Wyndham Bonnet Creek vs Orlando Bonnet Creek?

TinkerMarie

Earning My Ears
I've been reading the Bonnet Creek thread and most people seem to be referring to Wyndham Bonnet Creek when they say "Bonnet Creek".

There is a listing on Booking.com for Wyndham Bonnet Creek 1 bedroom family suite in September for $1224. There is also a listing for Orlando Bonnet Creek for much less, 2 bedroom for $670 (plus tax).

Searching Google for "Orlando Bonnet Creek" brings me to Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, which doesn't look like the Orlando Bonnet Creek on Bookings.com. The pictures look completely different. And when I search for some of the things listed on the Orlando Bonnet Creek listing (for example, La Cocina Pizzeria) the results indicate that those things are at Wyndham Bonnet Creek.

So ... what is this? What is Orlando Bonnet Creek? If it's the same thing as Wyndham Bonnet Creek, why the different listings and large price difference? I thought I had this figured out from reading the Bonnet Creek thread, but now I'm really confused. :confused3

I can't say exactly what the 'Orlando Bonnet Creek" is. I've never heard of anyplace referred that way. I'll go and have a peek on booking.com and see if I can tell what the difference is.

The BC properties are as follows:
Wyndham BC...this is the timeshare
Wyndham Grand BC...this is a hotel
Hilton BC.....this is a hotel
Waldorf Astoria....this is a hotel

I think they're referring to Wyndham Bonnet Creek, although I would certainly double-check before I booked.

At Bonnet Creek, there are four properties. The largest, by far, is the Wyndham Bonnet Creek timeshare -- 6 towers, something over 1200 units. On the same property, and sharing all amenities both ways, is the Wyndham Grand Hotel.

Adjacent to those two properties are the Hilton and Waldorf Astoria hotels, which share some amenities with each other, but not with the Wyndham properties.

On the pricing, if both of those prices are for a full week and both are WBC, the one bedroom price sounds quite high. The 2 BR price is closer to other prices I've seen for similar units at WBC.

The 1 BR strikes me as about double what it should be. My guess is that is a direct booking with Wyndham, rather than a rental from a Wyndham owner...which is the way to go to save money.

Both listings are for the timshare property....Wyndham Bonnet Creek. the pictures and address on both are the same. I've stayed at the timeshare and also at the Hilton so I know what both look like.

Okay, the different name was throwing me off, but if the "Wyndham Bonnet Creek" is direct through Wyndham (and thus more expensive) and the "Orlando Bonnet Creek" listing is really for WBC but through an owner rental (and so it's listed as whatever he/she listed the resort name as) that definitely explains the weird name, separate listings, and price difference.

I bet that's it. Thanks! I was starting to think I needed to read all the threads over again!

Okay, the different name was throwing me off, but if the "Wyndham Bonnet Creek" is direct through Wyndham (and thus more expensive) and the "Orlando Bonnet Creek" listing is really for WBC but through an owner rental (and so it's listed as whatever he/she listed the resort name as) that definitely explains the weird name, separate listings, and price difference.

I bet that's it. Thanks! I was starting to think I needed to read all the threads over again!

Sorry, TinkerMarie, but it would be easier to just not go than to read ALL the threads over again! :rotfl::lmao:

when unsure about a picture, you can copy and paste a hotel picture into the Google Image search box and it will tell you the name of the hotel.

I've been reading the Bonnet Creek thread and most people seem to be referring to Wyndham Bonnet Creek when they say "Bonnet Creek".

There is a listing on Booking.com for Wyndham Bonnet Creek 1 bedroom family suite in September for $1224. There is also a listing for Orlando Bonnet Creek for much less, 2 bedroom for $670 (plus tax).

Searching Google for "Orlando Bonnet Creek" brings me to Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, which doesn't look like the Orlando Bonnet Creek on Bookings.com. The pictures look completely different. And when I search for some of the things listed on the Orlando Bonnet Creek listing (for example, La Cocina Pizzeria) the results indicate that those things are at Wyndham Bonnet Creek.

So ... what is this? What is Orlando Bonnet Creek? If it's the same thing as Wyndham Bonnet Creek, why the different listings and large price difference? I thought I had this figured out from reading the Bonnet Creek thread, but now I'm really confused. :confused3

Tink, I'm with you on this question too. I went to the Dream Res site thats advertised here and there are 2 different Bonnet Creek's like you said. But what I dont get is the price differences. On Dream Res site a:

2br at Wyndham Bonnet Creek is 203 and
2br at Orlando Bonnet Creek is 105.

Can someone tell why there is a price difference? They are the same address and same pictures.

I would love an answer for this too. The Orlando Bonnett Creek 1 bedroom for the week we want to go is roughly $776. It seems a little too good to be true. :confused3

Well sight unseen, I went ahead and booked a 2BR from the travel agency on this site, Dreams Unlimited. I reserved at the Orlando Bonnet Creek for 105 a night, instead of the Wyndham Bonnet Creek at 203 a night. I got an actual email confirmation, so I will have to wait till Dec if I am scammed or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter