• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WWYD? POLY vs. yacht club? Club level with small kids

krissypoo1975

Earning My Ears
I think we've decided to take an impromptu trip to Disney before my oldest DD turns 10 and my youngest DD turns 3. Actually she will turn three on our last day there! What great birthday, plus my DH and I will celebrate our 14 th anniversary.

So we will be taking DD 9 , DD 8, DS 4, and DD 2.99 (lol). We can take advantage of the room only discount. Yacht club and Poly are still open. I can't decide which I would rather stay at. I've always wanted to stay at Poly but Stormalong Bay looks amazing! The themeing of the Yacht club seems a bit boring and I don't want the kids to be let down after staying at WL last time. Ugh I'm so confused!

Plus would we need the dining plan? We love to eat. Lol. Plus we have a lot of kids. Would I be smarter buying tickets from undercover tourist to save a few bucks?

I appreciate any and all feedback. I need to book ASAP before the rooms are gone. Beach club was available which is where we were going to stay. Thank you!

I posted this by accident in the code section. I'm trying to get that one closed

I'm sure you won't go wrong, really, but I am just going to give you my opinion. Not only does the Yacht Club not appeal to me (nothing bad about it--just not one of the resorts that calls to me), but we just stayed at the Poly on our recent trip and LOVED it. Poly CL is a great option for families. The lounge is really big (it's pretty small at the YC if I am not mistaken), the theme is so relaxing, view is amazing, there are families everywhere. We really liked the Hawaii building location, and our room was very close to the lounge so it was super easy to pop down there for a snack.

I know SAB is supposed to be phenomenal but we really did enjoy the volcano pool. It's small, but we didn't actually have a problem (and it was July). My older son said the waterslide was fantastic.

Anyway, like I said, I don't think the YC would be a bad choice, but I am guessing that for younger kids, they'd enjoy everything about the Poly more. Good luck deciding!

I think we've decided to take an impromptu trip to Disney before my oldest DD turns 10 and my youngest DD turns 3. Actually she will turn three on our last day there! What great birthday, plus my DH and I will celebrate our 14 th anniversary.

So we will be taking DD 9 , DD 8, DS 4, and DD 2.99 (lol). We can take advantage of the room only discount. Yacht club and Poly are still open. I can't decide which I would rather stay at. I've always wanted to stay at Poly but Stormalong Bay looks amazing! The themeing of the Yacht club seems a bit boring and I don't want the kids to be let down after staying at WL last time. Ugh I'm so confused!

Plus would we need the dining plan? We love to eat. Lol. Plus we have a lot of kids. Would I be smarter buying tickets from undercover tourist to save a few bucks?

I appreciate any and all feedback. I need to book ASAP before the rooms are gone. Beach club was available which is where we were going to stay. Thank you!

I posted this by accident in the code section. I'm trying to get that one closed

My choice would be the Poly. We've stayed at the BC (although not CL) and while we did like the resort, we prefer the Poly for many reasons including its theme, large rooms, location, pool, beach, and dining options (both CS and TS). We thought SAB was nice, but we love the volcano pool at the Poly more as it backs up to the beach and has a distant view of the castle while swimming. I can't compare club levels as we haven't experienced that at either resort, but as far as the resorts overall, the Poly would our choice without hesitation.

We stayed CL at the Poly in December of 09 with a 2 yr old and an almost 6 yr old. We absolutely loved it. We loved watching Wishes at night from the lagoon. We loved being able to hop on the monorail and head to MK which is where we spend most of our time with our little kids (even though they are almost 6 and 10). It's still their favorite park. The kids really, really loved the pool there too. I want to stay CL again at the Poly more than any other resort. Even though we've only stayed there once, it's by far our favorite resort. When we do get a chance to head back to Disney, I don't think we'll stay anywhere else but the Poly.

I'd have to go with YC. We stayed there on our last trip. Not only IS the pool amazing with its' sand-bottom area, whirlpool, and cool slide, but you're within walking distance to two parks. It's really nice to have the option to take a boat back to your resort and rest your feet at the end of the day! And it's great to pop over quickly to Epcot for a snack or a quick drink and be back at your hotel room right away! If you've got hoppers, it's easy to do some time at Epcot and then run over to MK via monorail. You can almost completely miss out on the buses if you want!

You're also near the BW for all their entertainment and places to eat. The couch beds at YC are very, very comfortable - I almost slept on one instead of sleeping in the bed! I would recommend YC.

I would have to go with the Poly. We have done CL several times now and we all love it. The beach is right there with a view of the castle. You can watch Wishes from the beach or the lounge or even your room if you have a lagoon or theme park view. The pool is awesome. There are also tons of kids activities going on around the resort daily. Pool games, crafts, smores at the fie pit, hula lessons, and movies. Ohana which is their table service restaurant also has a character breakfast and there are kids games all through dinner. You can't beat jumping on the monorail and going to MK or Epcot either. Plus it is a very relaxing calming resort.

After having just stayed at Poly for the first time, I have to say that would be your best choice with little ones. I have always loved BC and YC (and still do), but the ease of jumping on the Monorail for MK is priceless!! The pool activities each day seemed to be enjoyed by the kids so much!

With the pool being smaller, it would be much easier to keep track of the kids.

While we didn't stay CL at Poly, I have seen pics of the inside and it looks much larger! Not to mention our room was so big, it would be comfy for your family.

If you do decide to stay YC, this is also a very nice resort (especially for EPCOT evenings), but I think your trip will be spent more at MK making Poly a great choice.

Thanks so much for the insight and replies. I think we are going with the Poly. I've wanted to stay there for a really long time so we are going to splurge a bit. I am so excited. Disney is my happy place

Enjoy! I believe that you made a great decision to stay at the POly. It's our choice with smal kids too!

Thanks so much for the insight and replies. I think we are going with the Poly. I've wanted to stay there for a really long time so we are going to splurge a bit. I am so excited. Disney is my happy place

You won't regret it....the Poly is an amazing resort :goodvibes.

The CL staff at the YC was fabulous with our DS when he was 3! He caught a bit of a tummy bug and they even sent balloons and coloring sheets up with his soup. Jean was so friendly and they even made sure there was a chocolate milk waiting for him when we got back in the evening. Little stuff, but it made the trip special...I know the Poly has its fans, but didn't find it to be all that and a bag of chips and was shocked by the poor maintenance and dirty accommodations our last trip there.

Good luck and wishing you Pixie Dust whatever you chose.

You won't regret your decision. Poly CL is pure magic. And with your young ones, it will make life so easy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter