Wyndham Bonnet Creek Pay It Forward Bin OUTDATED

Hey just wanted to check in and make sure bin 2 is running smoothly!! We will be there soon so if not I will bring a new one lol

Haven't heard anything on bin 1 :( We are supposed to have it tomorrow but I'm not holding my breath

Help your fellow DISers and PAY IT FORWARD!!!

THIS IS BIN YOU PICK UP AND USE DURING YOUR STAY AND RETURN AT THE END. IF YOU HAVE NO PLANS TO RETURN IT OR WON'T HAVE TIME TO RETURN IT, DO NOT SIGN UP. TOO MANY BINS ARE GOING MISSING!!!!

Please read this entire first post for specifics on how the pay it forward works

Step #1 Check the dates below and if your time frame is available, please send me a PM with your dates, real life name :) and a cell phone number to sign up for the bin. Bins will be assigned based on the order the PM was received. I will only use your DIS name on the post here for privacy, but would like to keep track of names and numbers in case there is a problem.

If your post count is less than 10, post here to reserve a bin and then we can get the PM info once you have enough posts.

Step #2 Once you are assigned a bin, please send a PM with your name and cell phone number to the people both before and after you on the list.

Step #3 Upon check in at WBC, pick up your bin from Bell Services outside the main building.

Step #4 Enjoy the items in the bin throughout your stay.

Step #5 When you are ready to leave, add any unused non-perishable items you have to the bin. DO NOT PUT OPEN ITEMS IN THE BIN!

Step #5 Attach the name and arrival date of the person who has the bin after you

Step #6 Drop off the bin back to Bell Services at the MAIN BUILDING before you leave WBC. Please do not drop off the bin at Bldg 6.

IMPORTANT UPDATE:
Do not rely on bell services to pick up the bin.

If you think you might have a problem getting the bin to storage on your checkout day, take it over the night before.

Remove all old labels and make sure the bin is labeled with the first and last name as well as check in date for the next family

If you are unable to pick up the bin, for whatever reason...please let me know so that we can arrange for the next family to ask for the bin with your name on it

The best way to pick up the bin is to go directly to bell services where the storage area is and ask for it.

Bonnet Creek Pay it Forward 2014 Bin is orange

12/07 - 12/14 Thingy 1
12/19 - 12/22 lilmakattack

01/03 - 01/10 jlhill4444
01/11 - 01/18 Song of the South
01/18 - 01/23 chekhovgirl
02/05 - 02/12 Baltica
02/21 - 02/28 monagh10
02/28 - 03/07 uandmfan (waiting on phone)
03/30 - 04/03 jlhill4444
04/17 - 04/26 can't wait to go!
04/26 - 05/04 tallmouse
05/31 - 06/02 party_of_five
07/26 - 08/03 tinkerbelletreasure
08/11 - 09/01 Portugal1000
09/01 - 09/12 TwoMisfits
09/18 - 09/22 Dis5150
10/11 - 10/18 mommy2jack
11/06 - 11/11 Dis5150
11/28 - 12/05 jsavage4
12/19 - 12/22 lilmakattack

Bonnet Creek Pay it Forward 2014 Bin #2 Bin is teal

01/18 - 01/25 ElizBlair (dropped off)
02/01 - 02/08 EmilyATL (did not pick up)
02/11 - 02/21 tjlamphere
02/22 - 02/27 mrsmomo
03/01 - 03/08 alipink3
04/02 - 04/14 RvingDude
04/23 - 05/06 southbound
05/31 - 06/05 Niki Andinoko
06/05 - 06/12 hikerskibums06 (waiting on phone number)
09/19 - 09/26 woodynjessiesmomma (waiting on name and number)
09/27 - 10/04 Mommy2aPrince
10/17 - 10/24 Chelley00
12/12 - 12/19 pbarager
12/20 - 12/29 choppee

The blacklist
01/10/14 - 01/17/14 EMHDad Last one to have bin 3 and had no contact after trip

Hi hoping to get a bin from 4/12-4/16 - not sure how to pm you

Sent you a pm before I read these last posts. Hoping the bins are restarted/found before our trip in November. Thanks for your help!

Okay, everyone. Here it is. As far as I know from my house 900+ miles away from WBC, both bins are gone. At this point, I'm so over this. I spend a lot of my time updating the post to make sure everyone who requests a bin gets one and then they aren't there. Heck, I wasn't even able to use a bin on my trip in October. I've spent my own money to replace a bin twice. I can't keep babysitting this and spend all this time trying to track down bins. I'm not sure if it's the people who are signing up or if it's WBC that keeps losing the bin, but I'm beyond frustrated and not sure how to keep it afloat.

So, if anyone else would like to take it over, have at it. But I can't keep doing this when people aren't playing by the rules.

So sorry Chelley, this was a wonderful thing at one time, and now it seems that some have taken advantage. I guess it is time to close up and just donate any leftovers to the collection boxes in the lobby.

Completely understandable. I can't imagine trying to do what you have done. Thank you for graciously keeping this afloat for as long as you have. I, personally, have benefitted from it twice in the past. all good things must come to an end.

Okay, everyone. Here it is. As far as I know from my house 900+ miles away from WBC, both bins are gone. At this point, I'm so over this. I spend a lot of my time updating the post to make sure everyone who requests a bin gets one and then they aren't there. Heck, I wasn't even able to use a bin on my trip in October. I've spent my own money to replace a bin twice. I can't keep babysitting this and spend all this time trying to track down bins. I'm not sure if it's the people who are signing up or if it's WBC that keeps losing the bin, but I'm beyond frustrated and not sure how to keep it afloat.

So, if anyone else would like to take it over, have at it. But I can't keep doing this when people aren't playing by the rules.

I can't blame you for giving up, it does take a lot of time/effort to do this, especially when the bins keep going missing. A big thanks to you for staying with it for so long. I wonder if WBC is tired of the bins and just keep tossing them? Though I do know from following this thread for a long time that some people are clearly not following the rules. It's a shame that we can't 'pay it forward' to our fellow disers, but jlhill said, we can always put some stuff in the lobby bins. Not sure where that stuff ends up though? Thanks again!

Chelley, thanks for trying to keep this going...it worked well for me in February of 2012, but 2 week ago, Bin # 2 was nowhere to be found...I was disappointed....I had a good about of stuff left over that would have made it to the bin, but I ended up putting it in the box by the door of our building, Tower I. I hope it gets put to good use and makes its way to people that really need it. We left lots of stuff there. Thanks again for tying to keep the Pay It Forward bins afloat.

Thanks for trying. I think some people didn't take the time to follow the directions. I think we were one of the first people to use it (many years ago). It was great. The last few times I found things just thrown in. Macaroni on top of bounce sheets and the directions were removed from the lids. It's a shame because it was such a nice project.

I just arrived here at WBC and I found bin 2 at the bell services In the main building. It was still labeled for EmilyATL 2/1.
Great News! As of now, I am next in line, but a good month after you leave. If you get a chance, let me know in a PM how Bin #2 looks and hopefully we can keep this going for those already signed up! I would LOVE for Chelley00 to 'Reap the Benefits' of what she started and all her hard work!

I just arrived here at WBC and I found bin 2 at the bell services In the main building. It was still labeled for EmilyATL 2/1.

Holy cow. I was having a really crappy morning and this just made my day! Wouldn't it be lovely if Bin 1 magically reappeared????

I'll get the list updated today and see what we can do.

I was supposed to have bin 1 last week. Checked quickly at the main building the day of check in & didn't see it. Had plans of searching later in the week but unfortunately had a sick child during part of the trip so didn't get around to my search. Hope it turns up as well!

Holy cow. I was having a really crappy morning and this just made my day! Wouldn't it be lovely if Bin 1 magically reappeared????

I'll get the list updated today and see what we can do.
If you don't hear from 02/28 - 03/07 uandmfan or 03/30 - 04/03 jlhill4444 for Bin #1, let me know and I will try to track it down for you when I'm there in April.:thumbsup2

Bummer! I was excited to finally give this a try. We always have so much stuff leftover, too. Do they still have the donation boxes in the downstairs of each tower. I hate to throw things away, but I'm not carting it all the way home. We'll be jam-packed already.

I looked through the bell services at the main building and didn't find Bin 1. We have been so busy I haven't made it to building 6. There was not any type of paper work in or on the the bin other than the name and date.

Great News! As of now, I am next in line, but a good month after you leave. If you get a chance, let me know in a PM how Bin #2 looks and hopefully we can keep this going for those already signed up! I would LOVE for Chelley00 to 'Reap the Benefits' of what she started and all her hard work!

I dropped the Bin off this morning at Bell Services at the Main Building. I was going to make a list of what we put in it, but we ended up rushing when packing.
Items in Bin, from what I can remember:
Samples of lotion, shampoo, conditioner, and toothpaste.
Grocery bag of the resort brand dish soap, dishwasher soap, and laundry detergent.
Resort brand decaf coffee, sugar, and sweetener.
Sunscreen
Sand bucket
Paper towel
Popcorn
Gallon size zipper bags
Organix Shampoo and Conditioner regular size
Dove Body wash sensitive skin regular size
Sunburn Aloe Lotion
Fruit Snacks
PB&J snacks
Several bottles of Dr. Pepper and a couple of bottles of root beer
Toothpaste
Glow bracelets
Chips and Salsa
Oatmeal packets
Stevia packets

I think that is about it.

The Tote is Labeled on the front of it with RVingDude and your date. You will probably have to go in and look for it. At least I did, the guy had no idea what I was talking about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter