Wyndham 72 Hour Sale -- 50% off RETAIL (not RACK) rates

robinb

DIS veteran
This could save off-site folks a lot of money! Sumerfield Suites are included in this special. You must be a Wyndham by Request member to use it, but you can apply on-line and it's free!

http://www.wyndhampromotions.com/72hoursale/

Receive 50% off retail rates when you book online* at any Wyndham Hotel, Resort or Summerfield Suites® by Wyndham - for stays now through November 11, 2003.

This exclusive member-only sale lasts for 72 hours so book today and take advantage of this incredible offer! Choose from exciting Wyndham hotels and resorts throughout Canada, Mexico, Europe, the Caribbean and over 100 U.S. cities, including popular destinations like Boston, Chicago, Dallas, L.A., Miami, New Orleans, Orlando and San Diego. All sales are final. See terms and conditions below.

The 72-hour sale requires a Friday or Saturday night stay in most cases. See terms below.

Thanks for a great post! I'm sure this will help alot of folks save alot of money!

I checked my date (12/23) and the Wyndham Palace was $50! If you're looking for a deluxe resort within walking distance of Downtown Disney, that's a great deal :).

Thanks for this tip! I needed a room in the Fort Lauderdale area for 2 nights in January and just booked the Wyndham Bonaventure for $62.50 per night!!!! Yippee!

Got a $55.00 per night rate......then add 11% Wyndham Palace tax, $8.88 per night resort fee and 11.5% resort tax.........be careful when you book. These added 'taxes' can kill your great rate in no time flat. Final total for this vacation would have been $275.00 for the room itself, $391 taxes included....and that's for 5 nights.

The 11% is not Wyndham "Tax", it's the state tax that you pay on every hotel room.

I got a 2 BR suite at the Summerfield Suites in LBV for $74.50 plus tax per night, it came to $514.17 for six nights. Not too shabby....

Robin, I want to thank you so much!! You saved me lots of money. I'm so excited!! I had a 2 bedroom/2 bath suite booked for August at the Hawthorn Suites near Universal (for $139 nt). I was able to get the Summerfield Suites International Drive for $74.50 a night. This is for a 2 bedroom/2 bath suite also!! I am getting basically the same kind of suite. One of the bedrooms has a queen size bed, the other has 2 double beds. The livingroom has a sofabed. There is a fully equipped kitchen. The only difference is that the Summerfield has a complimentary continental breakfast. The Hawthorn offers a hot breakfast. We are staying for 8 nights. After taxes, we are saving $556. So I can live with the continental breakfast. I checked Hotel Kingdom and Expedia, and the 2 bedroom/2 bath from suites go for around $150 a night at the Summerfield Suites for our dates. So this is truly a great deal. The Summerfield Suites is in a great location, there is a Goodings Supermarket within walking distance. We can stock up that kitchen and save even more money!!! I can't thank you enough!! :)

Originally posted by bluesea718
The 11% is not Wyndham "Tax", it's the state tax that you pay on every hotel room....(snip)....

But in addition to the 11% state tax, there is a Resort Fee of $8.88 per night and a 11.5% Resort Tax. At least that is what the web site says for the DD Wyndham. This is the first place that I have come across that charges state tax plus a resort fee plus a resort tax. It seems excessive to me.

Do all the DD Hotels charge that Resort tax on top of the Florida state tax and a resort Fee????? Does anyone know what the resort fee covers??? Can the resort fee be waived???

robinb,
WOW! What awesome rates! I just got a really good rate at the Phoenix airport! Thanks so much for posting this info.

-DC :bounce:

Originally posted by CarolMN
But in addition to the 11% state tax, there is a Resort Fee of $8.88 per night and a 11.5% Resort Tax. At least that is what the web site says for the DD Wyndham. This is the first place that I have come across that charges state tax plus a resort fee plus a resort tax. It seems excessive to me.

Do all the DD Hotels charge that Resort tax on top of the Florida state tax and a resort Fee????? Does anyone know what the resort fee covers??? Can the resort fee be waived???

I called the DD Wyndam and asked about the fees and taxes. The reservationist said that there is a daily resort fee of $8. The tax (Florida state tax) is 11% for the rest of this year and is calculated on both the room rate and the resort fee. She said that the web site was just trying to show that the tax applied to the resort fee, too. (IMHO, the web site is not very clear).

I was able to get a rate of $55/night at the DD Wyndam. With tax and resort fees, it comes to $69.93 per night. I think that is a bargain for this DD Hotel and grabbed it just before the offer expired. Thank you, robinb, for posting about this offer.

Thank you so much for posting this!! We'll be bringing my daughter to WDW for the college program in January and wanted a hotel near her new "home". I was able to get the 2br suite at Summerfield LBV for $74.50 per night plus taxes! We'll be staying onsite Christmas week and wanted to cut back on our expenses for the Jan. trip. THANK YOU!!!

This sounds almost too good to be true. The link to the 72 hour special still works even though its been several hours past.
The condition was full payment up front with a no cancellation policy. My trip is not till the end of March and I didn't feel comfortable booking this early with this type of cancellation policy.
How do the rest of you folks feel about paying upfront.?

This resort sound great. Robinb Are these 72 hour specials common? I've bookmarked the link and will try again closer to my trip date.

twotime, we did a "pay up front" last year with the Courtyard Marriott. I was totally comfortable doing so, and got a fabulous rate and a great room! We couldn't have gone to WDW without it. I notice, too, that if I were to catch an expedia.ca special, I'd need to pay upfront, too. If they ever have just what I need, I'll jump on it! But you have to know and be comfortable with your own decisions. Good luck!

Did anyone else have some problems with this sale? I reserved 2 weekends when the sale was first announced (not in FL, though) and when they extended the sale, I decided to book a couple more. However, when I went in and punched in the same exact dates for weekends I had checked previously, the rate had nearly doubled. It wasn't that the 72 HOUR SALE rate wasn't available, it was that that rate itself had changed. I only had this problem with one property, all other properties worked fine--if the 72 hour rate wasn't available, it wasn't listed, but when it was available, the rate was right on.

Just as an example, for one weekend, the standard retail rate for this hotel was $79. The '72 HOUR SALE' rate was $75. I wrote to wyndham asking what was up, and after several emails back and forth, they finally understood what I was saying. (They thought I was mistaken, and that the sale rate was no longer available at that property, but my point was that the sale rate WAS available, but it had A. changed in the space of a few days (I had checked these dates at that hotel when the sale first started) and B. did not reflect 50% off the retail rate (since when I went to the hotel website, and punched in the same dates, the ONLY rate that showed was the $79....if the sale price was correct, there should have been a rate available at $150, and there was not.)

Will let you know what happens. From my experience, Wyndham has always offered excellent customer service.

BK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter