• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wyndham Palace

casmanuel

Mouseketeer
I just got back from a 4-night stay at Wyndham Palace. I got it on Priceline for $60 per night. Honestly, I wasn't that impressed with it. I guess I got my money's worth, but I kept thinking how disappointed I'd have been if I'd paid any more than that.

Service there was mediocre. One day, the maid didn't put towels in our room even though she took the dirty ones. When I phoned the front desk for more I was told it would be an hour and a half before they could bring more. That was at 11pm. On my insistentence, the manager delivered more.

I can't remark on the bus service, but if you have a car, you will walk a very long way if you self-park or pay $12 a day for valet. This was a quick budget trip for us, so we walked it. At 11pm they close the back doors, and we got in late every night, so the walk was a little longer to get to the front lobby.

Good points about this hotel: the room was clean and smelled ok (not musty or smoky); there was plenty of ice in the machines (several on our floor); and the driving distance to the parks was pretty good. It was very quiet, day and night.

The room was slightly larger than at All Stars, which were $110/night during our stay. The kids kept asking if we were going to stay at the All Stars next time. I never would have guessed how important "theming" would be in a hotel, but it really added a lot to our last two trips. Before that, we'd always stayed off site.

To sum it all up, if you want to stay in a decent, Downtown Disney Hotel, Priceline it and you'll get your money's worth. Otherwise, use mousesavers or other discounts and stay in a WDW resort.

Well, I certainly agree with you about the parking which I think is the Wyndham's weakest point. I also found service at check in lacking.

However, we had great service once we did get to our room. The rooms, at around approx. 400 square feet are quite a bit larger then the All Stars or even any of the moderates though they are an odd wedge shape. The location near Downtown Disney we really like. We find the food choices much better then on-site. In fact, when we're not staying on property this is one of our favorite alternatives. If you want "theme"-ing though, yeah, this is not the place to stay as they cater to a lot of business folks.

Sorry you didn't have as an enjoyable time as you would have had on-site, but I still wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel with the above caveats.

The theme at the Wyndham is: NO THEME!

After spending time and energy planning a 3-nighter away from anything Disney (my husband and son's idea), they informed me that Disney hotels are, indeed better and that next time we won't be so ridiculous. That said, the room was lovely with a view to die for--downtown Disney lit up like a Christmas tree; House of Blues close enough for a visit each night, and a lovely cocktail lounge to view EPCOT's and Magic Kingdom fireworks!

And I paid alot more than $60 for the room! You live and learn:o

--Wilma

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter