WWYD- Reservation for "3"

disneypanda11

Mouseketeer
I'm in a bit of pickle...

We've been trying to find a reservation at Yachtsman for our final evening at WDW. We are usually pretty time-flexible, except for this night because we need to plan accordingly for our DME pickup (expected pickup for approximately 7:15).

The earliest reservation for 2 people I can find is 6:20, and we've dined at Yachtsman before and know that will be not get us out anywhere near in time for our pickup.

However, when the search was in for 3 people, a 5:05 pm is available. I'll be honest, I feel a little funny about holding a reservation for 3 and then showing up with 2. Will be charged a cancellation for the 3rd "no-show" person? Would you do this?

That's so weird. Is it possible to call the restaurant and ask them if they can hold a table for 2 for that time? I'm sure they could help you out, but I would feel funny holding an extra "spot" when I had no intention of filling it. Even though you're likely to get the same size table, no matter if you're 2 or 3 people.

I would book for the 3 and not feel bad about it. You will nto be charged for only turning up with 2 and it seems ridiculous that a table for 3 is available but not 2. Go for it!

Thanks guys, I'm scratching my head too about the availability. My only thought is that maybe all the 2-tops are reserved and so they'll be seating us at a 4 top (expecting 3). You'd think the system would be smart enough to understand if a table can accommodate 3, it can certainly accommodate 2!

Thanks guys, I'm scratching my head too about the availability. My only thought is that maybe all the 2-tops are reserved and so they'll be seating us at a 4 top (expecting 3). You'd think the system would be smart enough to understand if a table can accommodate 3, it can certainly accommodate 2!

Some places DO have three tops! My two oldest daughters and I ate at one at Ohana. I'd still book it, though. ;)

That's so weird. Is it possible to call the restaurant and ask them if they can hold a table for 2 for that time? I'm sure they could help you out, but I would feel funny holding an extra "spot" when I had no intention of filling it. Even though you're likely to get the same size table, no matter if you're 2 or 3 people.

You cannot call a Disney restaurant and make ADR reservations directly with them. You have to go thru the Disney Dining reservation system. The only restaurants that have their own reservations in addition to Disney Dining are some of the non Disney owned and operated ones at Disney Springs.

Most restaurants have 2 tops for 1-2 guests and 4 tops for 3-4 guests. Plus larger tables for larger parties. Very few restaurants have 3 tops (Ohana does) So booking for 3 would put them at a 4 top. Obviously their 2 tops are already booked. Since they won't be penalized for showing up with 1 less person, and this is a strategy that is often used, I would have no problem doing this.

Having said that, OP I hope you are staying at BC/YC if you hope to make your bus on time even with that earlier time.

You cannot call a Disney restaurant and make ADR reservations directly with them. You have to go thru the Disney Dining reservation system. The only restaurants that have their own reservations in addition to Disney Dining are some of the non Disney owned and operated ones at Disney Springs.

Most restaurants have 2 tops for 1-2 guests and 4 tops for 3-4 guests. Plus larger tables for larger parties. Very few restaurants have 3 tops (Ohana does) So booking for 3 would put them at a 4 top. Obviously their 2 tops are already booked. Since they won't be penalized for showing up with 1 less person, and this is a strategy that is often used, I would have no problem doing this.

Having said that, OP I hope you are staying at BC/YC if you hope to make your bus on time even with that earlier time.

Good to know! I guess I can see how it could be overwhelming to take ADRs by phone AND online system for Disney restaurants. I hereby retract my earlier and statement and say Go for it and enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter