• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WWYD?

NotTheBatesMotel

Mouseketeer
Quick background: we're (2 adults and a soon to be 9 year old) staying on property for the first time in a bit and I can't decide which property/properties to book. We're going for 8 or 9 nights in late June. My husband is a freelancer and has to work part of the trip so the appeal of a suite/more space is real, but not 100% necessary. I will be able to take my son to parks or the pool if my husband needs quiet space to work. If YC was available the whole stay I'd pick that in an instant, but it's not. I checked Fort Wilderness cabins too but they're only available part of our dates. Any input is appreciated!

Here are our choices:
1. Split stay. 4 nights at Yacht Club and 5 nights in an Art of Animation suite
2. 9 nights in an Art of Animation suite
3. 8 nights at Contemporary in a Garden Wing room (significantly cheaper than the options above)

CR. I'm a sucker for original WDW. Nothing more original than CR. Great food options nearby on the monorail line and within the resort. The monorail zipping by is whimsical. MK is within walking distance. Bay Lake is bliss.

Also, is there anything more romantic on the face of the earth than the...Electric Water Pageant. Holy smokes!

Vote #1
We LOVE split stays. It's like a whole new vacation 1/2 through the trip. Always do splits.

Own at BCV but have stayed at YC several times. Love the quiet, upscale ambience very much. We love it for a split stay especially. Such a contrast from other resorts. Especially a noisy 'child' resort like AofA.

Have you looked at Old Key West or Saratoga Springs? They will be the cheapest suite options, and the rooms might be a little quieter for getting work done.

Have you looked at Old Key West or Saratoga Springs? They will be the cheapest suite options, and the rooms might be a little quieter for getting work done.
They're completely sold out our dates! I checked the DVC rental websites and they're sold out there too.

CR. I'm a sucker for original WDW. Nothing more original than CR. Great food options nearby on the monorail line and within the resort. The monorail zipping by is whimsical. MK is within walking distance. Bay Lake is bliss.

Also, is there anything more romantic on the face of the earth than the...Electric Water Pageant. Holy smokes!
We ended up going with CR! I'm pretty excited-we've never stayed close to MK aside from ferrying over from Fort Wilderness.

CR would have been my vote. I like split stays, too, but it could be a hassle to juggle that if he is working on your moving day and you are all stuck without accommodations for a big chunk of the day. The standard rooms at CR are also quite large, and the location is of course fantastic. (Although it is at Yacht Club, too!) With a 9 year old, you may be spending more time at MK, too, and it is just so convenient from CR. Have fun!

CR would have been my vote. I like split stays, too, but it could be a hassle to juggle that if he is working on your moving day and you are all stuck without accommodations for a big chunk of the day. The standard rooms at CR are also quite large, and the location is of course fantastic. (Although it is at Yacht Club, too!) With a 9 year old, you may be spending more time at MK, too, and it is just so convenient from CR. Have fun!
Thanks! I love split stays since we get to experience 2 different resorts but he hates them. That + saving almost $1,000 over the other options won us over. We are really looking forward to it!

Quick background: we're (2 adults and a soon to be 9 year old) staying on property for the first time in a bit and I can't decide which property/properties to book. We're going for 8 or 9 nights in late June. My husband is a freelancer and has to work part of the trip so the appeal of a suite/more space is real, but not 100% necessary. I will be able to take my son to parks or the pool if my husband needs quiet space to work. If YC was available the whole stay I'd pick that in an instant, but it's not. I checked Fort Wilderness cabins too but they're only available part of our dates. Any input is appreciated!

Here are our choices:
1. Split stay. 4 nights at Yacht Club and 5 nights in an Art of Animation suite
2. 9 nights in an Art of Animation suite
3. 8 nights at Contemporary in a Garden Wing room (significantly cheaper than the options above)
Can you do half YC and half Contemporary? YC and AoA are both good for transportation to HS and Epcot. Contemporary is good for transportation to MK. So, it would make more sense that way for easy transportation to parks.

Can you do half YC and half Contemporary? YC and AoA are both good for transportation to HS and Epcot. Contemporary is good for transportation to MK. So, it would make more sense that way for easy transportation to parks.
Or half CR and half AoA.

You'll love being able to walk to MK. If the monorail is currently running, you'll enjoy checking out the other resorts on the loop. WL is also just a boat ride away. Check on the restaurants in those resorts as well. We prefer those options to what's in the parks.

I love CR! The ability to walk to MK is awesome, and I love to watch the monorail zoom through the lobby. Rooms are very spacious, and the Contempo Cafe is my favorite QS any place on property! Enjoy!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter