x-mas trip

db78

Mouseketeer
Just found out we have the opportunity to have the last week of December off from work. DS is off school so we started talking about a dvc trip to Disney. I know the odds are probably not in our favor, but we're new members and wondered what more experienced folks think about our chances of getting a studio anywhere at that time? :confused:

We are new to DVC as well; have been to WDW many times , but never at Xmas; DH and I had a similar conversation one Saturday mornng three weeks ago; the following Monday we booked 12-24 thru 12-30 at OKW (paying cash with DVC discount for weekend)

I would think you might still be able to get a studio, but maybe not your choice of resorts.

I would love to visit at Christmas!!!!

:wave: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :wave: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :wave:

If you can get it................. TAKE IT! We (I, DW and 2 DS's) went down there last year at the same time and loved it! Granted, I can do without the long lines but being there over "the holidays" was very special to me and my family.

Good luck.

Dave

Hi! We had a GREAT time this past Dec. 26-Jan. 1 at POR. Just be forewarned...the parks are extremely crowded and you will not be able to access everything even with fast pass. Before noon many of the fast pass rides were already booked thru closing...we couldn't even get on Pirates of the Carribean! We still had a very nice time and even looked into DVC and purchased at SSR after that trip:sunny:. Even with the crowds we didn't have any unpleasant experiences. And that's also why we decided to take our first DVC trip (11 more days) in the heat of August:crazy:. We're going back to see everything we missed in the parks and then some. The holiday season at WDW is beautiful as long as you go realizing the crowd factor. In fact, it is not out of the question that we would go again over the holidays. But, we would plan on a more resort-centered stay (i.e. relax by the pools, leisure activities, shopping, dining and minimal parks). You will still have a great time if you go with the right attitude and make all your dining and show reservations well in advance. Have fun!

Suzy
:earsgirl:

Being at WDW at Christmas is something every family should do once in their life. I did and had no regrets, but have to say you will not find the place more crowded than at Christmas. It is beautiful though.

Call Disney and see what they have. Put your name on the wait list. Something will come up between then and now. You may only be able to get a few days and then have your name put on the Wait List for the remainder.

Thank you all for the encouragement. I called MS today (they were closed yesterday afternoon) and we got 4 of our 7 nights in December at a studio at OKW. One of the nights (Friday) was cash and I was pleasantly surprised we got the 25% discount. So on the wait list for 3 days and feeling optimistic it will come through between now and then. X-Mas time at Disney, Yipee!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I bet it comes thru. I waitlisted a 2 Bedroom at OKW last Fall and got it in a few months.

I hope the good luck continues for you and for me! We are waiting till mid-October to call and try for ressies 2 months out for Dec. 18 - 22nd. We have points in a holding account (which better never happen again) that we can't use until 2 months prior to check-in. I've been trained by DVC to plan way in advance and this wait is treacherous. We'll take anything available at that time and are even willing to stay in one of the moderates on points if no DVC is available. Oh the wait is so hard!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter