• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

X474200 budget code in the last few weeks

Arkum

Mouseketeer
Has anyone rented their car using this code in the last few weeks? I had a reservation for a minivan using this code and the code hasn't been working on new reservations in the last few weeks. I'm worried about going to pick up my rental and it not being honored.

Has anyone rented their car using this code in the last few weeks? I had a reservation for a minivan using this code and the code hasn't been working on new reservations in the last few weeks. I'm worried about going to pick up my rental and it not being honored.

I'm sure they just 'retired' the code.
It should be no different than any other code where if you book within the time period that the code is active and the code is accepted, then your reservation is good unless you cancel or modify it.

I'm sure they just 'retired' the code.
It should be no different than any other code where if you book within the time period that the code is active and the code is accepted, then your reservation is good unless you cancel or modify it.

Yes, but most codes are only good for a few months. This particular code has been good for YEARS. This isn't the first report I've seen from people who say the code isn't working anymore.

I used this code for the minivan I am picking up on Monday morning. I will post how it goes.

stevil73 said:
I used this code for the minivan I am picking up on Monday morning. I will post how it goes.

Thank you! I would really appreciate it!

I just picked up our rental on Sunday-24th using that code and returned today. No questions asked. I was a little nervous, though since the rate was so amazing for a minivan. Bad news-they did not have any vans so gave us an intermediate SUV, but it only sat 5, which was fine for us. Have the code booked again for July. Hope it works then, too and can get a minivan. You should be fine.

gone2disney said:
I just picked up our rental on Sunday-24th using that code and returned today. No questions asked. I was a little nervous, though since the rate was so amazing for a minivan. Bad news-they did not have any vans so gave us an intermediate SUV, but it only sat 5, which was fine for us. Have the code booked again for July. Hope it works then, too and can get a minivan. You should be fine.

So wonderful to hear! Thank you for posting!

I have a mini van reserved with the code for the end of August. We are a family of 6 and i'm not sure what we would do if we can't get a mini van. Do you know if they have full size SUV's? Would they give it to us at the same price as the mini van? Did Budget offer you any kind of compensation for not having a mini van? Hmmmm I wonder if I should try to find a backup mini van.

I have a mini van reserved with the code for the end of August. We are a family of 6 and i'm not sure what we would do if we can't get a mini van. Do you know if they have full size SUV's? Would they give it to us at the same price as the mini van? Did Budget offer you any kind of compensation for not having a mini van? Hmmmm I wonder if I should try to find a backup mini van.

They don't give you any compensation if the vehicle is not available, what they do is upgrade you at no charge. They have full size SUV's at Budget, but, I doubt they would upgrade you that far. You should be safe at the end of August as the vacation season is slowing down.

We have a party of 6 as well. We go at the beginning of May so I can only hope that it will be a slower time than this week with Easter/spring break. Not sure how we would fit without a minivan. I'm not going to worry about it though. We will deal with it if the problem arises!

Being this week was spring break, the lot was very empty. The agent said the SUV they gave us was an upgrade. The only biggish cars on the lot were our car (Nissan murano-which was very nicely loaded) and a ford explorer that just came in. We were not offered the explorer. At first, he wanted to put us in a full size and then said if we wanted to wait a few minutes, he could upgrade us to the murano. No compensation offered. The counter was packed! Had to wait around 40 minutes in line-2 people working with about 20 parties in line. It took so long b/c they were out if so many cars. Man in front of us reserved a mustang and couldn't get it. He was MAD-offered nothing, but an I am sorry!

We used this code in February without any problem and so did our friends. We just reserved a car last week for next February (2014) using the same code and got the same great price for a minivan that we have always gotten. I just tried the code to see if I could use it again and it worked.

We used it just a couple of weeks ago, for a mid size SUV. There were many to choose from, we had a Chevy Captiva, I liked it very much. All leather, and even had the camera back up thing in the rear view mirror.

Used this code yesterday for a minivan with no problems. Definitely sign up for Fastbreak if you already haven't. Must have been 20 people in line in the terminal and no one at the Fastbreak counter in the garage.

Used this code yesterday for a minivan with no problems. Definitely sign up for Fastbreak if you already haven't. Must have been 20 people in line in the terminal and no one at the Fastbreak counter in the garage.

Thanks for letting me know! I'll have to sign up, I guess!

Being this week was spring break, the lot was very empty. The agent said the SUV they gave us was an upgrade. The only biggish cars on the lot were our car (Nissan murano-which was very nicely loaded) and a ford explorer that just came in. We were not offered the explorer. At first, he wanted to put us in a full size and then said if we wanted to wait a few minutes, he could upgrade us to the murano. No compensation offered. The counter was packed! Had to wait around 40 minutes in line-2 people working with about 20 parties in line. It took so long b/c they were out if so many cars. Man in front of us reserved a mustang and couldn't get it. He was MAD-offered nothing, but an I am sorry!

Your "compensation" was the really nice upgrade.
Not much you can do if the car has not been returned, re: Mustang.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter