• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WWYD? Jambo House/Kidani

supersuperwendy

any happy little thought?
It has been since 2010 that we've stayed at Kidani and we've never stayed at Jambo! Our booking window for December is open so now we're torn..

5 adults/3 children ..

Two Bedroom Standard View at Kidani (which I previously disliked the view) 155 pts

or 3 standard view studios at Jambo?! 180 pts

What would YOU do?

Depends on the actual unit makeup of your 5/3 mix. How do the adult/child groups split into 3 studios?

With the 2br at Kidani, you get two queen beds, two pull-out sofa sleepers, and one pull out sleeper chair. 3 bathrooms, one with jetted tub. Full kitchen. Everyone in the same room together.

With the 3 studios, you get three queen beds and three pull-out sofa sleepers. 3 bathrooms. 3 kitchenettes. No guarantee that you'll be anywhere close to one another.

It's up to you to make the decision of which is best for your circumstances.

The Kidani is a no brainer I suppose.. we can't beat the points and size. I just really hated our standard view previously. Is there a suggestion for a decent view? I was thinking close to pool maybe?

Standard view in Jambo could have you just as easily viewing the parking lot and if not close together, you could be a long ways away. IMHO I'd do Kidani especially if kids younger as think pool the nicer for young ones.

It should be noted that in terms of Square Footage the Kidani Villas are bigger. Just saying

There are a few standard views at Kidani that are also partial savannah view - some of them are near the pool.

Even though Jambo only has 2 bathrooms in the 2Br lockoff the one for the 1BR part is down a hall across from the Master so it doesn't connect directly to the master which might be better for a group that is using the living room sleeper sofa and sleeper chair. But having 3 bathrooms at Kidani is really nice.

With the 2br at Kidani, you get two queen beds, two pull-out sofa sleepers, and one pull out sleeper chair. 3 bathrooms, one with jetted tub. Full kitchen. Everyone in the same room together.

With the 3 studios, you get three queen beds and three pull-out sofa sleepers. 3 bathrooms. 3 kitchenettes. No guarantee that you'll be anywhere close to one another.

It's up to you to make the decision of which is best for your circumstances.

I think you mean 1 king, 2 queens, 1 queen sleeper sofa and 1 sleeper chair for the standard 2BR.

Standard view in Jambo could have you just as easily viewing the parking lot and if not close together, you could be a long ways away. IMHO I'd do Kidani especially if kids younger as think pool the nicer for young ones.

No standard views at Jambo are parking lot. They are either pool or partial savannah view. The only parking lot view rooms are two value 2BR lockoff units.

I think you mean 1 king, 2 queens, 1 queen sleeper sofa and 1 sleeper chair for the standard 2BR.

I did mean one king, but there are not two additional queen beds in a 2br at Kidani. One king bed, one queen bed, two sleeper sofas (one queen, one full) and a sleeper chair.

I did mean one king, but there are not two additional queen beds in a 2br at Kidani. One king bed, one queen bed, two sleeper sofas (one queen, one full) and a sleeper chair.
This is assuming you book a 2BR lock-off...a dedicated 2BR will have a king bed in the master, 2 queen beds in the bedroom, and a sleeper sofa and sleeper chair in the living room.

In May 2015, we stayed in a standard studio at Jambo House I was hoping to be in one of the rooms near the front of the resort, facing the pool, but when we started our long walk down the hall, I knew we were in for a surprise...

...this was our "standard" view!....

Apparently, too many people complained that this was not a good enough view of the savanna and so the room was re-classified as "standard":goodvibes

This is assuming you book a 2BR lock-off...a dedicated 2BR will have a king bed in the master, 2 queen beds in the bedroom, and a sleeper sofa and sleeper chair in the living room.

In May 2015, we stayed in a standard studio at Jambo House I was hoping to be in one of the rooms near the front of the resort, facing the pool, but when we started our long walk down the hall, I knew we were in for a surprise...

...this was our "standard" view!....

Apparently, too many people complained that this was not a good enough view of the savanna and so the room was re-classified as "standard":goodvibes

Wow, very nice!

It should be noted that in terms of Square Footage the Kidani Villas are bigger. Just saying
Studios (Standard/Savanna View) are only different by 1 sq ft. Grand Villas in Jambo House (2340 sq ft) are larger than those in KV (2201 sq ft).

A dedicated 2 BR at Kidani is as I described with 1 King, 2 queen beds in the second bedroom, 1 queen sleeper sofa and 1 sleeper chair in the living area. You are describing a 2 BR lockoff which would be all of Jambo or also available at Kidani if one wished to book that config.

I always prefer Kidani over Jambo house. With the party of 5 you have the 2 bedroom so what more can you ask for. Also I would save the 25 points for another trip

We have been really discussing it and I think we might try the two bedroom at Jambo. We have loved the space of the two bedroom at Kidani in the past, but we would like to see what it's like to stay in the actual lodge :)

The lock off at Jambo actually works out well for us since my parents would be using it. My dad wakes very early and he can make coffee at his kitchenette and not wake my kids sleeping in the living room!!

I always prefer Jambo when staying in a studio because I do enjoy the food choices at the Mara. You mention that your parents will be in the "studio" portion of the Jambo lock off, and I do like the layout of the studios better in Jambo in Kidani, so I think you'll be fine. I hope you like Jambo as much as we do, I'm staying there this May with DH and again in September in a 2 bedroom lock off with Girlfriends!

I think the rooms themselves are nicer at Kidani. I think the standard views are better at Jambo than they are at Kidani. I also think the location is much better at Jambo than at Kidani...Having the quick serve restaurant and a table service restaurant at Jambo is much more convenient than what's available at Kidani.

I was just watching some video of the Two Bedroom at Jambo, I really like how the master bedroom's door is off of the mini hallway and not part of the living room! At Kidani my kids slept in the living room and we could hear them through the door vent and it drove me nuts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter