Wyndham Palace or All Stars

Mercy

<font color="blue">never been tagged ... until now
We may have to conserve some funds for a few days of our trip before moving on to a WDW deluxe resort. In doing some research it looks like I could get the Wyndham Palace for around the $48-50 range through Priceline.com. Assuming I can get the All Stars at a similar rate $49-59, which hotel would you choose? I know the Wyndham is more of a deluxe hotel and the All Stars is a value resort.

P.S. I also realize that getting the Wyndham thru PL is not guaranteed.

Wow, tough question. I've stayed at the Wyndham Palace, it was very nice, and in a great location. I've never stayed at All Stars, but, you can get many reports on that hotel on the resorts board. I guess if I was guaranteed the Wyndham Palace, I'd stay there. But, since you really don't know which hotel you get with Priceline, I think I'd pick the All Stars.

Unless you really don't care if your at the Dolphin/Swan/or Marriott World center, if those are still the 4 star hotels, it's been awhile since I did Priceline, then I'd say take the chance and book through Priceline.

Hope that helps!

Leah

Why not split your stay between the 2 hotels? That way you are guaranteed "disney magic" and you get a great off-site hotel at a bargain price for a few nights. Also- if you don't get the hotel you really want through Priceline, you have a few days at the All Stars to look forward to.

By the way...I just booked a 3-star Disney vicinity hotel through Priceline and I got a 2-story 2-bedroom villa at Doubletree Guest Suites Maingate for $40.00 (plus $5 bonus = $45) per night. I'm also spending 3 nights at PORiverside and 3 nights at Wilderness Lodge. Yippee!!!

I had the same quandry :). I am a Priceline maven ... I've been in 6 different hotels in the WDW area through Priceline and have only been disappointed once. I stayed at the Wyndham last time and had a very nice room on the 14th floor facing WDW. I only paid $33 per night because I booked it in the days of the $20 bonus. There was an additional $8.50 "resort fee". The room and the hotel was great. We could see fireworks from all the parks (plus Universal) from our balcony. It was a very pleasant stay and I would return in a heartbeat.

BUT ... I'm not on this next trip. I'm staying at All Star Sports. Why? Will my room be as nice? Nope. Will I have a balcony? Nope. What I'll have is the Disney "magic" and a great rate. I'm only paying $49 per night to stay on Disney property. Now, that's magic!

By the way...I just booked a 3-star Disney vicinity hotel through Priceline and I got a 2-story 2-bedroom villa at Doubletree Guest Suites Maingate for $40.00 (plus $5 bonus = $45) per night.
Lori ... before you get your hopes up too much, I heard that the Doubletree Suites also has 1 BR units. Your price of $40 still rocks, but I wouldn't want you to expect a 2 BR when you will probably get something smaller.

I would chose the All-Stars without question. For one thing, it's a Disney Resort! That alone is reason enough to stay there, but there are also practical considerations. You'll have access to Disney transportation, but more importantly, the day you transfer to the WDW deluxe resort Disney will transfer your luggage for you. Just call Bell Services for pick-up at All-Stars before check-out time, go off for the day, then return to your new deluxe resort that afternoon anytime after your room is ready, and call for your luggage to be brought to your room. Saves a lot of hassle over being "homeless" between check-out and check-in times. Even if you have a car, this is a big help (we usually move the car during our afternoon park break, and check-in at the new hotel).

Thanks for your concern robinb, but I called the front desk at Doubletree Guest Suites and they confirmed that my reservation is for a 2-bedroom, 2-story townhouse. I also informed them that there will be 2 couples in the room, the front desk clerk said that was fine, there is no charge for the 3rd and 4th guest because it is a 2-bedroom suite.

5 days and counting

:D

We went in early October and stayed at the Wyndham via priceline our first night, switched to AS Movies for 2 nights and then onto the YC for 3 nights. If you have kids I would recommend the AS. If not, I would recommend the Wyndham or whatever you can get through priceline with a resort or 4 star bid. Note that there is an additional resort fee added on at the Wyndham for $8/night.

I think it all depends upon what you are looking for in a hotel. With EE mornings being cut that may influence your decision. We're going for the Food & Wine Festival and originally I wanted to stay onsite for EE mornings, but the need for a suite overcame my need for EE. Now, that EE's been cut I'm glad we're not staying onsite. Money was a real issue this trip. I wish that PL would come up with a separate suite or condo category. I would have loved getting Doubletree's 2bedroom for 45.00 per night. In August, I tried bidding cheaply on PL trying to pick up two 3* hotel rooms for about $30 per night. I didn't have any luck and booked a two bedroom at Tropical Palms instead. Hey, Lori of the Lodge, will you bid for me on PL next time?

For me, it's a no brainer, WP any day over the All Stars. The rooms at the All Stars are very small (260 sf), the walk from the bus stop or your car can be long, it's noisy, crowded, and being one the the busiest hotels anywhere, it tends to get ragged. But, it's Disney. The food court is nice to have and there's usually activity happening. If you want to immerse yourself in Disney your whole trip, go with the All Stars. If you want a nicer hotel with valet parking, a spa, etc. that's quieter and less "Disney", go for the Wyndham. I stayed at the WP last weekend and we're going there again next weekend. For $48 a night (Priceline), you can't beat it.

JUST WENT IN SEPTEMBER. WE STAYED AT THE ALL STARS. ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT. I WOULD DEFINITELY STAY THERE TO GET THE DISNEY MAGIC STARTED AS SOON AS YOU GOT THERE. EVEN WITH EVERYTHING GOING ON THERE WAS PLENTY OF MAGIC.:D :D :D :D :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter