WWYD? This year or next?

saraheliz

DIS Veteran
So we asked for $$ for Christmas instead of gifts so we can do a family vacation- we got enough to cover hotel/tickets at WDW. We are debating whether we should go to Disney this year or wait a year and try to go next year- girls will be 5 and 3 in May.

My initial thought was to go this spring (late April/early May) before DD4 starts Kindergarten next year, b/c then I won't want to pull her from school.
But now I'm rethinking that b/c we live in NH- Feb. and April vacations are very late here and so it's not a huge issue (this year they're the week of Feb going into March, and then the very last week of April).

Other thoughts:
This year:
Youngest DD will still be 2 (so free).
Older DD is finally 40 inches but TT and BTMRR will be closed.
Younger DD will be 36-37 inches.
Fantasyland expansion not opened yet.
We can't afford to go that often, so if we go this year we will be able to go again in 4-5 years...so the sooner we go, the sooner we can go again.
We'd have to stay in value, maaaybe mod but most likely value.

Next year:
Youngest DD will be 3/4 (so we will have to pay for tickets and more food in terms of buffets, etc).
Younger DD might be 40 inches and able to go on more rides.
Some of Fantasyland expansion will be open (BUT, will this make it more crowded?).
If we wait until next year, it will be longer until we can go again.
We might be able to stay mod.

When would you go if these are the factors?
I should add I took my older DD when she was about to turn 3 and she had the time of her life, so I'm not worried about the youngest being too young.

If it were me, I'd go this year. You save the cost of one child by your youngest still being free everything. I'd definitely stay value. We've stayed both, my kids prefer the value theming over the Mod's. That will also give you a little flexibility in other things like souvenirs, food, or saving the difference to start the next vacation fund. My vote is for this year. Good luck with whatever you choose!

I would go this year. There are a lot of rides they can go on. Just because they are tall enough, doesn't mean they will want to ride the "big" rides.

ETA: My kids really like the value hotels,too. They would rather stay there and spend extra money in the parks.

So we asked for $$ for Christmas instead of gifts so we can do a family vacation- we got enough to cover hotel/tickets at WDW. We are debating whether we should go to Disney this year or wait a year and try to go next year- girls will be 5 and 3 in May.

My initial thought was to go this spring (late April/early May) before DD4 starts Kindergarten next year, b/c then I won't want to pull her from school.
But now I'm rethinking that b/c we live in NH- Feb. and April vacations are very late here and so it's not a huge issue (this year they're the week of Feb going into March, and then the very last week of April).

Other thoughts:
This year:
Youngest DD will still be 2 (so free).
Older DD is finally 40 inches but TT and BTMRR will be closed.
Younger DD will be 36-37 inches.
Fantasyland expansion not opened yet.
We can't afford to go that often, so if we go this year we will be able to go again in 4-5 years...so the sooner we go, the sooner we can go again.
We'd have to stay in value, maaaybe mod but most likely value.

Next year:
Youngest DD will be 3/4 (so we will have to pay for tickets and more food in terms of buffets, etc).
Younger DD might be 40 inches and able to go on more rides.
Some of Fantasyland expansion will be open (BUT, will this make it more crowded?).
If we wait until next year, it will be longer until we can go again.
We might be able to stay mod.

When would you go if these are the factors?
I should add I took my older DD when she was about to turn 3 and she had the time of her life, so I'm not worried about the youngest being too young.

bolded above. You should really go this year.

As for the height. Our first trip DD was over the 40 inch mark DS was not, we just did the rides that all of us could do. DD didn't know we didn't do all the rides. Next trip back we had alot of new things to try.

Thanks for the opinions!
Of course, I spent the morning with a friend who is going the exact week we want to go, so now I'm convinced I must get there this year! :)

If you decide to go next year, I think you can buy vouchers or your tickets now, at this years prices, and use them next year, without having to pay the difference. Park ticket prices go up *every year* without fail.. so doing that, if you have the money for them now, would help you save money next year!

--heather

I would go this year - while it makes more sense financially, you just never know what the future may bring right? Go now while you are all here. Healthy, happy and have the $$ to do so! Embrace each day as if it were you last and enjoy your life NOW!!! :)

Sounds like you're already convinced for this year! That's my vote too. Plus if you go around the same time as your friend you can share photopass numbers and get the same thing for half the price, and you might find other ways to save too. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter