmen, so some sort of ferry or boat ride must be involved in the excursion. It is basically a zoo with some water activities. There are amazing turtles there and other animals. There is a wonderful underground river that you float down. It is very neat, but cold! Also some places for calm snorkeling with tons of fish. They have an evening show that is supposed to be great but we never stayed that long as our kids are pretty young. Even if you are staying in Playa, the cost is quite hight, about $50 per person. So the rate you quote seems reasonable since it includes transportation. Have fun!

I have also been there many times but I went there for one reason....to swim with the dolphins! It was $100 to do it but worth every penny! We didn't do much of the park but I would do it over and over again for the dolphins! The bad thing is, you have to be there when they open to schedule a swim time because they only do so many a day.

Gina::MinnieMo

I've been there but not thru DCL excursions. It's a great experience...... go for it!!!!!!!!!

I went there back in '98 when I was in Cancun for a week. It was very cool. Definitely do it.

Also have done this but not through DCL but just on 4 day vacation to Mexico. It was the highlight of the trip. So picture perfect. Aqua water, lagoons, sea life. The best part was floating through the underground streams. They are cold but it feels so good and I've never seen anything quite like it in my travels. A must do execursion in my book. My Mom just went there last week on a cruise through Carvival and also said it was the highlight of her trip. To ends of the spectrum, I was in my 20's still when we went and LOVED it and she is in her 60's and loved it. It is good for all ages if you like nature and adventure.

I have been to Xcaret 3 times and I love it. We just went last month since DH and I were in Playa Del Carmen for a week. It just keeps getting better! There is so much to do/see there you really need 2 days now. There is a butterfly pavalion, 2 rivers to snorkel through, a beautiful inlet with tons of fish, sea turtles, mushroom farm, orchid farm, tropical birds, 2 dolphin swim areas, snuba, horseback riding, beach area with floats, several restaurants, live entertainment through the day, jaguars, monkeys roaming around, a museum, some small ruins, a circular viewing tower like Sea World, and the most amazing night show! I don't know if the ship will leave before the night show as it starts around 8pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter