• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WWYD? One evening Disney??

jlm

Mouseketeer
:goodvibesSo I will be in Orlando for a training from Friday-Sunday. The only down-time I have is Saturday evening starting at 6pm. I am staying right by the airport for the training. Which I am guessing is about a 60.00 each way cab ride.

I may or may not have others wanting to split the fare. So it could possibly be around 15.00 each way. Of course a 1 day park pass is around 85.00. Magic Kingdom is open until 1am. DTD is open until 2am-no passes needed.

So I am a Disney freak....love love love everything about it!! I am not rich-I work hard for my money! Again-I am crazy about Disney! :thumbsup2

Senario #1: Share cab...30.00 rt. Magic Kingdom for the evening 85.00+food & souvies (I have kids). Could stop at a grocery store and grab something quick.

Senario #2: Share cab 30.00 rt. DTD-eat at Earl of Sandwich...dessert at Ghiradalli around 20.00 (for both) plus I would have to buy some souvies.

Senario #3: Save the money-layout at the pool and sulk that I am this close to Disney and not going.

Senario #4: You suggestion :)

I have no guarentee anyone will want to cab share with me. :scared:
I have early training Sunday 9am-1pm, with a flight out at 3...which will take me on a connection and I won't be home until 1230am Sunday evening. I also will have to work on Monday. :guilty:

So......what would my fellow Disney crazed people do??
TIA,
Jen :goodvibes

Hmmm, wow, that's a hard one....I love the parks, but, I would probably do senario # 2..by doing this you will be engulfed in Disney without the high cost..and who is to say, that the parks will be so busy you will not be able to enjoy the whole thing..enjoy whatever you decide:)

If you haven't checked out the new Fantasyland and don't plan on making it back for a while I'd go with option 1.

Otherwise Option 2 with a balloon ride sounds great. I love EoS and DTD is my only chance to eat there.

Option 1. IMO DTD just doesn't compare! If you are going to spend the money to get there on cab fare, then I say go all out. It will probably be something you'll always remember - a few hours at Disney be yourself late into the night, trying to keep yourself awake for work the next few days :) Sounds like a fun adventure.

Option #3- Totally out of the question. Loving Disney, my feeling is if you are anywhere near the vicinity (which may include the state of Florida), you go! No sulking.

Option #2 - Close but no brass ring! I would not count on the balloon ride if the weather is not great. This option is just a teaser. You can shop, eat but would it be worth the cost of the cab or a rental car?

Option #! - Park open to 1:00 a.m. That's a plus. $120 cab RT - it's almost cheaper to rent a car. Sleep - you could sleep on the plane! But then, imagine how much grief you would get when the family finds out that you went to WDW without them! Casey's hot dog for food or somewhere inexpensive.

The only difference between Options 1 & 2 is that you have to purchase a park ticket. You probably will find someone to share the ride with you - not many people say no to Disney. My choice would be Option 1. All in all - GO FOR IT!!!!!:yay:

I would go for option 1 since the MK is open until 1am. As for transportation, we are getting off the dream next week and I was able to get an SUV from budget for $42 for the day. We are going to DTD for the day before our flight. (Btw I know that's your option 2, but we are a family of five so no one day tickets for us, and we will be back in August). Anyway, check the car rental prices as it may be cheaper, even with the parking fee.

Have fun!

I sooooo appreciate all your advice!! It has made me realize I am not crazy for wanting to spend 6 hours and way too much money for Disney!! I just realized that the day I will be going (5/18) is my quite smoking anniversary date!! :cool1: How perfect is that!?!

I will for sure check out the rental option, and play it by ear for the weather! So fun!

Thanks again!!
Jen;)

:) I thought they had special discounted ticket prices for after 4 p.m. Maybe that is just my wishful thinking for you.

:) Maybe it was just a special convention offer when we stayed at Swan.

If you can swing it, definitely #1 - my DSIS and I went to Universal years ago with our two youngest on a March Break trip, and needing our Disney fix spent $60 on a cab ride to DTD, and although that was fun, it actually made us miss the parks even more. Car rental companies sometimes have great last-minute weekend rates for as little as $19.99/day, so definitely look into that, especially if you are going alone, as then you can come and go as you please. Don't forget you have to pay for parking, unless you park at DTD, go to a nearby resort, and transfer to a park bus. Whatever you decide, enjoy your 'me' time away :goodvibes

I am not sure of your budget, but if you can, #1!
Think of it this way, what is more likely:

1) You went to MK from 6:00 to 1:00am and regretted the money
2) You went to DD, saved a little bit of money, and regretted not going to MK

I should think that #2 is th eone you would regret more

I am convinced I need to do #1!! :thumbsup2 I have enough Disney reward points to pay for my tkt!! :goodvibes

Is picking up my rewards card at Magic Kingdom easy and line free?? Don't want to be wasting precious Disney time. ;) Or do I pay the 10.00 to have my card shipped next day?

Jen
-I am SOOOO excited!!:rotfl:

I know you can pick up your rewards card at DTD guest relations. Not sure if you will have time for that though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter