Wyndham Star Island???

DiznyDeeDee

Earning My Ears
We just booked a 2 br unit at Wyndham Star Island through a friend of ours. Did we make a good choice? We have never stayed at this one before.

Are you talking about Star Island Resort in Kissimmee? If so, I don't believe that's a Wyndham property. That said, we have a week long stay booked there in a 3 bedroom in August. We traded a 1 bedroom timeshare week through Interval International. There are a lot of reviews on Trip Advisor and I read them extensively before we booked. It gets pretty favorable reviews.

Yes, Star Island is a Wyndham property. It's one of five Wyndham properties in the WDW area.

Star Island has 2 POAs. It was initially developed by another company and Wyndham came in and finished it up and sold inventory. I don't know the details of the management of the resort, but all amenities are shared and used by all no matter which section you stay in.

Here's the website for the "other" company.

http://www.mystar-island.com/index.html

Not to worry you won't be asked to attend two timeshare presentations, as the last time we were there you could only be invited by the company your reservation is through.

The last time we stayed here the units were a little shabby and showing their age, but I think they've all been refurbished. Many who stay here rave about the activites that the resort plans.

I own there (Non-Wyndham) and have stayed there both in my unit and in different units. All units have been refurbed in the last 2 years. I was very happy with the job they did.

The resort itself is nice, but obviously not as nice or themed as staying on property. We've also stayed at Wynd. Bonnet Creek and Sheraton Vistana Villages in the past few years, and I would rate Star Island as a shade below those 2 resorts. If they are 9s, Star Island would be an 8. Location wise, it's not far - maybe a 10 minute drive to the parks w/o any traffic, a little longer if it's a busy time. As PP mentioned, the resort does offer a plethora of activities for kids and adults. We haven't really participated in those, however, because we spend 95% of our time at the parks, other places on Disney property, or at the pool. My mother did go to the spa there on one of our visits and enjoyed it.

You'll be happy there as long as you are not expecting something comparable to a Disney Resort and you have your own car.

We have stayed at Star Island many times. DH's grandparents have two units there in February that they only use every other year, so we are usually able to get both adjoining units, trading the dates to June!

Last June, the units were remodeled and looked great! Kids had a blast doing Karaoke, poolside games, etc. I think they loved the pool more than the parks LOL! We have not used the fitness center. Deck parties are nice too on Sunday nights.

Hopefully next year we will get to go back!

We just returned from a week at Star Island and it was great. We went with a friend who has a Wyndham timeshare. The suites are great. We were in a lock-off unit A & B. The B unit had a full kitchen and the A unit a mini kitchen. We were sharing it so we all used the full kitchen. There is a dishwasher in the A and B units' The A unit has a mini stove, but the B unit has a full stovetop with a full oven. There are plenty of dishes, glasses, pots, pans, wine glasses, silverware, coffee maker -- everything you would need to cook a full meal. The A unit has a mini frig, but the B unit had a very large frig with an ice maker. I wish I could take it home with me. It was so big and kept everything nice and cold. We shopped at Walmart and the prices were much better than New York for food -- even buying meat. The only real costly items are fruits and vegetables.

The 2 pools are very nice and it wasn't overly crowded. We were there starting 7/31. Ther were plenty of lounge chairs, etc.

My nephews had a ball. My nephews are ages 2 and 11. We will definitely go there again. You do need a car, especially if you plan to stock up the frig.

The resort offers transportation to the parks and it is $12 per person round trip.

We only went to Sea World and went by cab. For 3 adults and 2 kids we paid $25 each way. I think that anyone who goes there, especially if you want to feel like you are at home instead of a hotel feeling will love this place. Have a great vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter