Wyndham Bonnet Creek Room Views

1GR8DISNEYFAN

Mouseketeer
I am looking forward to my stay at WBC in Aug., but I am having a hard time deciding on what to do about room choice. The view is very important to me, I would be really unhappy with a low level parking lot view. So I have decided that it would be best to choose a 2 bedroom presidential unit, which I know are all located on the upper floors in tower #6. I have been informed that most 2 bedroom presidential units have a conservation (bascially parking lot and trees) view. But because of being so high up I am thinking you would not notice the parking lot so much. I have seen some pictures and a you tube video of the balcony, and it looks pretty relaxing. My first choice would be a lake view, but I would take a conservation view over a room on the second floor with a parking lot view. If I choose to stay in a delux room I am afraid I am taking my chances of getting a really poor room location. I would love to hear some opinions on how good or bad the conservation view is, and whether or not it is better to accept that I might get a conservation view in a presidential, or take my chances in a delux where I would like an Epcot view or lake view on an upper floor in tower 4, 5 or 6 only. Also, I will be checking in on a thursday, so their might be less to choose from. I am sorry to sound so picky, but when I am on vacation, I want to be able to relax on the balcony and look at something nice. Thanks for any opinions!

I am looking forward to my stay at WBC in Aug., but I am having a hard time deciding on what to do about room choice. The view is very important to me, I would be really unhappy with a low level parking lot view. So I have decided that it would be best to choose a 2 bedroom presidential unit, which I know are all located on the upper floors in tower #6. I have been informed that most 2 bedroom presidential units have a conservation (bascially parking lot and trees) view. But because of being so high up I am thinking you would not notice the parking lot so much. I have seen some pictures and a you tube video of the balcony, and it looks pretty relaxing. My first choice would be a lake view, but I would take a conservation view over a room on the second floor with a parking lot view. If I choose to stay in a delux room I am afraid I am taking my chances of getting a really poor room location. I would love to hear some opinions on how good or bad the conservation view is, and whether or not it is better to accept that I might get a conservation view in a presidential, or take my chances in a delux where I would like an Epcot view or lake view on an upper floor in tower 4, 5 or 6 only. Also, I will be checking in on a thursday, so their might be less to choose from. I am sorry to sound so picky, but when I am on vacation, I want to be able to relax on the balcony and look at something nice. Thanks for any opinions!

This is a tough choice. But before I can answer, are you a WBC owner? Wyndham owner? VIP? This can effect room choice (or choosability if thats a word). If you are a VIP, I believe you can choose your room. When I have booked Tower 6, I have always chosen my room. I have been on both sides of Tower 6, and the lake view is WAY better than the "conservatory" view.I've been in 1112 on the conservatory side, and 1221 on the lake side. The only cool thing about the conservatory side is that you get to see Downtown Disney from your balcony. But lake view at sunset is gorgeous!

Aside from these rooms, I have also stayed in tower 5 with a fireworks view. This is also a conservatory view from that side. But this is a great spot to sight see from if you're high enough. With a good zoom lens, you can actually see Cinderella's castle from this side. And you also get the fireworks from both Epcot and MK.

I haven't stayed in any other tower, so maybe someone can add their 2 cents on those.

Joe

This is a tough choice. But before I can answer, are you a WBC owner? Wyndham owner? VIP? This can effect room choice (or choosability if thats a word). If you are a VIP, I believe you can choose your room. When I have booked Tower 6, I have always chosen my room. I haven't stayed in any other tower, so maybe someone can add their 2 cents on those.

Joe

Thanks for the info Joe. We are not owners, we will be renting. But does this mean that the person I am renting from can choose my presidential unit, or is one assigned? I was wondering how that worked. I was told that since we are staying for more than 7 nights that it might be difficult to get 2 reservations in the same pres unit ( 1 for 7 nights and one for 2 nights) for a total of 9 nights. So I guess getting the same room for 9 nights with a lake view might be expecting too much.:confused3

I've stayed there twice...rented both times and each time specifically requested being in the oldest building..the same one as the check in and model units building with a lake view. Got it both times and really love the location. Note: had a 2bd and a 1bd but never a Presidential unit, altho there is a model of the Pres. unit in that building.

Im never in the room for fireworks so prefer the lake view. needed a close to everything area as one of our party couldn't walk well. The office was very accommodating!

Thanks for the info Joe. We are not owners, we will be renting. But does this mean that the person I am renting from can choose my presidential unit, or is one assigned? I was wondering how that worked. I was told that since we are staying for more than 7 nights that it might be difficult to get 2 reservations in the same pres unit ( 1 for 7 nights and one for 2 nights) for a total of 9 nights. So I guess getting the same room for 9 nights with a lake view might be expecting too much.:confused3

I believe as far as building 6 goes, they assign the room at the time of reservation. If you are renting, they will have to request your room for you. I don't know if this will remain though, because they will have to add a guest reservation with your name on it.

As far as keeping you in the same room for the duration, they will make every effort usually to keep you in the same room. I think I had mentioned that we will be in building 6 in August. We have 11 nights booked over 2 reservations, and we will have the same room for the duration of the stay.

We were at the resort in February. We book-ended a cruise with 2 days on each end at WBC. The first 2 days were in a standard 2 bedroom in Tower 5. That room was assigned 2 weeks before check in. The last 2 nights were in a 2 presidential, and that room I knew when I booked it (#1221).

See if they can make the reservation, request a specific room, and do the guest transfer.

Also, on a side note, Building 6 has it own check in desk, activities area, and its own sales office. The entire building is like a resort all on its own.

Hope this helps.

Joe

Also, on a side note, Building 6 has it own check in desk, activities area, and its own sales office. The entire building is like a resort all on its own.

Hope this helps.

Joe

HI !!
About building #6... Is the construction of the "restaurant" below a noise factor?
I was going to request a lake view, when I found pictures that included this structure in front of the building, I am not sure now whether there will be a lot of noise.
Also you mention the check in desk for building 6, is it open to everyone, or just VIP's? Do you know if it is open all the time?
Thanks for any help!!
(by the way; I am renting, not a vip)

HI !!
About building #6... Is the construction of the "restaurant" below a noise factor?
I was going to request a lake view, when I found pictures that included this structure in front of the building, I am not sure now whether there will be a lot of noise.
Also you mention the check in desk for building 6, is it open to everyone, or just VIP's? Do you know if it is open all the time?
Thanks for any help!!
(by the way; I am renting, not a vip)

To start....

The structure under construction (hotel area) is next to, not in front of building 6. So the lake view is fine. I could see if you were in the 03 or 05 units (1103 1105), they may face the construction a little more. I'd still get the lake view.

As for the noise, we were in 1221 in February. This is probably as close as you can get to the construction. We NEVER heard anything while inside the room. Of course you an hear stuff when you're on the balcony, but you usually don't sleep out there.;)

The check in desk in building 6 is only for building 6. All guests staying in any of the other towers check in at the main building. The presidential units are assigned at the time of booking so you'll know right away if you are in building 6 and what room you're in. I believe it is open all the time too.

Joe

We are renting a 3br presidential next month. Are they all in Tower 6 as well? Does that mean we go straight to Tower 6 to check in and bypass the main building altogether?

Thanks!

I couldn't wait for response here so I called WBC and they told me all 3br pres are in tower 6 and that I could check in directly at Bldg 6-no need to check in at the main building at all.

BTW, for all those interested their phone number is 407-238-3500.

We rented the 4 b/r Presidential unit from Ken Price. I asked if he could put a request on our ressie requesting a newer building since bldg. 1, suite 720 had already been assigned to us and I was afraid they hadn't been refurbished (they have!). He said the 4 br's came assigned (or something to that effect) so I didn't take it any further. We checked in on 4/16/11 around 8 or 8:30 p.m. (I consider this a little late considering c/i is at 4 p.m., but happy since I knew it would help avoid the crowds) and I wondered if our "assigned" suite would be given away, giving us a better opportunity for a newer building. Then, I thought again. I realized how popular bldgs. 4,5, and especially 6 is and wondered if it would just be too loud & overcrowded. I figured I might be sorry if we ended up in one of the newer blds. and figured it would be best to just stay put.

Boy...was I right. We had to check in at bldg. 6 and OMG! It was a MAD HOUSE. People EVERYWHERE. The noise was horrible! We didn't get suite 720 in bldg. 1 (which overlooks the lake & had a beautiful fireworks view). We ended up on the opposite side of the bldg., in suite 725, with the golf course/parking lot as our view, which was QUITE peaceful & relaxing. The suite directly across from us was used as the tour suite daily and kept open at night for us to watch the fireworks :woohoo::cheer2: .

It was a heavenly vacation :cloud9: .

I learned...the most popular, newer bldgs. will have more crowd & noise. We never heard a PEEP until the tours started. And that was minimal noise. ABSOLUTE quiet!

I have just been assigned room number 1913 in tower 6.2 bedroom presidential.

I would be interested to know more about this :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter