Wwyd?

tiff211

DIS Cast Member<br><font color=blue>Was busted by
Dh's best friend from college is getting married on Friday and DH is in the wedding. Tonight is the rehersal/dinner and it's about an hour away. DH works closer to the location so he is just going to drive straight there. It's at 5 but since there is no way i can leave work early since I am just off maternity leave and I am not in the wedding, DH told me just to meet him for the dinner. (He told me his friend is fine with this). So, I was goin to pick up the girls from daycare, bring them home, get them settled and then head up. Dsis is babysitting. But then I realized DD5 will be with DH because she goes to school where he teaches. They leave the house at 6:00 so that is a really long day for her as it is. DH's friend is her godfather so he is ok with her being there. I called DH and asked him if it would be ok if I just met him to pick her up and not go tonight, because of the rush and also I HAVE to take care of an order for my home parties. My Dsis called and said she would pick up DD so that eases some of the craziness but I still have to drive an hour away for the dinner and drive back. DH said if it is too much than he is fine going by himself. I have never been to a rehersal dinner, neither one of us have been in a wedding before so is it bad if I am not there with him. He would never say he really wanted me to be there, anyway. If it is best that I be there, I can make it work. Any thoughts?

I think under the circumstances it is fine that you don't go. Sounds like alot of trouble especially having the kids. Personally I have been in quite a few weddings, and rehersal dinners are really more for the wedding party. I say stay home and don't stress. But have a blast a the wedding.

I have been to rehersal dinners before and it is a nice small gathering of people in the wedding and their partners and out of town guests. I would recommend that you go.

It is expected that the wedding party's spouses get invited to the rehearsal dinner but it is not necessary that you be there also. I would say that you can stay home especially given the circumstances with your children etc. I'm sure the bride and groom would understand.

I would stay home, but have a GREAT time at the wedding.

Unless you are also really good friends with the couple I don't think you need to go. How many are in the wedding? I know someone who just got married and they had 26 people in the wedding. If it is that large the only one who will miss you would be your husband! If a lot of his college friends will be there it will give him a chance to catch up with them. I wouldn't worry about it, skip the rehersal and have a great time at the wedding.

I think with the craziness if your schedule it would be ok if you skip it but I also think it depends on the formality of the dinner. Some rehearsal dinners are fancy and the dinners are quite expensive so it might be rude to back out last minute and have the couple or the parents pay for a dinner that would be eaten. I have been to other dinners that are very informal, at a home or at a restaurant but it's a buffet as opposed to a sit down dinner. Check with your husband and see what kind of dinner it is (formal or not) and the venue and let that guide your decision....good luck :)

If I were in your situation - as described & my Sis could pick up the daughter, I would go & enjoy the evening. The rehersal dinner will be much more relaxed than the reception. Your DH won't have "responsibilties" - toasts, photos, bridal party dances.... at the rehersal dinner.
You sound like me. Over the years I learned something about myself. I often wonder if social events are worth the effort - rearranging schedules, making arrangements for my boys - even if they are going, entertainment/wardrobe... have to be taken into account. 95% of the time, I am glad that I made the effort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter