Wyndham Bonnet Creek vs Pop

aubriee

<font color=brown><marquee>Chocolate always makes
I have a chance to get a one bedroom unit at Wyndham Bonnet Creek for ten nights for about the same price an AP discounted room at Pop Century would cost for ten nights ($896.00 for WBC vs $879.00 at Pop). I'll be renting a car regardless, so transportation would not play into my thinking. How's Wyndham Bonnet Creek? A fully equipped kitchen, with washer/dryer and a jacuzzi tub sure sounds nice, plus their pools look alot nicer. I usually stay on Disney property though. Then again, Bonnet Creek appears to be inside property too (just not Disney owned).

For the same price, which would you go with: Wyndham Bonnet Creek or Pop Century?

Edited: Oops, I was figuring my price comparisons on what the AP discount is now for Pop. I didn't take into consideration that May was Regular season, not Value season. When I went back and figured the May rack rate at Pop ($1474.00), then 25% off of that, Pop is $1106.00, instead of $879.00, so Pop would actually be $210.00 higher using an AP discount than a one bedroom at WBC would be.

I would definitely try Bonnet Creek for the same money...having all those extra things (plus extra space I'm assuming) for that many days would be really nice IMHO....Will you have to pay for parking at the parks? may want to check on that....otherwise.....I would say go for it!

Let us know what you decide:thumbsup2

We stayed at both POP and WBC in March. It was a first time for us in both locations. I should mention that we are a family of 4 with 2 young kids.

We started off our trip staying at POP. To be honest, I was shocked at how small the rooms were. When the room door opens up it almost touches the bed closest to it. If someone is sleeping on that bed when someone else enters/exits the room they are pretty much on public display to anyone outside.

I did like the convenience of the food court (and refillable mugs). There was a fun family vibe throughout the resort. I did not like having to get up and dressed just to grab a cup of coffee or bite to eat in the morning. The food court was often packed for breakfast so we had to wait for a table.

At WBC, the space was wonderful. We could spread out, unpack, and relax inside our room. We had a view of the Epcot fireworks from our balcony. I could cook breakfast and drink coffee in the comfort of my pjs. The pools were nice but mostly empty, except for a sunbathers. It had a very different feel from POP. Not better, not worse, just different.

As for driving and bus times, they are almost exactly the same for both resorts. However, WBC buses take a mid-afternoon break for a couple of hours. Also, if you have a wheelchair you have to call ahead and let them know each time when you'll be riding the bus. Not all WBC buses are "kneeling" buses.

Without knowing how many people are in your party and their ages, it would be hard for me to suggest one over the other. Hopefully my experiences will help you make a decision.

Good luck!

I have never stayed at Pop, but I have several times at WBC. The rooms are fantastic at WBC, the resort is great. I end up driving to the parks though, because the shuttle transportation didn't work well for me. Although, I didn't mind driving everything is super close. You would enjoy the space.

My brother and his wife stayed at Bonnet Creek last summer and loved it. They said it was so much nicer than the rooms at WDW. My brother has 3 children and they loved the convenience of a kitchen for snacks. The kids loved the lazy river pool. We are DVC members and I'm seriously considering a stay at Bonnet Creek with the idea of purchasing points there.
There's a thread they told me about on the Orlando Hotels and Attractions board here on the Disboards where DSIL found lots of information.

Photo thread
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2701195

Information thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2951974

How much time are you spending at the resort? WBC has more amenities. Would you benefit more from having the DDP or a full kitchen? You can't get DDP at WBC.

I'd go for Wyndham Bonnet Creek. We stayed there once in a 2 bedroom unit, and absolutely loved it. We stayed in one of the newer buildings, which was especially nice, with a pool just a few steps in front of our unit.

If you will have a vehicle, then that's another big plus. I think WBC does have bus transportation to/from the parks, but have no idea how good or bad it might be.

They don't have a ton of food options.....pizza, I think, and a small snack bar where you can get sandwiches, salads, and a few breakfast items, coffee, milk, & soda.

They have several pools there, and also a lazy river that is so pretty.

I think they have organized children's activities, and miniature golf.

You can also buy Disney park tickets there at WBC, but I don't think they have the hopper option.

My brother and his wife stayed at Bonnet Creek last summer and loved it. They said it was so much nicer than the rooms at WDW. My brother has 3 children and they loved the convenience of a kitchen for snacks. The kids loved the lazy river pool. We are DVC members and I'm seriously considering a stay at Bonnet Creek with the idea of purchasing points there.
There's a thread they told me about on the Orlando Hotels and Attractions board here on the Disboards where DSIL found lots of information.

Photo thread

Information thread:

I have both, it is fun to mix and match. I can stretch my points a little. I can stay AKL for a time and take advantage of EMH, then stay at WBC and enjoy some vacation time. If i go to non disney parks i go from WBC. That's if I am driving, if I don't have a car, then I use DME and only stay on site at WDW.

Just stayed at WBC in May. (This was our first stay at a non- disney resort.) We absolutely loved the resort. The space was amazing! The pools and lazy river were wonderful and the fact that it is located on disney property was a great bonus! We were in tower 4 and we could see the fireworks from our balcony- so awesome! The only negatives (for our family)- were that we had to pay for parking everyday (in the parks) and that we were not on the dining plan. We definately plan on staying there again- when free dining is not offered!

If you have an annual pass then parking at the parks is free. I would choose WBC one hundred times over Pop. Much more comfortable room (with more space and amenities) and the resort is incredible!

.Will you have to pay for parking at the parks? may want to check on that....otherwise.....I would say go for it!

Without knowing how many people are in your party and their ages, it would be hard for me to suggest one over the other.

How much time are you spending at the resort? WBC has more amenities. Would you benefit more from having the DDP or a full kitchen? You can't get DDP at WBC.

I'll be solo this trip, which is why I'm unsure if I want all that room in a one bedroom at WBC. I am an AP holder so would not have to pay for parking at the parks, regardless of where I stay. I usually go to WDW 4-6 times a year and stay at a moderate most trips. However, due to a change in my financial situation, it looks like I'll be making fewer trips for the next year or so and would like to cut some expenses, which is why I was considering Pop. However, I found out today that I could rent a fully equipped one bedroom unit at Wyndham Bonnet Creek for about the same price as an AP discounted room would be at Pop.

I make every rope drop, then come back to the resort to relax after lunch (or when the parks start getting crowded), then go back out for dinner, so do spend some time every day at the resort. I usually eat breakfast in the room and like to keep some fruit and juice in the fridge, but would not really use the full kitchen that much. However, I am also not a big fan of the DDP either. I'd eat some meals onsite, but several offsite, plus will be going over to Universal a couple of days, so will be eating some over there.

I'll be solo this trip, which is why I'm unsure if I want all that room in a one bedroom at WBC. I am an AP holder so would not have to pay for parking at the parks, regardless of where I stay. I usually go to WDW 4-6 times a year and stay at a moderate most trips. However, due to a change in my financial situation, it looks like I'll be making fewer trips for the next year or so and would like to cut some expenses, which is why I was considering Pop. However, I found out today that I could rent a fully equipped one bedroom unit at Wyndham Bonnet Creek for about the same price as an AP discounted room would be at Pop.

I make every rope drop, then come back to the resort to relax after lunch (or when the parks start getting crowded), then go back out for dinner, so do spend some time every day at the resort. I usually eat breakfast in the room and like to keep some fruit and juice in the fridge, but would not really use the full kitchen that much. However, I am also not a big fan of the DDP either. I'd eat some meals onsite, but several offsite, plus will be going over to Universal a couple of days, so will be eating some over there.

You will love the one bedroom unit at WBC. They are beautiful.

We stayed at the WBC twi years ago, amazing place, just be careful, the hold alot of conventions there. May want too see which ones are there.

I make every rope drop, then come back to the resort to relax after lunch (or when the parks start getting crowded), then go back out for dinner, so do spend some time every day at the resort.

how often do you use EMH - if alot stay with Pop - if hardly any or not at all - stay with WBC.

stayed at both - they are both very nice. Like the atmosphere more at POP - it is very lively - like the extra room at WBC - go solo too - the extra room at WBC is definitely nice - however be sure not to spread out or you may not be able to find everything when it is time to leave....:3dglasses:scared1:

how often do you use EMH - if alot stay with Pop - if hardly any or not at all - stay with WBC.

stayed at both - they are both very nice. Like the atmosphere more at POP - it is very lively - like the extra room at WBC - go solo too - the extra room at WBC is definitely nice - however be sure not to spread out or you may not be able to find everything when it is time to leave....:3dglasses:scared1:

Good points! I pack light anyway and if staying at WBC, would pack even lighter than usual, since I'd have a washer/dryer in the room. It'd be easy to do carry on only for the eleven days I'd be there. I like morning EMH, but never do evening EMH.

For a solo trip, the difference to me would come down to whether I wanted to take advantage of EMH or not. EMH figures into our trips tremendously, so I love being at a Disney resort. I stayed at Bonnet Creek (the Hilton, not WBC) in October for a business conference and it was very nice. From my room, however, I could see Pop Century and I really pined for it. The shuttle bus transportation was awful -- we ended up taking taxis. You'll have a car, so you'll avoid that problem.

Well I was going to say WBC for sure but since this is a solo trip I think it would depend on how much I wanted the extra space and my own kitchen.:) I did a solo trip earlier this year at POP and thought POP was a great resort for solo travelers - the vibe is fun and being solo the room was just fine for me - I enjoyed seeing people in the morning at the food court and would take my breakfast outside and sit at the hippie dippie pool to eat. I enjoyed the energy at POP as a solo - I liked being around people but my room was in a quiet location. I liked walking over to spy on the Art of Animation Resort which was being built at the time. I think the pools at WBC would be more deluxe if that might factor into your decision.

more space, kitchen - WBC

energy vibe and Disney "care" - POP

Photo thread

Information thread:

I am a DVC member and a gold member at Wyndham. Although I have not stayed at POP, I have stayed at all 3 All Stars. I would go to Bonnet Creek. I had a car and transportation was not a big deal. We also are a family of 4, with a 13 and 10 yr old. The extra space you will have, is a huge plus. They also have grills outside that I utilized every night. Normally, we go for 2 weeks at a time and split time between DVC and BCR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter