• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WWYD??? Split stay advice needed.

amccu18007

DIS Veteran
We are headed down in June of 2018 for a dance in MK for my daughter. We are staying at the Swan as we are traveling as part of a group and that is where she is required to be. We plan on staying 2/3 additional nights on either side of the 3 night swan visit. Where should we stay? Party would consist of me, my mom, a 10yo and a 12yo. We own at Poly and BWV but are open to stay anywhere. We go a few times a year so resort time is important to us. Suggestions from those who do split stays?

BWV or BCV are closest and might make the transfer seem easiest

For a studio stay, Poly would work best (2 showers and sinks)
For a 1BR, BLT and Kidani get 2 full bathrooms.

If you are not park heavy, and want to do a lot of resort time, then AKV can be a lot of fun (Jambo for studio or Kidani for 1BR)

It looks like you stayed at Beach Club in 2015. But, the rooms weren't done with their renovation by then. You should do the split stay at Beach Club and experience the new renovated rooms. They are gorgeous!

Plus, I think this is a great resort. You have great access to everything over at Boardwalk and Yacht club. Just a great all around hotel.

Do you plan on doing any parks on those extra days? If so, which ones? Or are you just doing resort time for those extra days? For us, these two items would totally play into the decision of where we decided to stay.

Do you plan on doing any parks on those extra days? If so, which ones? Or are you just doing resort time for those extra days? For us, these two items would totally play into the decision of where we decided to stay.
We are AP holders so I am sure we will do something everyday but I am not sure which ones. Our typical day involves early park time, resort/pool time, table service meal( sometimes signature) and either retire early or catch fireworks.

It looks like you stayed at Beach Club in 2015. But, the rooms weren't done with their renovation by then. You should do the split stay at Beach Club and experience the new renovated rooms. They are gorgeous!

Plus, I think this is a great resort. You have great access to everything over at Boardwalk and Yacht club. Just a great all around hotel.
We LOVE the BC/YC. We haven't stayed there in awhile and have not yet experienced the new rooms. I think that may be on the list. Thank you!

Looks like you've stayed in just about every area of WDW except WL. Since you're already spending 3 nights in the EPCOT/HS area, I would give BRV or CCV a try.

We are trying to stay at a diff. resort every time and so far VWL has been our favorite. I know its not for everyone but we find the atmosphere and theming so relaxing... like another vacation within your vacation .

I would try out BRV/CCV to check out all of the new updates and also to be closer to MK for a couple of days during your stay. You could also go check out Ft. Wilderness while you are there. If the kids like horses, you might want to check out the Tri-circle D ranch over there.

Have a great trip!

I would say keep your options open -- you are already staying at the EP area so maybe AKV or try out the new CC.

We are AP holders so I am sure we will do something everyday but I am not sure which ones. Our typical day involves early park time, resort/pool time, table service meal( sometimes signature) and either retire early or catch fireworks.
Maybe try and book where you want to book a TS reservation -- so if you wanted to try Saana then book AKV -- then you can try to make a quick trip to AK park to see pandora at night. BRV or CC could be a good spot with fairly easy access to many monorail dining options and a quick trip to MK for fireworks.

Start looking at availability a month or so ahead -- see what is open and just do a pro/con list for each one available to weed out and narrow down what you really want. Might boil down to a resort you haven't stayed at, what points you want to spend and where you might want to dine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter