X-mas at Disneyland

wisheruponstars

Earning My Ears
So the Christmas season is coming up and I want to see it, but I know how extra crowded it can get during that time, I assume at least, I've never been during Christmas. I was wondering if I was going to go and try to get a less crowded day, when would you suggest. Ideally sometime after thanksgiving and before Christmas Day would be what I'd like but I assume that's the same for everyone. Any tips?

I would suggest the week after Veterans Day and the week before Thanksgiving. Nov 15-19. Note that the 16th will be the 2nd Merriest Party, and DL will close early that evening to non-ticket guests.

For us, the Sunday and Monday after Thanksgiving was perfect. People are heading back home from visiting Disneyland during Thanksgiving week or seeing family, while kids are going back to school. Again that was precovid, so who knows really how everything will shake out. Either way, just being there is extra special when DL and DCA are dressed with the holiday overlays. Have fun!

I agree with the suggestions above and I’ll just add that on our last Christmas visit (Dec 21st to 26th 2019) both parks were not crowded at all. Longest wait for us was MFSR and that was only about 40 -45 mins. This was also with FastPass in place and included the weekend before Christmas. Christmas Day was a ghost town. The crowds the week before Christmas can be a little lighter but this was better than I expected. Maybe we were lucky. I did hear DL reached capacity on the 27th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter