• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WWYD? Jambo House/Kidani

jus to note--almost all standard views in Jambo are of the pool and very nice. Some are like the one posted above with a SAV view with a holding pen (also reclassified). We love stayin in the lodge-easy to get to the Mara for quick food, and the pool is larger. There is also a great sauna in the gym, nice for winter. We stayed this Christmas and loved it.

Yes! We are totally snowed in!! It's ok hubby's restaurant is closed until tomorrow so none of us need to go anywhere!

Good that you are settled in! We have gotten nothing from this storm, but 50 miles south of us has been hit hard.
We were going to Cape May this weekend, but have changed our plans.

Good that you are settled in! We have gotten nothing from this storm, but 50 miles south of us has been hit hard.
We were going to Cape May this weekend, but have changed our plans.
good idea! Save Cape May until the tulips come up!!

It has been since 2010 that we've stayed at Kidani and we've never stayed at Jambo! Our booking window for December is open so now we're torn..

5 adults/3 children ..

Two Bedroom Standard View at Kidani (which I previously disliked the view) 155 pts

or 3 standard view studios at Jambo?! 180 pts

What would YOU do?

We have stayed I both and I much much prefer Kidani. To be honest, I don't like the views at Jambo due to the amount of building in them. I like the building floor plan of Kidani much better if I am going to spend points on views. I was that disappointed compared to Safari view with Kidani.

That said, depending on your group make up, I don't know that the studios would connect or how near one another they would be. How important is that to you?

I would much prefer the 2BR with kitchen at Kidani than several studios with Savannah view at Jambo.

Our next visit is Kidani standard as we didn't want to spring for safari view so that we could use less points.

I would recommend the same as that is exactly what we have booked. (I see you booked the 2BR standard at Jambo. I'm sure it will be great. Enjoy your trip.)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter