Wyndham Bonnet Creek vs Vacation Village at Parkway?

61maris61

Mouseketeer
Lots of info on here about WBC, decent amount on VVP, but I have a particular reason for asking:

We'll be staying at WBC for 5 days in mid-August, then moving to VVP for 7 days (we're Wyndham members, purchased on E-Bay; banked points with RCI for VVP). When we get back I'll certainly express my opinions about both locations, but for now if anyone wants to add comments about either or both, please do so.

If it helps, it'll be myself, DW, DS (24), DD (23), DGD (3). We plan on 4 or 5 days at Disney properties, otherwise no major plans except to hit a few restaurants and other attractions.

All comments will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Btw, we'll have a rental car which obviously makes a big difference in planning things.

We are RCI members and have stayed at both WBC and VVP. We were exceptionally pleased with the grounds of WBC in 2011, as well as the pools and other facilities (free miniputt). Our 8 and 6 yr old loved walking the grounds and swimming in the 5 pools. We had a suite for our family of four and loved the space it gave. There was construction on site last year, but didn't affect our resort stay (e.g. noise, dust, etc.)
VVP is a very nice resort as well, we were there two years ago. My sister in law requested one of the newer buildings last August and absolutely loved it! Although you walk a little further between pools/buildings, each pool is different. The main pool offers fun activities each day, though aimed at younger children. Both resorts require your won transportation, but you are still only 5 min. away from the greatest place on earth.

We just returned from 2 weeks in Florida. We spent 3 nights at WBC in a 2BR/2BA unit. We have always stayed on site at WDW, but I read so many positive reports about WBC that we gave it a try and we loved it. It is a beautiful resort, there is a lot to do and the staff was very friendly.

Since you will be in the Orlando area for awhile, here are a couple things we did aside from the Disney parks that we enjoyed:

Gatorland - it is clean and a really fun park. Everyone that worked there was really nice and there is a lot to do. It is a great 1/2 day attraction.

Giraffe Ranch - This is a safari type tour located in Dade City. They also have location a bit closer to Orlando. This was by far the best thing we did on our vacation. You are up close and personal with giraffe, rhinos, lemurs, and camels. The couple who run Giraffe Ranch are so knowledgeable and informative. It is clean and just a fantastic tour. Our DS17 and DS7 equally enjoyed the experiece. And for our DS17 that is a big deal - typical teenage boy! The owner referred us to a local restaurant, Pearls in the Grove, for a late lunch. We went on a Sunday and they served the meal family style. All I can say is wow. Amazing food, service and people.

Have a great vacation!! Enjoy!

Thanks for the very helpful answers thus far. I'll be looking forward to hearing more opinions.

Currently at WBC. No complaints;our 2BR is perhaps a bit smaller than most timeshares we've visited, but spacious enough, and the grounds and buildings are immaculate. Great variety of pools and activities also.

Our living room had one of the defective (peeling) chairs; it was replaced today with a new chair; seems every room on our floor got New chairs.

We're in a corner room in Tower 4; great spot IMO. Overlooks the pond and pools, close to the main building. We were offered Ground floor in Tower 6 plus other options; very happy with this choice. 2 more nights here, then VVP.

Glad you are having a good time. We came back on Friday after spending 3 weeks in building 4. We loved it. No peeling sofas for us!
Can't imagine staying anywhere else now. Have done 4 trips there. Also stayed at SSR 3 times and other Disney resorts but have finally come to conclusion that BC just can't be beaten.

Just back: first 5 nights were at WBC, then 7 nights at VVP.

First things first: both resorts get a 10+ for cleanliness in my opinion; nothing could've been cleaner unless it was brand new. Rooms and grounds all were in great shape. At BC we had Tower 4, Room 977. VVP was Building 15, Room 608A&B. Both were corner rooms, which were quiet locations; BC's balcony overlooked the pond and pools, VVP's view was nothing special, but the corner room had 2 balconies and from the B side we could see the Epcot fireworks. Both resorts were easy driving distance to Disney properties (BC has a shuttle but we used our car).

VVP drawbacks: property is more spread out, didn't feel as secure as BC (no gate to go through to access the property); not a big deal, just mentioning it. Free amenities at BC were charged for at VVP: $10 to use the room safe, $20 for a Pack'N'Play for our 3 yr old GD; $50 for internet use in room (we passed on that - VVP does provide a room with 5 or 6 computers above the check-in area). BC had more activites and felt more like a "resort"; we spent several days just enjoying their pools and lazy rivers. BC offered more room amenities (coffee, popcorn, shampoo, lotions, conditioner). BC also had more cooking utensils, although by having a full kitchen in a VVP full unit and a small kitchen in the B section, there was enough available. My wife used a cookie sheet for a pizza in BC; nothing like that in VVP.

Rooms: our 24 yr old son liked the BC layout better; the rest of us thought the rooms were slightly different, but basically equal. Slightly larger balcony at VVP. I like a firm mattress; both had mattresses a bit on the soft side for my liking.

I'll prob think of more to add, and, if you have any questions I'll try to answer. We do a Dis trip abouot once every 3 or 4 yrs, so I'll check on here for a week or so to see if I can help. I truly appreciated all the info I picked up on here before our trip.

PS: Just read trough for errors and realized I should also mention: BC has several restaurants and bars; VVP doesn't, but there's plenty within short driving distance. Try the Upper Crust Pizza place in Celebration near VVP; nice owner and good pizza and wings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter